Patriots safety Duron Harmon detained for smuggling marijuana

nextsuperstar1

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

2 points:

1.   If it’s a felony then he’s in trouble. Or however they treat it in Costa Rica.  If it’s not it would just count as 1 strike in the drug policy.  Weed gets 4 total strikes before you get suspended.  

2.   Having said that how stupid can you be?   You’re trying to bring drugs INTO Costa Rica from the US?    Seems like he should have gotten caught the other way around.   

Marijuana is legal in Boston. 

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

I used to think Billicheck was the modern age Tom Landry when it came to discipline and rules. Though he has proven more lax by a fair compared to Tom. 

Which explains him benching their second-best corner in the biggest game of the year because, reasons.

That aside, though, what an idiot, and the sad part about all this is he's gonna get suspended for something trivial. I still can't believe we're fighting for legalized marijuana, which has never killed a single person in the year 2018 while alcohol and cigarettes, which kill thousands of people every single year are both perfectly legal, but it's the law. A dumb law, but the law all the same. 

10 minutes ago, GongKong said:

Doesn't he know they have good weed in Costa rica?

We all wanna have fun on vacation,  but Buddy, I ll tell ya, they will sell it to you there as well.

Just saying. Store that one for future reference

My earlier point lol.  It's like bringing in cigars to Cuba.

3 minutes ago, GongKong said:

Yeah. Hilarious. Prolly just forgot it was there. 

Been doing it so long just is habit.

It wasn't you that replied to my earlier point, saying it's legal in BOS.   Not the point I was making, but all good.

If you've been doing it so long it's a habit, shouldn't your username be BongKong?   Or GongBong?

44 minutes ago, GongKong said:

Doesn't he know they have good weed in Costa rica?

We all wanna have fun on vacation,  but Buddy, I ll tell ya, they will sell it to you there as well.

Just saying. Store that one for future reference

34 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

My earlier point lol.  It's like bringing in cigars to Cuba.

Here is a warning.  This has nothing to do with football.  Discuss football or don't post.

My bad, mea culpa.  

Getting back to football - even if it’s an arrest or no, this will qualify as a positive test.  The amended rules of the drug program in 2015 will allow this to be counted  

So Harmon will need to be in the program for 90 days - if he tests clean, he’s back out of the program.  If this is his 1st strike - no penalty.   If it’s his 2nd, 1 game cheque.   3rd, 2 game cheques. Now if it’s his 2nd/3rd then the duration of how long he stays in the program isn’t as clear.     4th - 4-game suspension and then you stay in the program a lot longer.

So unless this is his 4th positive test (missed tests count as positive) - no impact other than the embarrassing PR.   

1 hour ago, KManX89 said:

Which explains him benching their second-best corner in the biggest game of the year because, reasons.

That aside, though, what an idiot, and the sad part about all this is he's gonna get suspended for something trivial. I still can't believe we're fighting for legalized marijuana, which has never killed a single person in the year 2018 while alcohol and cigarettes, which kill thousands of people every single year are both perfectly legal, but it's the law. A dumb law, but the law all the same. 

Not to mention, spygate, deflategate, and every other controversy surrounding them the last 10 years. Which is what I'm referring to. 

4 minutes ago, lancerman said:

How many Super Bowls did Landry win 

Without cheating or other teams blowing it? 2.

He's morally superior as well. A better comparison would be BB and Jerry Jones in terms of "ethics". 

4 hours ago, Broncofan said:

2 points:

1.   If it’s a felony then he’s in trouble. Or however they treat it in Costa Rica.  If it’s not it would just count as 1 strike in the drug policy.  Weed gets 4 total strikes before you get suspended.  

2.   Having said that how stupid can you be?   You’re trying to bring drugs INTO Costa Rica from the US?    Seems like he should have gotten caught the other way around.   

There are a handful of states it is legal in just go vacation in them. This isn't hard. 

I wonder if this being an international incident might make him more likely to get suspended. Not for the drug offense but for making the NFL look bad. 

Archived