Another A+ mock draft

Money

1st round, 28th overall - LaMar Jackson QB LOUISVILLE

PIT trades 1st round, 28th overall to CLE (or arbitrary) for CLE 2nd round, 35th overall, 4th round, 114th overall, 5th round, 150th overall, and 2019 3rd (via NE)

Cleveland wants the 5th year option on QB and jump Jacksonville and New England two teams looking for a QB. Possibly could be a good spot for a number of teams jumping back in for a QB. The chart has the 4th and 5th where they are as undervalue, so CLE plugs up the deal with NE 3rd acquired in Danny Shelton deal.

2nd round 35th overall - Justin Reid S STANFORD

This is a top 20 pick. But with four QBs and maybe the last name he falls. He ticks all of my boxes. He's not overly dynamic at the position but he's solid across the board. And I'm not giving out many A's here. No one likes me as a grader. 4.40 speed. 3 cone. Ballhawk. Can play free or strong. Good size. Maybe get a couple pro bowls here if we're a good team. Immediate contributor. Versatile. Maybe put Sean Davis back in a more natural CB/S safety role. Like I want Davis picking up the RB in matchups. Maybe covering the TE. We need to do better with matchups bc Belichick is out there playing chess he has to cover him and we're out here jumping pieces and saying 'King me'

FREE SAFETY

2nd round, 62nd overall - Josh Sweat EDGE FLORIDA STATE

JD Clowney.

4-3 DEFENSIVE END

3rd round, 92nd overall - Deshon Elliott S TEXAS

Value pickup here. Cut Wilcox.

STRONG SAFETY

4th round, 114th overall - Troy Fumagali TE WISCONSIN

Solid. 6'6" 250 LBs. Great hands.

5th round, SF - Jack Cichy ILB WISCONSIN

Really loved watching this player. And what I mean by that I loved watching him was, I hated watching him making plays. And no one really likes Wisconsin. Stood out on tape. Slow? Injuries? No. No. Let's see I got Luke Kuechly at 6.92 3 cone and 4.12 20 yd shuttle. And I got Jack Cichy at 7.10 3 cone and 4.28 20 yd shuttle. Short shuttle is best measurement for ILB bc it simulates shuffling side to side. This is a read and react type LB. A former walkon. Team leader. A little adversity never hurt.

5th round, CLE (via GB) - Ade Aruna OLB TULANE

(Ah-day) (A-roo-nah)

Freaky tools. Calling him a OLB. Rangy. 6'4 1/2 265. Africa. As in Nigeria. Developmental prospect that could be a Ziggy Ansah in a few years.

5th round, PIT - Kalen Ballage RB ARIZONA STATE

7th round, NYG - Jordan Thomas CB OKLAHOMA

This is my sleeper of the year. 5 INT's Sophomore year. Two arrests. 

6' CB that has some freakish tools and has great ball skill but has some poor technique. In terms of CB measurements, what you wanna look at is the 3 cone. Not the 40 yard dash. The 40 yard dash is a better measurement for WR, which is why the Steelers are good at drafting WR and poor at drafting CB. See what you want out of a CB is the ability to mirror the opponent's movement. It's like tag. You need to stop and start. The 3 cone gives me an agility measurement. His 20 yd shuttle is good as well. That's an explosion measurement.

He had a 6.28 3 cone, which is the fastest I've ever seen. Coming from someone who's not 5'9" is interesting bc it's a turning radius and the smaller guys do much better in this area. You'll see some 6.5's. Never 6.2's. That's just stupid. He's also got the 3.9 20 yd shuttle, which is in the elite category as well.

His technique sucks. He never gets a good jam. 4 reps of 225. If I'm a QB, I would've thrown his way the whole game bc the WR was open all day. 

In terms of 7th rd picks, I'd rather have tools and no technique than Matakevich who has technique but no tools. I can teach technique. Off-field will bring him down here as well. But I'm willing to take a chance on him bc this has Kelvin Beachum type value down here.

7th rd, PIT - Oren Burks ILB VANDERBILT

Former safety. 6'3" 233 LBs. Got better as year went on. He's going to be my cover LB in my nickel and dime. He can cover the back. Could make it as an ILB with some technique and refined work in his craft. 4.59 40. 6.8 3 cone. 4.15 20 yd shuttle. Great athlete. Special teams. Leader on and off the field on his NFL profile.

In terms of need out of 10. Value dictates selection. 

ILB - 6/10

OLB - 8/10

DL - 5/10

QB - 4/10

WR - 3/10

CB - 6/10

S - 7/10

RB - 5/10

OL - 3/10

Actually not horribly unrealistic.

Not sure if Cleveland would need a QB at 28 because it seems locked in they are taking Darnold #1, but someone else could want to jump

Honestly, wouldn't mind this draft. Not in love with Sweat but eh 

Archived