Current Depth Chart - 89

Texas_OutLaw7

I'll try to update this as we go.

• Offense - 42
    • QB: Dak Prescott | Cooper Rush | Mike White | Dalton Sturm
    • RB: Ezekiel Elliot | Rod Smith | Tavon Austin | Bo Scarbrough | Trey Williams
    • FB: Jamize Olawale | Jordan Chunn
    • WR: Allen Hurns | Terence Williams | Cole Beasley | Michael Gallup | Cedrick Wilson | Deonte Thompson | Noah Brown | Lance Lenoir | KD Cannon | Marchie Murdock | Malik Earl
    • TE: Geoff Swaim | Blake Jarwin | Rico Geathers | Dalton Schultz | David Wells
    • LT: Tyron Smith | Cameron Fleming
    • LG: Connor Williams | Marcus Martin | Kadeem Edwards Dustin Stanton | Damien Mama
    • C: Travis Frederick 
    • RG: Zack Martin | Joe Looney | Jashon Robertson | Bryce Johnson
    • RT: La'EL Collins | Chaz Green | Jake Campos
  • Defense - 42
    • LDE: Demarcus Lawrence | Taco Charlton | Datone Jones
    • 3T: David Irving | Tyrone Crawford | Brian Price | Jihad Ward | Lewis Neal
    • 1T: Maliek Collins | Richard Ash | Daniel Ross | DeQuinton Osborne
    • RDE: Kony Ealy | Charles Tapper | Randy Gregory | Dorance Armstrong
    • WLB: Sean Lee | Damion Wilson | Justin March-Lillard | Chris Covington | Ed Shockley
    • MLB: Leighton Vander EschJoe Thomas | Joel Lanning
    • SLB: Jaylon Smith | Tre'von Johnson | Kyle Queiro
    • CB: Byron Jones | Chidobe Awuzie | Jourdan Lewis | Anthony Brown | Marquez White | Duke Thomas | Donovan Olumba | Charvarius Ward
    • FS: Jeff Heath | Jameill Showers | Marqueston Huff | Kameron Kelly | Tyree Robinson
    • SS: Xavier Woods |  Kavon Frazier 
  • Special Teams - 5
    • K: Dan Bailey | Brett Maher
    • P: Chris Jones
    • LS: L.P. Ladouceur | Scott Daly
    • KR: Tavon Austin |  Jourdan Lewis
    • PR: Tavon Austin | Cole Beasley
  • Color Key
    • GREEN - Free Agent Signing
    • RED - Added via Trade
    • BLUE - Drafted
    • PURPLE - Undrafted Free Agent 

Nicely done, checks out to me. Although I think them benching Crawford is optimistic.

LB corps still pretty thin. Probably bringing in another back, swing interior OL. Safety I'm starting to wonder if they're just gonna take what they have into the draft.

9 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

Nicely done, checks out to me. Although I think them benching Crawford is optimistic.

LB corps still pretty thin. Probably bringing in another back, swing interior OL. Safety I'm starting to wonder if they're just gonna take what they have into the draft.

Yeah, Crawford is interesting since if Gregory isn't back I can see him being a DE again. What about Taco, does he become a starter as well? Lots of questions. Mainly this is kinda a way to take stock of our inventory. 

Cowboys have already stated that Jaylon Smith will get a shot at the SAM position and if Byron Jones is moving back to his CB position I think he moves on the opposite side of Awuzie and Jourdan Lewis moves inside to the slot position. I'm pretty sure that the Cowboys released Vellano and Price is a 1tech and I feel that the Cowboys are looking at another 1 tech in the draft so they can move Collins back to his 3 tech position. Don't know if we can count on Gregory coming back to this team yet, I would move Datone Jones over to the LDE position so that Taco plays a position that he's familiar with. The 2 linebackers Tre'Von Johnson and Justin March Lillard are currently on this teams roster but I feel that's where the Cowboys are looking to upgrade in this years draft. It looks like your having Fleming being the teams swing tackle and I doubt that very highly  he's going to be the starter at RT and moving Collins back to LG.

