BAKER MAYFIELD MAY JUST BE THE SMARTEST MAN ALIVE

NudeTayne

Das Voonderlick  

9 members have voted

1. 1. If I find out Sam Darnold has scored a 4 on the Wonderyear, I will

• give him a key to the city.
    • give him a key to my heart.
    • give him a blum...you know what, never mind.
    • get Darnold his Cloby Fleener by drafting Deontay Burnett in the second round.
    • attempt to pass a very progressive prima nocta law for Sam that gives him "firsts" anywhere in Ohio.
    • extend Hue before the season starts so there is no pressure to rush Sam along.
    • go to my happy place and pretend he scored much higher and didn't turn the ball over and didn't look like Chris Farley if he could lose weight.
    • what happen to fun Tayne?
    • make a Hall of Fame bust of that günfayce.

10 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

I'm squinting deeply. I see nothing. Starting to smell bs though.

It may just be the way you're sitting.

TOOL-Aenima-2-1.jpg

But yeah, it is definitely b.s.; Baker's score was the second best since 2012 and Brady took his wonderlic in 2009.

3 minutes ago, Don Roshi said:

Smart and competitive to a fault? I can get behind picking him no.1.

You may not post often, @Don Roshi...

InterestingMan.jpg

47 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

It may just be the way you're sitting.

TOOL-Aenima-2-1.jpg

But yeah, it is definitely b.s.; Baker's score was the second best since 2012 and Brady took his wonderlic in 2009.

You may not post often, @Don Roshi...

InterestingMan.jpg

I appreciate your candor, buddy.B|;) 

BTW, watched videos from inside the pylon on YouTube, breaking down each top QB prospect's interceptions. Very illuminating and alarming. 2 or 3 of Baker's 5 int's were from being baited by smart DB tricks, one by bad throw, and one by bad decision. He also needs to speed up decision making. The alarming part was Darnold's int's. 12 in total I believe. The theme of most were bad decision, staring down targets allot, and just plain bad throws. His feet were often a mess. Rosen was a victim of not being on the same page with receivers, bad ball placement, getting the ball out late. 

I didn't bother watching Josh Allen's int's, primarily because I have little interest in the CFL and that's where he's headed.

39 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

I appreciate your candor, buddy.B|;) 

BTW, watched videos from inside the pylon on YouTube, breaking down each top QB prospect's interceptions. Very illuminating and alarming. 2 or 3 of Baker's 5 int's were from being baited by smart DB tricks, one by bad throw, and one by bad decision. He also needs to speed up decision making. The alarming part was Darnold's int's. 12 in total I believe. The theme of most were bad decision, staring down targets allot, and just plain bad throws. His feet were often a mess. Rosen was a victim of not being on the same page with receivers, bad ball placement, getting the ball out late. 

I didn't bother watching Josh Allen's int's, primarily because I have little interest in the CFL and that's where he's headed.

Well, since my screen name IS synonymous with the word, "tact", umm...you...were asking for it by choosing to communicate in our shared space at all...? And you're welcome!

As far as the interceptions, I would start from the fact that there were only five for Baker. That is a great sign right there. I'm seeing the same thing you're seeing with Darnold; I see a very raw player who could end up being very good, but I don't see as being safe at all. I honestly see a better Kizer without quite the cannon arm. I hate that his improvisational skills are being talked about like they are his greatest trait. I think that will there will be a lot of where his turnovers will be, and staring down receivers, at the next level because NFL Defenders will take advantage of playground ball for the most part. I see a lot of playground ball, and I don't like that for a number one prospect.

2 hours ago, Don Roshi said:

Smart and competitive to a fault? I can get behind picking him no.1.

He's also accurate with a good delivery. We're going to look pretty stupid in a few years if Darnold doesn't pan out.

As we will if we take Mayfield and he doesn't live up to his billing or crashes and burns.

20 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Putting aside the on-field evaluation I have of Mayfield, I feel like the off-field is just hitting me square in the face, over and over.

That gif above.

He has significant red flags/question marks.

Not smart to bet the ranch on a guy with significant red flags/question marks.

Especially when you are making the biggest decision this franchise has faced since its return.

Nobody will fault Dorsey is he goes with Darnold and for whatever reason he doesn't become our QBOTF.

I am reading things like "best QB prospect since Luck".

Mayfield failure to become our QBOTF (rightly) will be death for Dorsey.

28 minutes ago, brownie man said:

We’ve already picked Darnold

I’ve been saying it for week, it’s a done deal imo.

Also, fair or unfair, I just can’t see Haslam signing off on Mayfield after the Manziel fiasco.  I don’t think Haslam has any desire for more guys who could be issues off the field.

I will be happy with either Darnold or Mayfield, I think both are going to make good pros. Heck, I believe Rosen might be the best pro, based on his displayed arm talent, although the injuries, concussions, and likeability give me pause. And that's a chance I don't want to take for our next great QB undertaking.

My preference is Darnold because I like what I see so far, even with the warts. I'm also a sucker for his Quinn-like frame. Sue me.

I'm okay with either Mayfield or Darnold. Darnold's turnovers scare me, as does his throwing motion. Obviously these can be ironed out, but why worry about that when you've got a much cleaner prospect available.

Obviously the arrest was stupid, nor can it be ignored. He has been punished though, and the only person he hurt was himself. The other stuff isn't a concern of mine. He's a competitive guy. He only needs to dial it back a little bit. He'd be going into a very professional QB room with Stanton and Taylor.

The age thing is a nonissue too. If they both sat for two years, they'd be 23 and 25 with 2-3 years remaining on their contracts. That's still at least 12+ years left for each of them.

Here is a sample wonderlick test. https://samplewonderlictest.com/ I took the full one that athletes have to take on the right side with 50 questions in 12 mins.

First off, I dont know how anybody even finishes all 50 questions. I got to like question 28 before time ran out. The questions are more like riddles than anything. How anybody can even finish that test in 12 mins is beyond me. I got 15/28 questions I was able to answer correct haha You all should try it and post your score/questions answered.

I literally skipped all of the ones that were These Letters Rearranged Form What Word - NCTTAMFP. Nobody has the time to sit there and solve that with the timer going.

Archived