Andrew Luck and his health

Warhorse

As we are all hoping (Colt fans at least) for Mr. Luck to return healthy to the team in 2018, there are several reasons for his recent injury history.

1. The first to blame by fans is the offensive line. To analyze this, it helps to first agree that the offensive line has indeed done a less than admirable job of protecting the QB. The reasons? Many. However...individual linemen ability is not the only reason. This is my opinion, but the main reason the Colts offensive line has been so ineffective, is injuries. For a unit that needs cohesion, we have had almost none.
  2. Next is scheme/play calling. Again, injuries probably affected this big time, but the previous coaching staff did not put the offensive line in a position to succeed based on personnel...with the best scheme and in game play calling. It is the major failing of the previous staff, IMO. 
  3. Next is our very own Andrew Luck. Let's face it...Luck is a football player first. He loves to hit...and get hit. When was the last time you saw him recognize a dead play and throw the ball away into the sideline within 3 or four seconds without leaving the pocket...................I'll wait for an answer.......................But I am guessing that the last year off has tempered his physical side a bit. 

Bottom line, We may have several good offensive line pieces...and some depth, but we have to solve 1 & 2 before we can see improvement by signing free agents and drafting new players. And then I hope Andrew can watch some game film of how Peyton just threw the ball away....even gave up on a drive, only to come back and punish. 

this is definitely something our offenses have been seriously overlooking. Especially in the Arians and Pep eras. Shorter routes, with the threat of the deep ball every so often. Instead of the other way around.

your list in order from most problematic to least....

2, 1, 3 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived