5th most important player on the Packers?

AlexGreen#20

5th most important Packer  

29 members have voted

1. 1. 5th most important Packer

• Clay Matthews
    • Davon House
    • HaHa Clinton-Dix
    • Morgan Burnett
    • Kenny Clark
    • Jordy Nelson
    • Ty Montgomery
    • Bryan Bulaga

Wanted to get some discussion going.

I'm going to make a new topic of this every few days (going from #2 down to 25 probably) and we'll go down the list and hopefully get a ranking of the 25 most important guys or so. I'd like to get a consensus on where you guys rank our players. 

Who is the 5th most important player on the Packers? The guy who it would be most devastating to lose to injury. 

#1 is Aaron Rodgers

#2 is David Bakhtiari

#3a Mike Daniels*

#3b Nick Perry*

*I'm using my powers as OP to make Daniels 3A and Perry 3b. Fight me.

Anyone recall the GB 2016 CB group.    Davon House is the choice here.  Only CB to be past his rookie contract.  Need someone to step up and House was brought in to be that player.  just too many questions behind him in the entire CB group.  Hell....there are enough questions with him, but I am confident he will be a very solid boundary CB in 2017...hopefully beyond that as well.

Thank you so much for having 3a and 3b go to 5.  It is a pet peeve of mine that people will make a 1a, 1b, then 2.  

Anyway, I am the guy that always looks at this question differently than most.  It usually ends up being a pretty close ranking to "best" player.  I look at "important" as which guy playing poorly (or not at all) hurts the team most.

I would go: Rodgers (Richard of course), Perry, Clark, House.  So this time I am going to go with Kenny Clark.  I think that if he plays well, the defense in turn will play well.  

1 hour ago, CentralFC said:

5a/5b = HHCD and Nelson, in my opinion.

If you take one or the other out of the equation, and replace them with a league average starter which one sees a bigger drop off?  For me, it's pretty clearly HHCD.  I do think Jordy Nelson is the better player, but HHCD is more important to the defense IMO than Nelson is to the offense.

32 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

If you take one or the other out of the equation, and replace them with a league average starter which one sees a bigger drop off?  For me, it's pretty clearly HHCD.  I do think Jordy Nelson is the better player, but HHCD is more important to the defense IMO than Nelson is to the offense.

Were you in a coma for the 2015 season?

1 hour ago, PackyAttacky said:

Were you in a coma for the 2015 season?

I'm not really sure that's the way to get your point across, but...

I'm not sure anyone on offense did anything right that year.  I don't think saying that because Jordy Nelson was out with injury was the only (or main) reason why the offense faltered.

51 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'm not sure anyone on offense did anything right that year.  I don't think saying that because Jordy Nelson was out with injury was the only (or main) reason why the offense faltered.

Agreed. WRs struggled to get open, but Rodgers struggled to hit them when they did get open and OL struggled to give enough time. RBs struggled to hit what holes were available. I think Nelson's absence has become a convenient scapegoat for a full systemic failure of the offense that year.

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Cobb was not hurt he is a slot guy and the offense cannot run through a slot guy, RR is and was terrible. Adams was a second year guy being asked to do too much.

2 hours ago, PackyAttacky said:

Cobb was not hurt he is a slot guy and the offense cannot run through a slot guy, RR is and was terrible. Adams was a second year guy being asked to do too much.

Cobb was hurt that year though wasn't he? I mean he played but I swear he was hurt a lot.

10 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Cobb was hurt that year though wasn't he? I mean he played but I swear he was hurt a lot.

Yes....Cobb had a shoulder injury to start the year and I believe he reaggravated it mid season

Archived