Forum by forum Mock Draft - Pick 9

8 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

I know a Vikes fan or two and had to tell them that I was fairly certain Keenum would relapse to his old self. He did. Was it 2 INTs and a fumble in the playoff loss? I really don't call him reliable. Definitely not 'franchise'.

Using a single game to support a thesis that he would regress is a poor argument in my opinion. All quarterbacks go through poor games, and he was playing the Eagles defense, possibly the best in the NFL. Am I bullish on Keenum's potential as a starting quarterback moving forward? Definitely not. I think he was surrounded by a very good team and Zimmer / Shurmur put him in excellent situations to succeed.  At the same time, he could absolutely end up sustaining himself as a competent NFL starter. You need a much bigger sample size to see where he is moving forward. I'm certainly not going to make that claim on the basis of a single road playoff game against possibly the best defense in the NFL that he can't. And one of those turnovers I'm pretty sure wasn't really his fault (hit while throwing a pass). 

And you need a MUCH bigger sample size than one season for Keenum to be more than a journeyman QB. Reliable? Not yet. Franchise? Definitely not. 

It goes both ways, Forge. I simply choose to believe he is nothing more than a journeyman QB. This will probably have been the best moment of his career. Of course, I could be wrong. He is only 30.

58 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

And you need a MUCH bigger sample size than one season for Keenum to be more than a journeyman QB. Reliable? Not yet. Franchise? Definitely not. 

It goes both ways, Forge. I simply choose to believe he is nothing more than a journeyman QB. This will probably have been the best moment of his career. Of course, I could be wrong. He is only 30.

Where did I deny that? In fact, I think I said, 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Am I bullish on Keenum's potential as a starting quarterback moving forward? Definitely not

Archived