D82's Last 7 Round Mock Draft (w/ Trades) **UPDATED**

D82

1 hour ago, Desperado82 said:

I feel like if Allen can work on the mental aspect of his game, he can be a better QB than Darnold. I think Daboll can help him do that.

I respect your mock but I can't see any situation Bills will pass over the more polished Darnold or Rosen for that matter. 

Darnold arm plays in Buffalo, Darnold has better pocket presence, Darnold is further along in his progression, Darnold has quicker feet and scrambling ability. More experience on a bigger stage etc

2 hours ago, Desperado82 said:

#12 - 1200

#20 - 850
#82 - 180

Leaves a difference of 170 pts. The 2019 3rd could end up being worth anywhere between 112-265 pts depending on where the Lions pick. 

James is probably one of the safer bets in this draft. He's a leader in the locker room, makes plays in coverage and against the run. Patricia tends to run a lot of 3-safety sets, so adding James in the backfield to go along with Killebrew and Quin gives you three really good guys to use in a division with the likes of Diggs, Cobb, and now Robinson and Graham.

Yeah except that they also re-signed Tavon Wilson, signed Deshawn Shead as a big DB who can fill multiple roles, and have Quandre Diggs who finished up the year at S after being a nickel back. They've already got more than enough pieces at safety to do as much mix 'n match as Patricia's little heart can desire.

2 hours ago, Desperado82 said:

#12 - 1200

#20 - 850
#82 - 180

Leaves a difference of 170 pts. The 2019 3rd could end up being worth anywhere between 112-265 pts depending on where the Lions pick. 

James is probably one of the safer bets in this draft. He's a leader in the locker room, makes plays in coverage and against the run. Patricia tends to run a lot of 3-safety sets, so adding James in the backfield to go along with Killebrew and Quin gives you three really good guys to use in a division with the likes of Diggs, Cobb, and now Robinson and Graham.

Lions already have 4 good safeties in Glover Quin, Quandre Diggs, Tavon Wilson, and Miles Killebrew. They don't need a 5th. Bob Quinn might as well not bother even coming back to Detroit if he trades away two thirds just to come away with a safety and a tight end. Still would have glaring needs at LG & DT with additional needs for a rotational edge rusher/LB type, rotational RB, 3rd TE, and 5th WR.

Bro this is a strong draft for the Falcons and the only big problem i see is we don't have a real NT for the D-line and Hubbard + Hurst are sort of a similar position player for us in the SDE/UT mold.   Both really good players though but hear me out on what you think about a move like the.

Falcons send 1st  #26 + 4th + 3rd or 4th next year    or  #26 and 3rd + 5th next year   for #21 and 4th or 5th -   To go up and get Vita Vea for the Falcons at NT.  This is a legit massive need for us to replace Poe and give us a top 10 to 15 draft prospect to do so with.   We are known for trading up for falling players of need like we did with Trufant and Takk.     Vea + Hubbard would be an awesome 2 draft picks for our D-line.  

8. Chicago Bears: Minkah Fitzpatrick S, Alabama

39. Chicago Bears: Deon Cain WR, Clemson

105. Chicago Bears: Jaryd Jones-Smith G, Pittsburgh

115. Chicago Bears (via ARI): Davin Bellamy EDGE, Georgia

145. Chicago Bears: Jaylen Samuels RB, N.C. State

181. Chicago Bears: Foley Fatukasi DT, Connecticut

224. Chicago Bears: Chandon Sullivan CB, Georgia State

We need linebackers and pass rushers badly!  If Fitzpatrick is there at 8, a trade back is in play.  We need safety depth, we like our starters.  I'm sure we'll be thinking about getting a third rounder through a trade back.  Edmunds is a good pick at 8 if we can't trade back.

Trading out of 39 is also an option.  WR is still a need with our FA additions, but O-line is a bigger one, especially at OG/OC.  Another pass rusher is another option here.  Mike McGlinchey, Sam Hubbard are all solid options. I'd also say Billy Price, but I'm not sure about his injury.   

