D82's FINAL 2018 Mock

D82

1/19) Kyle Vander Esch - I agree he could be a stub MLB

2/36) Harrison Phillips (3T) - 42 reps and former wrestler, makes a lot of tackles

2/50) Billy Price (C/OG) - see Cowboys going WR later in draft after signing Hurns & Thompson

3/81) Shaquem Griffin  (WILL LB)- move the Griffin pick higher to obtain him his stock is going to rise

4/116) Deadrin Senat (DT) Stout low gravity leverage double teamer with ability to rush QB (Boetgger coming off Achilles injury ?)

4/137) Daurice Fountain (WR) - big bodied receiver with 4.4 speed and visiting Cowboys.

5/168) Tre Flowers (FS) - I think this guy is flying under the radar

5/171) Ade Aruna (DE) very raw but talented just needs to be in the right fit.

6)192) Joe Noteboom (OT) more depth to offensive line

6/193) Dontrell Hilliard (RB) good complimentary back to Elliott & Smith

6/208) Khalid Hill (FB/TE) big bodied FB that can move the pocket and is a threat catching the ball out of the back field

7/236) Michael Joseph (CB) - more depth to secondary              

UDFA's                                                ***************  look like diamonds in the rough type players

Jerimiah Briscoe (QB) 6-3" 225lbs.

Malik Earl (WR) 6-3" 217lbs. ************ big bodied runs excellent routes

Chris Lacey (WR) 6-3" 205lbs. ********** very fast makes very acrobatic catches

Diocemy Saint Juste (RB)

Detrez Newsome (RB/KR) 5-9" 202 lbs.

Chris Frey (LB) 6-2" 238lbs. ********** plays with a attitude, very instinctive

Beau Nunn (OG/RT) 6-4" 306lbs.

Timon Parris (OT) 6-5" 305lbs.

Tre Herndon (CB) 6-1" 188 lbs.

I really like the Kyle Vander Esch pick because I see a lot of upside , Shaquem Griffin is going higher I think then where you slotted him, Tre Flowers is a player that I really like and I feel he's not getting any recognition, Senat is another solid pick , I went with Price because he's a solid player and I feel the Cowboy's go with Fountain later, Sweat showed a lot of athleticism at the combine but I feel the Cowboys add another 3T in Harrison, they get Aruna later for their edge rusher, I don't think Hines falls to us so I have the Cowboys going with another Texan Hilliard scouts compare him to a Matt Forte, I'm not familiar with Kyle Bosh so I went with Noteboom because I drafted Price earlier for the inside position on the offensive line, I know the Cowboys traded for a FB but Hill adds a lot to an offense with good hands and blocking ability, Michael Joseph looks like he could be a diamond in the rough. Overall you did a good job .

I'm sure that Vita Vea could be there @19 but the Cowboy's philosophy is drafting 1techs. in later rounds it wouldn't hurt my feelings if the Cowboy's drafted Vea because we need a big bodied muscle man in the middle that could compliment Collins style of play.

Kyle Vander Esch  ILB Cowboys like their Boise State players and I'm sure he'll be there @ 19 a lot of mockers and scouts have mix emotions on Vander Esch but he looks very good on tape.

With the Cowboys signing Joe Thomas (LB) depth linebacker and special teamer looks better than Wilber, Thompson & Hurns adds to the receiving corps. and with signing Fleming it fills a much needed position where the Cowboys really suffered last year there wasn't really any real quality depth to back up Tyron when missing in action. The thing that hurt the Cowboys last year was a 6 game suspension and a LT's back.

Did some fixin'

TRADES

* The Indianapolis Colts send a 2018 2nd Round Pick (36th Overall Pick) to the Dallas Cowboys in exchange for DT David Irving.

* The Seattle Seahawks send a 2018 5th Round Pick (168th Overall Pick) to the Dallas Cowboys in exchange for WR Cole Beasley 

DRAFT

1st Round, 19th Overall: Leighton Vander Esch MLB, Boise State
2nd Round, 36th Overall (via IND): Will Hernandez G, UTEP
2nd Round, 50th Overall: Maurice Hurst, Jr. DT, Michigan
3rd Round, 81st Overall: Dalton Schultz TE, Stanford
4th Round, 116th Overall: Nyheim Hines RB, N.C. State
4th Round, 137th Overall: Daurice Fountain WR, Northern Iowa
5th Round, 168th Overall (via SEA): Jordan Whitehead S, Pittsburgh
5th Round, 171st Overall: Tarvarus McFadden CB, Florida State
6th Round, 192nd Overall (via OAK): Brett Toth T, Army
6th Round, 193rd Overall: Ade Aruna DE, Tulane 
6th Round, 208th Overall: Kenny Young OLB, UCLA
7th Round, 236th Overall: Khalid Hill FB, Oklahoma

2018 ROSTER

QB: Dak Prescott // Cooper Rush
RB: Ezekiel Elliott // Rod Smith // Nyheim Hines
FB: Jamize Olawale 
WR: Dez Bryant // Allen Hurns // Ryan Switzer // Daurice Fountain // Deonte Thompson
TE: Jason Witten // Geoff Swaim // Dalton Schultz // Rico Gathers
LT: Tyron Smith // Cameron Fleming
LG: Will Hernandez
C: Travis Frederick // Marcus Martin 
RG: Zack Martin
RT: La'el Collins 

LDE: DeMarcus Lawrence // Charles Tapper // Datone Jones
3T: Maliek Collins // Lewis Neal // Brian Price
1T: Maurice Hurst, Jr. // Richard Ash 
RDE: Tyrone Crawford // Taco Charlton // Ade Aruna // Randy Gregory
SLB: Jaylon Smith // Damien Wilson
MLB: Leighton Vander Esch // Joe Thomas 
WLB: Sean Lee // Kenny Young
CB: Byron Jones // Chidobe Awuzie // Tarvarus McFadden
FS: Jeff Heath // Jordan Whitehead 
SS: Xavier Woods // Kavon Frazier
CB: Jourdan Lewis // Anthony Brown

K: Dan Bailey
P: Chris Jones
LS: L.P. Ladouceur 

PRACTICE SQUAD

QB Matt Linehan
RB Trey Williams
FB Khalid Hill
WR Noah Brown
TE Lance Lenoir
T Brett Toth
G Kadeem Edwards 
LB Justin March-Lillard
CB Marquez White
S Jameill Showers

I loved that 2nd one for the most part. If this is assuming that Irving will not be around for a long term contract. At least we got a stud road grader for Zeke in the process. Not the biggest fan of Hurst but he may be respectable when replacing Irving plus it fills the void. Theres a few more I might change but overall this address our needs very well.

Archived