Dallas Goedert, TE, first round pick?

diamondbull424

Dallas Goedert:

6’5” 255 lbs, 32 7/8” arms, 10 1/4” hands

Path to the draft has Ravens taking Goedert in the first round.

Great article on Dallas Goedert going from unheralded high school player to draft sleeper to potential first round pick.

What are your thoughts on Dallas Goedert as a potential first round pick? What are your thoughts on his playing ability?

Goedert’s proday will be on March 30th and he will be in full participation. Many believe he could test like a freak and he arguably has the best hands in the draft within the past decade, let alone this draft alone. If he puts up numbers comparable to what Mike Gesicki did at the combine, it’s not unheard of to think that he could go at #16 to the Ravens. What are your thoughts?

I think reversing the first two picks they made in that Path to the Draft video would be more likely (DJ Moore in the 1st, Goedert in the 2nd).

I'll be surprised if Goedert is picked in the first round

4 hours ago, drd23 said:

I think reversing the first two picks they made in that Path to the Draft video would be more likely (DJ Moore in the 1st, Goedert in the 2nd).

I'll be surprised if Goedert is picked in the first round

4 hours ago, Danand said:

I like him. Don't see 1. round talent from speed, routes, separation but if we pick him in the 2. round, sure.

Nothing more to add here.  Basically what these gentlemen said.

To play Devils advocate, if the ceiling of Goedert is an elite TE like Travis Kelce and the ceiling for DJ Moore is pretty good WR like Golden Tate/Derrick Mason, would you guys still prefer to go with Moore first?

Also what about how Goedert stacks up in this TE class to his peers?

6 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

To play Devils advocate, if the ceiling of Goedert is an elite TE like Travis Kelce and the ceiling for DJ Moore is pretty good WR like Golden Tate/Derrick Mason, would you guys still prefer to go with Moore first?

If it meant potentially getting both, then yes.

Taking Goedert in the 1st would guarantee not getting Moore

I really don't like the idea of taking tight ends high in the draft. It's a slow-developing position that has a pretty unsatisfactory track record in the first round. I don't like comparing past drafts/prospects to previous ones, but I think this is more of a position thing. Tight end is hard man. 

4 hours ago, coordinator0 said:

I really don't like the idea of taking tight ends high in the draft. It's a slow-developing position that has a pretty unsatisfactory track record in the first round. I don't like comparing past drafts/prospects to previous ones, but I think this is more of a position thing. Tight end is hard man. 

True.

I usually don’t like tight ends in the first round simply based off of value. But if Dallas Goedert truly does show 4.5 speed at his proday, which shows on tape, I would definitely be interested.

I usually don’t like Tight Ends in the first round because of durability, that said Goedert does have elite film, if he shows elite athleticism too, that might convince me that he’s worthy of a first round selection.

Archived