Training Camp Battle - QB #2

y2lamanaki

The battle for QB #2  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the job?

• Matt Barkley
    • C.J. Beathard
  2. 2. If Barkley loses, does he keep a spot on the 53-man roster, or does the team carry only 2 QBs?

• Barkley remains inactive on game days as the #3 QB
    • The 49ers carry only two QBs and Barkley is cut
    • Barkley is cut, but the 49ers keep Mullens on the 53-man roster or pick up another QB

On 8/25/2017 at 10:25 PM, 48 1/2ers said:

Me too, because if we're gonna make a run at Kirk Cousins I first want to have an idea of what Beathard looks like as a pro, he's already shown me more than I ever expected. 

The way Hoyer has played in camp (the games), Beat Hard might just have a chance to show what he's got before the season is over. Hoyer is looking like our best bet to draft top 5 again. 

6 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

The way Hoyer has played in camp (the games), Beat Hard might just have a chance to show what he's got before the season is over. Hoyer is looking like our best bet to draft top 5 again. 

Personally, I think that we should give him a chance a time or two regardless of Hoyer's health or effectiveness. We all know we aren't going to contend this year. Once we are officially out, I don't see why we wouldn't just give him a shot to show what he has the last few games. Get him some reps, let him get used to the speed, etc. 

33 minutes ago, Forge said:

Personally, I think that we should give him a chance a time or two regardless of Hoyer's health or effectiveness. We all know we aren't going to contend this year. Once we are officially out, I don't see why we wouldn't just give him a shot to show what he has the last few games. Get him some reps, let him get used to the speed, etc. 

I'm still hopeful this current staff will have as much common sense as us average fans have. Watching Chip and Kap "play to win", when we were a one-win team, instead of trying out young players vying for future jobs, just proved that the former staff was disconnected from the fans and from any notion of team building. So far, the preseason has given me hope that Kyle and John Lynch are going about it the right way. So yeah, I wouldn't be surprised to see Beat Hard see the field sooner rather than later. Maybe even get him in the game late if we're getting blown out, under the excuse that there is no point in risking injuring our starter. It goes for other positions as well. I'm sure we'll see a lot more rotation this year than we've seen in the last few years, even going back to Harbaugh.

Archived