HOPE AT 1 & 4

REBEL65

9 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

I ate a Chubb once (the creek kind) it kind of tasted like carp. Yuck 

I CAN'T HEAR YOU.

I MUST SAY THAT DORSEY'S ALLEGED TREACHERY AND DECEIT IS INTRIGUING, BUT TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW IN THE HELL IT BENEFITS US?

Hey, I'm a Pats fan checking in - I'm preparing to do a mock draft so I just wanted to know what you guys think the Browns should do in the draft. You guys would obviously know better than anyone else on this site and screwing up the Browns in a mock draft is not something I want to do given that they have No. 1 and No. 4. Barkley and Mayfield seems to be a popular idea on this specific thread, but on others I've seen Darnold/Barkley, etc. Ideas, comments, suggestions? In the second round, should they go OT or are there other more important needs? Just give me what you guys think please, that'd be a huge help.

There have also been some rumors about the Giants' potential interest in trading up for Darnold. What would you guys think of that, and at what price?

16 minutes ago, AlNFL19 said:

Hey, I'm a Pats fan checking in - I'm preparing to do a mock draft so I just wanted to know what you guys think the Browns should do in the draft. You guys would obviously know better than anyone else on this site and screwing up the Browns in a mock draft is not something I want to do given that they have No. 1 and No. 4. Barkley and Mayfield seems to be a popular idea on this specific thread, but on others I've seen Darnold/Barkley, etc. Ideas, comments, suggestions? In the second round, should they go OT or are there other more important needs? Just give me what you guys think please, that'd be a huge help.

There have also been some rumors about the Giants' potential interest in trading up for Darnold. What would you guys think of that, and at what price?

UH- OH GUYS! WE HAVE AN OUTSIDER, SHOULD I WACK HIM BEFORE HE GETS BACK TO WEBBY?!!!!!

31 minutes ago, AlNFL19 said:

There are those in the forum who support Mayfield, Allen, Barkley, Chubb, etc.

They are outliers.

We are going to draft Darnold at #1.

Then we are going to trade down from #4 to some QB-hungry team for the best haul we can get and proceed accordingly.

NYG would have to give us Manhattan and more to get #1 to pick Darnold.

15 minutes ago, bruceb said:

They are outliers.

Then we are going to trade down from #4 to some QB-hungry team for the best haul we can get and proceed accordingly.

Do you guys have preferences among Barkley, Chubb, Fitzpatrick, etc? How far back would be too far to trade?

1 minute ago, AlNFL19 said:

Do you guys have preferences among Barkley, Chubb, Fitzpatrick, etc? How far back would be too far to trade?

There are some who do.

I do not want any of them.

I see ARZ (15) and BUF (12 and 22) as our beaches.

Cool trading with either of them.

3 minutes ago, bruceb said:

There are some who do.

I do not want any of them.

I see ARZ (15) and BUF (12 and 22) as our beaches.

Cool trading with either of them.

I'd see Buffalo as more likely. What kind of compensation would you want for No. 4? 12+22+__ or something?

6 minutes ago, AlNFL19 said:

My choices at 4 in order:

1. Barkley

2a. Chubb

2b. Trade down for a massive haul

54 minutes ago, bruceb said:

They are outliers.

SO, IF THE LEGEND IS TRUE, THE NYG WOULD HAVE TO GIVE US APPROXIMATELY $26 WORTH OF BEADS AND BLANKETS, WHICH, IF MY 3RD GRADE TEACHER WASN'T LYING, WAS THE APPROXIMATE PRICE PAID FOR MANHATTAN ISLAND.

I THINK WE'LL NEED TO ASK FOR MORE.

3 hours ago, AlNFL19 said:

BAKER MIGHT JUST GO NUMBER ONE STRAIGHT UP. THAT SAID, DORSEY IS AWARE OF THE PERCEPTION THAT BAKER IS RANKED BY MOST AS THE QB3 OR 4. DORSEY'S NUMBER ONE GUY'S NUMBER ONE GUY IS BAKER MAYFIELD. DARNOLD IS A SMOKESCREEN BECAUSE HE IS THE NUMBER ONE PICK ACCORDING TO THE MEDIA SO DORSEY IS PLAYING IT UP. THE NEW YORK GIANTS MAY WANT TO TRADE UP TO NUMBER ONE, AND I WOULD LOVE THAT BECAUSE I DON'T THINK THEY WOULD BE TRADING UP FOR BAKER MAYFIELD. IF THE GIANTS INDEED WANT TO TAKE BRADLEY CHUBB, I COULD SEE THEM IN A THREE-WAY TRADE WITH THE BROWNS TO MOVE DOWN JUST A LITTLE BIT. TWO SCENARIOS:

