“To hell and back” - Article on Bears coaching search

CBears019

Great article. I didn’t realize Pace relied on george and ted as much as the article states. I also love that they all wanted to hear “I want to be the head coach of the Chicago Bears.” It reminds me of sales interviews when you have to ask for the job.

5 hours ago, Nads786 said:

Great article. I didn’t realize Pace relied on george and ted as much as the article states. I also love that they all wanted to hear “I want to be the head coach of the Chicago Bears.” It reminds me of sales interviews when you have to ask for the job.

I don't know why people are surprised by this. 

If you were the owner of the Chicago Bears would you not want to be involved in major business dealings such as the hiring of a new head coach, especially when you are giving your GM the keys to the team jet to fly around the country interviewing these candidates?

On the other hand, as GM of the Chicago Bears would you not report to your bosses and keep them involved in the process for a big hiring that will define their success or failure over the next few years?

I mean were people really expecting Pace to do all the researching and interviewing all by himself with no input from anyone else in the organization?  That's not how it works in professional sports or any other corporate business environment.

Archived