Forum 1st round mock

Johnny Nix

I think there will be a good center prospect on the board at 46. 

At the moment our O-line is Glenn-Boling-Johnson-Westerman/Hopkins/Redmond-Fisher. 

So we need to add a starting C and RT from this draft.  IMO we can wait to 46 for Price and trade up from the 3rd for Brown or O'Neil. So we can take BPA here. 

I vote for Leighton Vander Esch.  I could live with Daniels, a DT, Hernandez, or Jackson. 

I think since no one really dropped they would take the guy ranked right in this range in James Daniels. They don’t want to make the same mistake as last year and have another poor oline. Since many of you listed Daniels, we will go with him. 

24 minutes ago, Jason_Bengal_Fl said:

I’m not as high on Vander Esch. From the scouting report I read his instincts aren’t very good. :) 

I've not watched him really play a game, but the report I read has him as improving in that area over the season and being outstanding in the bowl game. Still, it gives me pause from being all in based on production and athletic profile.

1 hour ago, johndeere1707 said:

I think since no one really dropped they would take the guy ranked right in this range in James Daniels. They don’t want to make the same mistake as last year and have another poor oline. Since many of you listed Daniels, we will go with him. 

But my guy did drop to us...:(

3 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

But my guy did drop to us...:(

I like Wynn’s tape better than Daniels’ also but I like Hurst the best of who’s available. I’d be okay with Daniels there tho. If they want to get anything out of Mixon, Ross, or anybody else on O besides AJ this year taking the top Center is prob the smartest thing to do.

4 hours ago, Beck Bristow said:

I've not watched him really play a game, but the report I read has him as improving in that area over the season and being outstanding in the bowl game. Still, it gives me pause from being all in based on production and athletic profile.

He played one college year of real football I think, he might grow into a good player but there’s a good chance he is going to look something close to Marcus for awhile. Athleticism off the charts but plenty of bad angles and bad pad level. I’d take him in a heartbeat if he is there in the 2nd tho.

13 hours ago, Futbudds said:

I like Wynn’s tape better than Daniels’ also but I like Hurst the best of who’s available. I’d be okay with Daniels there tho. If they want to get anything out of Mixon, Ross, or anybody else on O besides AJ this year taking the top Center is prob the smartest thing to do.

I'm happy with James Daniels, I think I started that bandwagon.  But like you said, the film on Isiah Wynn is impressive which is what moved him above Daniels for me. I see a blocker with great movement skills.  What I like about Wynn more than Daniels (although both are good at it) is the ability at the second level to make blocks in the running game.  Daniels is great at getting to the second level but once he gets there looks lost at times.  He's still young and learning.  If we take Daniels, I'm expecting growing pains in year 1.

Wynn on the other hand I think will be a stud even in his rookie season. I'll shut up about Wynn now, lol...

8 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

I'm happy with James Daniels, I think I started that bandwagon.  But like you said, the film on Isiah Wynn is impressive which is what moved him above Daniels for me. I see a blocker with great movement skills.  What I like about Wynn more than Daniels (although both are good at it) is the ability at the second level to make blocks in the running game.  Daniels is great at getting to the second level but once he gets there looks lost at times.  He's still young and learning.  If we take Daniels, I'm expecting growing pains in year 1.

Wynn on the other hand I think will be a stud even in his rookie season. I'll shut up about Wynn now, lol...

And Wynn is most likely plug and play at guard or tackle on the right side. 

Archived