1. NYG - DARNOLD. #2 -2019 1ST, -2018 3RD

2. CLE - BAKER

OR

1. DEN - DARNOLD -#5, -2019 1ST, -2018 2ND, -2018 #99, -2020 2ND

2. CLE - BAKER

5. NYG - CHUBB

3 hours ago, AlNFL19 said:

THERE SEEMS TO BE A CONSENSUS ON CHUBB OR BARKLEY WITH ABOUT 3 OUT OF 5 PEOPLE CHOOSING BARKLEY BETWEEN THE TWO. ARIZONA OR ? ARE IN PLAY BECAUSE THE PRICE IS LIKELY GOING TO BE RIGHT FOR WHOEVER PLANS TO TRADE UP FOR A QUARTERBACK. THAT SAID, THE DREAM FOR BROWNS FANS IS TO LEVERAGE ? AND ARIZONA AGAINST DENVER AND RECEIVE A PREMIUM PICK OR TWO TO TRADE DOWN FROM FOUR TO FIVE.

11 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

BAKER MIGHT JUST GO NUMBER ONE STRAIGHT UP. THAT SAID, DORSEY IS AWARE OF THE PERCEPTION THAT BAKER IS RANKED BY MOST AS THE QB3 OR 4. DORSEY'S NUMBER ONE GUY'S NUMBER ONE GUY IS BAKER MAYFIELD. DARNOLD IS A SMOKESCREEN BECAUSE HE IS THE NUMBER ONE PICK ACCORDING TO THE MEDIA SO DORSEY IS PLAYING IT UP. THE NEW YORK GIANTS MAY WANT TO TRADE UP TO NUMBER ONE, AND I WOULD LOVE THAT BECAUSE I DON'T THINK THEY WOULD BE TRADING UP FOR BAKER MAYFIELD. IF THE GIANTS INDEED WANT TO TAKE BRADLEY CHUBB, I COULD SEE THEM IN A THREE-WAY TRADE WITH THE BROWNS TO MOVE DOWN JUST A LITTLE BIT. TWO SCENARIOS:

1. NYG - DARNOLD. #2 -2019 1ST, -2018 3RD

2. CLE - BAKER

OR

1. DEN - DARNOLD -#5, -2019 1ST, -2018 2ND, -2018 #99, -2020 2ND

2. CLE - BAKER

5. NYG - CHUBB

THERE SEEMS TO BE A CONSENSUS ON CHUBB OR BARKLEY WITH ABOUT 3 OUT OF 5 PEOPLE CHOOSING BARKLEY BETWEEN THE TWO. ARIZONA OR ? ARE IN PLAY BECAUSE THE PRICE IS LIKELY GOING TO BE RIGHT FOR WHOEVER PLANS TO TRADE UP FOR A QUARTERBACK. THAT SAID, THE DREAM FOR BROWNS FANS IS TO LEVERAGE ? AND ARIZONA AGAINST DENVER AND RECEIVE A PREMIUM PICK OR TWO TO TRADE DOWN FROM FOUR TO FIVE.

I can't begin to say how freakin awesome this would be.

Mayfield and Barkley is the quickest way to get wins but also mortgaging our future after 5 years. Mayfield without the proper supporting cast will fail. He’s a QB that needs to be schemed around to work unlike Darnold who can be plugged and played in any scheme. RBs shelf life is roughly 5-6 years so when Barkley starts to faulter there goes mayfields rock. Don’t get me wrong I’m high on Mayfield he’s accurate, above average arm, decently mobile, personally I like his personality. But he’s not a QB I would trust taking from under center a dozen or more times a game and making it work. The smartest decision we could make would be Darnold and Chubb. Both have long shelf lives and are fairly safe. Darnold and Barkley is like meeting in the middle. Long term and short term success. Mayfield and Barkely your basically saying we got the next five years to be great then back to average or cellar 

Archived