Matt Jones

the lone star

You all think he gets more carries this year? He's always had 3 down RB potential, but fumbles were an issue for him, and although he's got solid talent, he's never really been able to put it all together.

However, do you think he cracks 50+ carries for the team this season? Regardless, what do you think the plan is with him?

Hard to say. 50+ for a season is barely over 3/game, so I would say if he is on the 53, that seems likely. We won't really know until we see the new offensive schemes and their intent. If his carries are all goal line....then I hope to hell he has 50+. B|

I’m not sure he even makes the roster. He didn’t at first, last year, but was able to go on the practice squad until Robert Turbin got injured.

Christine Michael was injured in OTAs which made it possible for us to claim him (Jones) on waivers. 

Depending on which RB we draft (Barkley, Chubb, Michel or Jones) the locks are almost certainly Marlon Mack and the draft pick. Robert Turbin was doing real well last year in short yardage situations before his injury. If he recovers fully he should be able to hold off Jones for that. That would leave Christine Michael, Matt Jones and Josh Ferguson fighting off any UDFA RBs for spot #4. 

Archived