HOPE AT 1 & 4

REBEL65

23 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

Mayfield and Barkley is the quickest way to get wins but also mortgaging our future after 5 years. Mayfield without the proper supporting cast will fail. He’s a QB that needs to be schemed around to work unlike Darnold who can be plugged and played in any scheme. RBs shelf life is roughly 5-6 years so when Barkley starts to faulter there goes mayfields rock. Don’t get me wrong I’m high on Mayfield he’s accurate, above average arm, decently mobile, personally I like his personality. But he’s not a QB I would trust taking from under center a dozen or more times a game and making it work. The smartest decision we could make would be Darnold and Chubb. Both have long shelf lives and are fairly safe. Darnold and Barkley is like meeting in the middle. Long term and short term success. Mayfield and Barkely your basically saying we got the next five years to be great then back to average or cellar 

I'M IN THE MINORITY HERE, BUT I SEE DARNOLD AS THE THIRD SAFEST PROSPECT. TO ME, MAYFIELD IS A LOCK AS MUCH AS SOMEONE CAN BE A LOCK. PLUG HIM IN.

22 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

Mayfield and Barkley is the quickest way to get wins but also mortgaging our future after 5 years. Mayfield without the proper supporting cast will fail. He’s a QB that needs to be schemed around to work unlike Darnold who can be plugged and played in any scheme. RBs shelf life is roughly 5-6 years so when Barkley starts to faulter there goes mayfields rock. Don’t get me wrong I’m high on Mayfield he’s accurate, above average arm, decently mobile, personally I like his personality. But he’s not a QB I would trust taking from under center a dozen or more times a game and making it work. The smartest decision we could make would be Darnold and Chubb. Both have long shelf lives and are fairly safe. Darnold and Barkley is like meeting in the middle. Long term and short term success. Mayfield and Barkely your basically saying we got the next five years to be great then back to average or cellar 

The problem with Baker is exactly this.  Huebris has convinced Jimmy that all he needs is players THAT PLAY HIS SYSTEM and the wins will come.  He has shown absolutely no ability or inclination to tailor an offense around the talents of the players he has.  Baker would fail in Cleveland because the coach would have no idea how to use him, other than have him run the ball every 3-4 plays, which will end up getting him killed (although the fact he got up from that police tackle and the subsequent faceplant on the cement wall suggest he has anything but a glass jaw.).  Not a Baker hater, just a Baker in Cleveland hater.  Personally, I would rather have Allen (and of course Darnold) because of this.  My aversion to Rosen is the injuries and the superiority complex - the first ends careers, the second screams uncoachable.

10 hours ago, Trots said:

The problem with Baker is exactly this.  Huebris has convinced Jimmy that all he needs is players THAT PLAY HIS SYSTEM and the wins will come.  He has shown absolutely no ability or inclination to tailor an offense around the talents of the players he has.  Baker would fail in Cleveland because the coach would have no idea how to use him, other than have him run the ball every 3-4 plays, which will end up getting him killed (although the fact he got up from that police tackle and the subsequent faceplant on the cement wall suggest he has anything but a glass jaw.).  Not a Baker hater, just a Baker in Cleveland hater.  Personally, I would rather have Allen (and of course Darnold) because of this.  My aversion to Rosen is the injuries and the superiority complex - the first ends careers, the second screams uncoachable.

Good assessment.

Good post.

Archived