My Broncos Mock

Scoundrel

I’m sure I’ll hear some of these guys won’t be there but... let’s see. No QB in this draft with Lynch still on the roster and Chad being our developmental guy this year. 

1.5 Saquon Barkley RB Penn State

I can see Saquon slipping to 5. As the Browns go QB, Giants trade with Buff as they go QB, Jets go QB, and Browns take Chubb at 4. Barkley is a generational talent and instantly makes this offense explosive. 

2.40 Isaiah Oliver CB Colorado

I think he may go round 1 but I could see a couple scenarios I mapped out where he falls here. A long tall corner something we lost with trading Talib. I know we signed Brock and are giving Roby the start outside but Langley isn’t going to be the answer. Doesn’t hurt to add a talent like Oliver here.

3.76 Braden Smith G Auburn

We need someone to battle for that LG spot and guards tend to get pushed down in the draft. Smith would give us a player who could possibly win the job as a rookie.

3.99 Shaqueem Griffin LB UCF

If Griffin is there we should be all over this pick. He can cover and rush the passer and brings an element to the locker room that we need on this team. 

4.106 Timon Parris OT Stony Brook

I like Parris as a developmental option at T for this team behind Veldheer. I know there are other guys like Parker some like. To each their own. 

4.109 Allen Lazard WR Iowa State

Lazard will replace Latimer and I think he actually has a chance to contribute on the offense and play special teams as well. 

5.142 PJ Hall NT Sam Houston St

Hall gives us a developmental NT who can get penetration inside on passing downs. 

5.160 Kylie Fitts OLB Utah

Fitts is very athletic but his injury history drops him to this spot. Denver is hoping they get a rotational edge guy to move Walker back down to end. 

5.163 Chris Herndon TE Miami

Underrated player who will likely go higher and surprise many in the league. He played behind Njoku but this last year he was able to show his abilities much more. 

31 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

You never know who is going to be available where, some guys go before expected and others drop. I really like mock. Barkley is an instant-impact player who makes us a better team from day-one. Getting Oliver in the second would be great. All in all I really like it. 

Thanks for the feedback 

1 hour ago, Counselor said:

I think next year he drafts his QB of the future. If he doesn’t see anything from Chad. 

Next year’s draft looks abysmal.  That’s the only fly in the ointment I see.   If we aren’t going QB it’s a solid draft.  I’d hope we could get Gallup at 99-109 instead of Lazard though.   Can’t argue Oliver and Smith as other day 2 values.   

I’ve said it elsewhere I believe from the way Elway has hedged complete non-commital answers about CJ we are going RB with 1 of those Rd3-4 picks at latest.   Other than those 2 though the value is there.  Hopefully Elway takes players rather than raw athletes Day 2. 

If this happens there are a lot of similarities to the make up of the Broncos roster going in to Elway's first season in 2011:

- Pre-draft, our QB room consists of a low-upside solid veteran in Case Keenum (Kyle Orton) and a former late first round pick who looks like a bust but the team aren't quite ready to bin him yet in Paxton Lynch (Tim Tebow)

- Elway heavily scouts the QBs in the draft but ultimately decides to go with the guy he thinks is the most talented on the board in Saquon Barkley (Von Miller)

- The end result is a home run draft where we hit all our main needs except the QB and replenish the young talent on our team for the next half decade.

Elway's first rebuild which started in 2011 focussed the first year on filling out the talent on the roster than added the franchise QB in year 2. I wonder if this year's rebuild will do the same.

2 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

If this happens there are a lot of similarities to the make up of the Broncos roster going in to Elway's first season in 2011:

- Pre-draft, our QB room consists of a low-upside solid veteran in Case Keenum (Kyle Orton) and a former late first round pick who looks like a bust but the team aren't quite ready to bin him yet in Paxton Lynch (Tim Tebow)

- Elway heavily scouts the QBs in the draft but ultimately decides to go with the guy he thinks is the most talented on the board in Saquon Barkley (Von Miller)

- The end result is a home run draft where we hit all our main needs except the QB and replenish the young talent on our team for the next half decade.

Elway's first rebuild which started in 2011 focussed the first year on filling out the talent on the roster than added the franchise QB in year 2. I wonder if this year's rebuild will do the same.

In theory yes but this qb class is way better than 2011. I mean Allen has twice the upside of locker who was the number 2 qb that year.

1 minute ago, thebestever6 said:

In theory yes but this qb class is way better than 2011. I mean Allen has twice the upside of locker who was the number 2 qb that year.

Josh Allen is going to be a major bust, everyone can see it. No one THAT inaccurate has ever succeeded in the NFL.

1 minute ago, paul-mac said:

Josh Allen is going to be a major bust, everyone can see it. No one THAT inaccurate has ever succeeded in the NFL.

We'll see but even so he still is twice the player Locker was coming out. Locker was a jake plummer at best.

43 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

PLENTY have succeeded with that type of accuracy.  The whole spread system has led people to significantly overrate completion %.

7 hours ago, Counselor said:

I’m sure I’ll hear some of these guys won’t be there but... let’s see. No QB in this draft with Lynch still on the roster and Chad being our developmental guy this year. 

1.5 Saquon Barkley RB Penn State

I can see Saquon slipping to 5. As the Browns go QB, Giants trade with Buff as they go QB, Jets go QB, and Browns take Chubb at 4. Barkley is a generational talent and instantly makes this offense explosive. 

2.40 Isaiah Oliver CB Colorado

I think he may go round 1 but I could see a couple scenarios I mapped out where he falls here. A long tall corner something we lost with trading Talib. I know we signed Brock and are giving Roby the start outside but Langley isn’t going to be the answer. Doesn’t hurt to add a talent like Oliver here.

3.76 Braden Smith G Auburn

We need someone to battle for that LG spot and guards tend to get pushed down in the draft. Smith would give us a player who could possibly win the job as a rookie.

3.99 Shaqueem Griffin LB UCF

If Griffin is there we should be all over this pick. He can cover and rush the passer and brings an element to the locker room that we need on this team. 

4.106 Timon Parris OT Stony Brook

I like Parris as a developmental option at T for this team behind Veldheer. I know there are other guys like Parker some like. To each their own. 

4.109 Allen Lazard WR Iowa State

Lazard will replace Latimer and I think he actually has a chance to contribute on the offense and play special teams as well. 

5.142 PJ Hall NT Sam Houston St

Hall gives us a developmental NT who can get penetration inside on passing downs. 

5.160 Kylie Fitts OLB Utah

Fitts is very athletic but his injury history drops him to this spot. Denver is hoping they get a rotational edge guy to move Walker back down to end. 

5.163 Chris Herndon TE Miami

Underrated player who will likely go higher and surprise many in the league. He played behind Njoku but this last year he was able to show his abilities much more. 

Any draft that does not include a QB early and drafts a great young player as “instant”ly making the offense explosive has not watched Denver’s running game since Clinton Portis departure.  It’s simple folly to think this draft, even though I like the players, does anything more than create a Fantasy football draft pick.  This entire draft is about a QB AND more importantly the BIG UGLYs. 

This draft is not at all what we need. It’s sort of neat and for sure checks all the boxes for cool factor nationally and in Colorado.

Drafting an OG to battle for a spot though in a draft deep with Guards too?  Connor would not lose his job to Braden Smith  NO WAY  That shows my hand about for what I think of Connor as potentially a real starter.

i don’t like this Mock   

My take. 

Archived