2012 Draft Redo

SteelKing728

Just looking at the first round, how would you have done this draft in hindsight? Does Luck still go first? What about Wilson and Cousins?

Assume Washington stays at 2..

Ind:

Was:

Cle:

Min: 

Jax:

Dal:

TB:

Mia:

Car:

Buf:

KC:

Phi:

Ari:

LA:

Sea:

NYJ:

Cin:

LAC:

Chi:

Ten:

NE:

Cle:

Det:

Pit:

NE:

Hou:

Cin:

GB:

Min:

SF:

TB:

NYG:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?season=2012&round=round2

If I missed an obvious player it's because well there are like 400 players per draft so whoops. 

Ind: Russel Wilson - Say what you want about him but he's the best QB in this class by a solid Margin, Indy Takes the best QB.

Was: Andrew Luck - Injuries aside I think Luck is still worth gambling on as a top 5 QB at this point, WAS would gladly take Luck.

Cle: Luke Kuechley - Cleveland could use a stud LB and Kuechley is probably the best non QB in this draft.

Min: Harrison Smith - Drafting smith this early is probably a reach but eh it will appease vikings fans who still get a top 3 safety.

Jax: Chandler Jones - Jones turned out to be a stud pass rusher and If I remember correctly the Jaguars pass rush was garbage in 2012.

Dal: Stephon Gilmore - I'm not too crazy about GIlmore but Dallas took Claiborne back in 2012 so why not a superior CB? 

TB: Fletcher Cox - TB could never fill the spot next to McCoy Cox fixes that.

Mia: David DeCastro - Some could argue for Tannehill to still be here but I'd rather the dolphins take a stud G to fix a position that's been terrible since 2012.

Car: Michael Brockers - Car misses out on Kuechley but this helps fix their DT position before they draft bust Star Louteukele or whatever his name is.

Buf: Janoris Jenkins - Janoris Jenkins isn't a terrible consolation prize considering Buffalo needed a CB back then.

KC: Dontari Poe - I'd say this pick worked out fairly well and it will stay the same.

Phi: Michael Brockers - Another stud D-lineman.

Ari: Ryan Tannehill - I don't know where to mock Tannehill but before MVPalmer showed up they needed a QB bad, I think they'd reach for the Solid Tannehill here.

I did the first 13 picks before I got lazy so that's something I guess? 

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

Would anyone consider taking Doug Martin in the first? He was very impressive his rookie year.

Hmmm, gosh, @SteelKing728, you're a far smarter football man than I am, but I thought that The Muscle Hamster did get taken in the first, next to last pick of that round, the Buccaneers snatching him up right before the Giants could take him?

Maybe I'm wrong (whew! That took an effort!)

ANY-way, I still cannot speak of the 2012 NFL draft without risking an emotional breakdown, after all the anguish I suffered following Trent Richardson's catastrophic career for the next few years; all the Faith and Hope and Love- yes, by God LOVE, I'm not ashamed to say it!- that I, and one other loyal Trent fan on here, invested in The Visionless Wonder, agonizing at his every disappointing performance; those were grim times. 

Ah, Trent- What Might Have Been!

Image result for trent richardson 

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

Would anyone consider taking Doug Martin in the first? He was very impressive his rookie year.

I highly doubt it considering he's only had 2 good seasons and the rest have been.....Nothing short of terrible. The browns might, though he'd actually be an improvement on Richardson.

When I do redrafts, I like to assume each team has full knowledge of how each player turns out up to this point, but that is it. They don't know how their team looks in the future, or how the league shapes up. So this redraft is pretty much purely taking into account team needs at the time + player quality today. Also eliminating draft day trades.

1. Ind: QB Russell Wilson 
  2. Was: QB Andrew Luck
  3. Cle: QB Kirk Cousins
  4. Min: LB Luke Kuechly
  5. TB: LB Bobby Wagner
  6. STL: DT Fletcher Cox
  7. Jax: WR T.Y. Hilton (need a WR for your QBOTF)
  8. Mia: S Harrison Smith (debated going Foles/Keenum here, BPA is between Smith and Lavonte, latter doesn't really fit scheme)
  9. Car: CB Casey Hayward
  10. Buf: LB Lavonte David
  11. KC: DT Malik Jackson
  12. Sea: DE/LB Chandler Jones
  13. Ari: WR Alshon Jeffery
  14. Dal: CB Josh Norman
  15. Phi: OG David DeCastro (seems a bit late for arguably best guard in the league, feel like teams never hold OG in very high regard though)
  16. NYJ: LB/DE Melvin Ingram
  17. Cin: OG Kelechi Osmele
  18. SDC: NT Damon Harrison
  19. Chi: DE Whitney Mercilus
  20. Ten: CB Janoris Jenkins
  21. Cin: DT Mike Daniels (not great fit but BPA)
  22. Cle: RB Lamar Miller
  23. Det: CB Stephon Gilmore
  24. Pit: NT Dontari Poe
  25. Den: QB Nick Foles
  26. Hou: OG Brandon Brooks
  27. NE: LB Vontaze Burfict
  28. GB: CB Trumaine Johnson
  29. Bal: OT Cordy Glenn
  30. SF: WR Marvin Jones
  31. NE: DE Olivier Vernon
  32. NYG: LB Dont'a Hightower

26 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Hou: OG Brandon Brooks

The irony here is that Brooks was the Texans' 3rd round pick in 2012. Why the let him walk is still beyond me, but he's sorely missed. 

I don't know if Brooks or AJ Bouye is the bigger regret. Thank goodness Rick Smith is gone.

Archived