In House LG Candidates

LoganF89

Just now, MKnight82 said:

giphy.gif

While I realize that is the case with the actual front office, I want to open it up to those who advocate for the internal options to think about what it means going forward.

2 minutes ago, Woz said:

While I realize that is the case with the actual front office, I want to open it up to those who advocate for the internal options to think about what it means going forward.

We have a bunch of money tied up in Trent Williams and Morgan Moses, and Scherff's got a big pay day coming soon.  I know people don't want to hear it but we can't afford an expensive LG. 

Just now, MKnight82 said:

We have a bunch of money tied up in Trent Williams and Morgan Moses, and Scherff's got a big pay day coming soon.  I know people don't want to hear it but we can't afford an expensive LG. 

Of course, draft picks aren't expensive. :D

Just now, Woz said:

Of course, draft picks aren't expensive. :D

For awhile.  However in 4-5 years TWill could be gone so maybe we could afford to extend a high end Guard.

We really needed Kouandjio to pan out, that wasted 4th rounder hurt there.  I could see us going Guard in the 4th again.

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

For awhile.  However in 4-5 years TWill could be gone so maybe we could afford to extend a high end Guard.

We really needed Kouandjio to pan out, that wasted 4th rounder hurt there.  I could see us going Guard in the 4th again.

I'd rather not wait, since the drop off in talent after Hernandez/Smith/Price (if you move him away from center) looks to be somewhat severe.

If the value's not there at 44, so be it. However, if we decide to go another direction when the talent is there, do not expect anything other than Woz as:

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, oldman9er said:

^ what an awesome gif

Believe it or not, it's a from a series of advertisements for cheese (I originally remembered it as yogurt, but time, it is not good on the memory)

10 hours ago, Woz said:

Realistically, only Orlando Franklin makes any sense at LG of the guys you listed.

That said, none of the guys listed in your entire post is signed beyond this season. What is the plan beyond this season?

Draft someone to develop just like we did with Roullier. I fully expect them to draft another C/G prospect. I get the sentiment that we should draft one in round 1 or 2, trust me I do. The problem is we don’t have unlimited draft picks in round 1 and 2. We need to just take the best available players - hopefully to fill the weakest parts of our team - and continue to build our team that way. 

If the BPA in round 2 is an OG then take a G. If not, take the other player.

Archived