16 hours ago, Desperado82 said:

9. San Francisco 49ers: Marcus Davenport EDGE, UT-San Antonio
59. San Francisco 49ers (via NO): Jessie Bates S, Wake Forest
70. San Francisco 49ers (via Chicago): Brian O’Neill T, Pittsburgh
74. San Francisco 49ers: Rashaad Penny RB, San Diego State
128. San Francisco 49ers (via PIT): Tarvarus McFadden CB, Florida State
143. San Francisco 49ers (via NYJ): Chris Worley OLB, Ohio State
184. San Francisco 49ers: David Wells TE, San Diego State
223. San Francisco 49ers (via MIA via TB): Jaleel Scott WR, New Mexico State
240. San Francisco 49ers (via KC): Brandon Hodges G, Pittsburgh

49ers - not particular happy with those selections!

Would prefer something like:

9. San Francisco 49ers: Harold Landry EDGE, Boston College
59. San Francisco 49ers (via NO): Mark Andrews TE, Oklahoma
70. San Francisco 49ers (via Chicago): Anthony Averett CB, Alabama
74. San Francisco 49ers: Braden Smith G, Auburn
128. San Francisco 49ers (via PIT): Bo Scarborough RB, Alabama
143. San Francisco 49ers (via NYJ): Auden Tate WR, Florida State
184. San Francisco 49ers: Micah Kizer ILB, Virginia
223. San Francisco 49ers (via MIA via TB): Byron Pringle WR, Kansas State
240. San Francisco 49ers (via KC): Scott Quessenberry G, UCLA

Interesting and would agree with Dallas 1st pick but in 2nd looking who they are bringing in would say Kolton Miller OT at 36 and Dalton Schultz TE at 50, 3rd rd would be Malik Jefferson Mlb, 4th rd (assuming no trades) would be Nathan Shepherd DL and Nyheim Hines RB, 5th Siran Neal S, 6th Maurice Fountain WR, Brandon Facyson CB and Larry Allen Jr. OG, 7th Justin Lawler DE.

Orlando Brown literally had the worst combine ever for a left tackle prospect. Let that sink in. He was considered possibly as high as a mid first-rounder before, though if one really starts to look at the tape, one can see that Baker Mayfield makes that offensive line more than that offensive line made Baker Mayfield. I would bet money that Orlando Brown does not go that high. I actually think he doesn't go until at least the third, if not the fourth round. There is too much quality middle talent in this draft to reach on a big fat slob who doesn't bend well.

Now for the Browns at pick number 1, I love seeing Josh Rosen there for once. For me, the top two quarterbacks are clear and they are Baker Mayfield and Josh Rosen. I would be very happy with each, and I would be very nervous about Sam darnold or Josh Allen, though both could end up being franchise quarterbacks as well.

I like the Mike Hughes pick a lot, and I would probably change out Orlando Brown for DJ Moore or else Mike McGlinchey if you see us grabbing a tackle. Word is that they are going to try out Shon Coleman at left tackle for a year before deciding to draft one, then we will see what happens at the draft. The Browns just spent fairly large money on a right tackle prospect that Todd Haley knows from Pittsburgh.

On 3/23/2018 at 8:47 PM, Desperado82 said:

#12 - 1200

#20 - 850
#82 - 180

That is by far NOT their greatest need. 

Bob Quinn is a need based drafter, particularly in the 1st round. Safety is one of the strongest positions on defense. I could actually see a corner being taken at 20...if all other defensive tackles, edge rushers, linebackers, or LGs worth a 1st round pick are gone...because, you know, you can never have too many CBs. But not safety.

Really, it doesn't matter what Patricia did with the Patriot's safeties. Patricia's claim to fame is that he will adjust scheme to fit personnel. And while that's usually nice lip service that you hear about coaches, in this case I believe it. If they have the personnel where it makes sense to run a 3 safety set, then so be it. But he's not married to that because he ran a lot of that with the Patriots.

On the other hand, the one thing Patricia (and just about every defensive coordinator I've ever seen) can't scheme around, and we saw it in the Superbowl, is not having a pass rush. Even so, Bob Quinn has provided able evidence that he won't trade up or pay exorbitant free agency money, even if it would be improving the one thing that we needed the most last year (DT & DE). Sigh.

Nevertheless, Lion fans wouldn't be rolling their eyeballs quite so loudly if you had mocked that they were trading up for a pass rusher or defensive tackle. As it is, I've had to put my eyeballs on mute so that I could type this. :)

Archived