59 minutes ago, cowboysdreamer said:

Cowboys have already stated that Jaylon Smith will get a shot at the SAM position and if Byron Jones is moving back to his CB position I think he moves on the opposite side of Awuzie and Jourdan Lewis moves inside to the slot position. I'm pretty sure that the Cowboys released Vellano and Price is a 1tech and I feel that the Cowboys are looking at another 1 tech in the draft so they can move Collins back to his 3 tech position. Don't know if we can count on Gregory coming back to this team yet, I would move Datone Jones over to the LDE position so that Taco plays a position that he's familiar with. The 2 linebackers Tre'Von Johnson and Justin March Lillard are currently on this teams roster but I feel that's where the Cowboys are looking to upgrade in this years draft. It looks like your having Fleming being the teams swing tackle and I doubt that very highly  he's going to be the starter at RT and moving Collins back to LG.

Use this information to go and create a mock draft. 

• 3 weeks later...

Well, ill just say...if Taco cant beat Ealy out for a starting job, we got problems.

Id also peg Fleming in as a starter, either RT or LG. If RT, Collins can slide back in. Wouldnt be smart but gets the best 5 o  the field, and Fleming is a good player you just wait and see how sneaky brilliant that signing was!

9 hours ago, Dallas94Ware said:

Well, ill just say...if Taco cant beat Ealy out for a starting job, we got problems.

Fleming is a career back up. Interesting for you to pump him up and disregard Ealy who has actually had success in the league.

I think a lot of people forget that Kony Ealy would have probably been super bowl MVP had the Panthers won the game. He sacked Manning 3 times and had a pick in that game. Taco has 3 total career sacks. Not sure being so dismissive is waranted. Taco has his hands full if he wants that job imo.

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

Fleming is a career back up. Interesting for you to pump him up and disregard Ealy who has actually had success in the league.

I think a lot of people forget that Kony Ealy would have probably been super bowl MVP had the Panthers won the game. He sacked Manning 3 times and had a pick in that game. Taco has 3 total career sacks. Not sure being so dismissive is waranted. Taco has his hands full if he wants that job imo.

Fair enough, however Fleming started 20 games and was not strictly a backup. And the film does not lie dude - his movement is superb.

New England prefers a power on blocking system more than quickness and finesse. Thats not Flemings forte - capable of it but not what he does best.

Here in Dallas he is a much better fit. Im telling you this guy is going to end up being perhaps the best signing of our offseason. Sneaky good signing.

And i do like the Ealy signing. But Carolina let him walk for a reason. He has a very questionable motor and effort. When he gives it his all he looks great. But the effort lacks.

And with Taco, he will always get the benefit of the investment spent on him if the battle is semi-close or close. Even if Ealy looks better, but not genuinely miles ahead of the curve, Taco will still get the nod.

I find it interesting that you have M Martin over Looney, if that is the case and Smith is healthy (all word from camp is he's fine but we've heard this tune before) then we have upgraded our OL a lot and after we add a tackle in the draft will have a huge battle for back up between Green Fleming Collins and  who ever we draft... as I think we only carry 8 on game day..   though looking isn't Green expected to go back to Guard where he performed better.

and Yeah we need help at WR.   Noah might not make it as we will draft a WR.. (Hope 2nd/3rd round not 1st) ... will we carry more then six.

Will Geathers (2) see the field this year..

YET still when I look LB is the weakest link as when Smith goes down for the expected 4-5 games we are TOAST as Smith is still not ready to CARRY the load and lead the unit.

OH thought this is interesting (Thanks for who ever posted it)

1st round pics by position last 10 years

3-DB 3-OL 2-RB 1-WR 1-DL  ---  up until lost Dez 7 were still on the team.   That is a very very good record for a teams no 1 pick.  And only two of those are not still playing..  both 2008 year pics..   and Taco (injured) last years pic is the only non starter and should start this year I HOPE.  

Only drafted 2 QB's last ten years.. thank you again ROMO who was the man.   One of which is our starter.

We complain so much about Jones's and the draft but looking deeper at the results they are much better then average I would think... so I trust our staff on draft day.

Had to look...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived