5th most important player on the Packers?

AlexGreen#20

5th most important Packer  

29 members have voted

1. 1. 5th most important Packer

• Clay Matthews
    • Davon House
    • HaHa Clinton-Dix
    • Morgan Burnett
    • Kenny Clark
    • Jordy Nelson
    • Ty Montgomery
    • Bryan Bulaga

6 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Yes....Cobb had a shoulder injury to start the year and I believe he reaggravated it mid season

Yeah I thought so. I went and found the injury report, he wasn't on it again after the first six but I recall him having an issue again. I sort of can picture the play even.

It's another A/B scenario. 

You take either from their respective unit and the other guys, while talented, will struggle to pick up the pieces. Nelson has an unmatched chemistry with Rodgers. In make or break situations, in the red zone where it really counts, and on the sideline when Rodgers is extending plays, Nelson is the guy. He's probably the best sideline receiver in the NFL, and his relationship with Rodgers in the the red zone is unmatched by the rest of the NFL.

Rodgers to Nelson in 2016 (red zone):

29 targets, 19 receptions, 127 receiving yards, 11 touchdowns (Rodgers didn't throw an interception to his 31 touchdowns). Stellar numbers.

On the other side, you take Dix away, I think Burnett can fill his role somewhat. But Dix is the do-it-all safety we haven't had since Collins. He's an effective communicator, leader, tackler, and deep-safety. His instincts are improving. You have to expect his interception #s to improve as well. But the defense isn't the same without his presence on all three downs. He's our glue guy and has a chance to be an All Pro safety. 

Archived