Raiders sign Reggie Nelson

Humble_Beast

He knows PG and his scheme and he also know the team. Depth signing barring a surprise trade/cut...

The S dratf is out of the question now with Karl, Obi, Marcus, Reggie, Luani and Erik...

Marcus could be a slot CB option even more now...

6 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

They're putting one player familiar with the coaching staff in every room (J.Johnson, K.Smith, J.Nelson, B.Giacomini, T.Carradine, E.Lamur/K.Wilber, R.Nelson).

Very true. They want all the players up to speed on the new systems/schemes/audibles. I like it in theory, but just pray they don't exclusively make the team because they are familiar with the coaching staff. Better players > familiar players.

4 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Very true. They want all the players up to speed on the new systems/schemes/audibles. I like it in theory, but just pray they don't exclusively make the team because they are familiar with the coaching staff. Better players > familiar players.

I think it's also meant to avoid the problems the previous staff seems to have gone through. If they have vets who can link the players and the coaches, communication should be easier.

33 minutes ago, Rolni said:

He knows PG and his scheme and he also know the team. Depth signing barring a surprise trade/cut...

The S dratf is out of the question now with Karl, Obi, Marcus, Reggie, Luani and Erik...

Marcus could be a slot CB option even more now...

Yeah, I thought about that too.

I think it depends on the scheme we run.

First thing I'll say is that I don't think Nelson means anything to the front office in terms of who we draft. Or at the very least it shouldn't.

I'll continue this post on the draft thread as it's got longer than I expected.

54 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

They're putting one player familiar with the coaching staff in every room (J.Johnson, K.Smith, J.Nelson, B.Giacomini, T.Carradine, E.Lamur/K.Wilber, R.Nelson).

45 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

I think it's also meant to avoid the problems the previous staff seems to have gone through. If they have vets who can link the players and the coaches, communication should be easier.

Very good points. Like @RaidersAreOne said I hope the 3-4 top draft picks aren't determined by these guys being at the positions.

36 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

The GOAT is back baby! It's funny because before Nelson lost a step, he used to be really good.

Yeah, he literally looked like a different player thru downward progression on the field at times and in stat production from 2015 CIN to 2016 Oak to 2017 Oak.

I'll probably get shouted down for this but you wonder if he looks better in PGs system. No, I don't want him to start and yes I think he looked very slow at times on the field for us last year. Just thinking out loud.

48 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

Yeah, he literally looked like a different player thru downward progression on the field at times and in stat production from 2015 CIN to 2016 Oak to 2017 Oak.

I'll probably get shouted down for this but you wonder if he looks better in PGs system. No, I don't want him to start and yes I think he looked very slow at times on the field for us last year. Just thinking out loud.

I'd love to see everyone's reaction if its true.

I think everyone will look better under the new defensive regime compared to KNJ's.  The question I have is if they will look better than they were starting to under Pagano.  Wish he could have had an entire off-season/season as DC.

Archived