My Broncos Mock

Scoundrel

18 minutes ago, BaldyBronco said:

Any draft that does not include a QB early and drafts a great young player as “instant”ly making the offense explosive has not watched Denver’s running game since Clinton Portis departure.  It’s simple folly to think this draft, even though I like the players, does anything more than create a Fantasy football draft pick.  This entire draft is about a QB AND more importantly the BIG UGLYs. 

This draft is not at all what we Its sort of neat and for sure checks all the boxes for cool factor nationally and in Colorado.

Drafting an OG to battle for a spot though in a draft deep with Guards too?  Connor would not lose his job to Braden Smith  NO WAY  

i don’t like this Mock   

My take. 

What qbs are you in favor of in this draft?

2 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Next year’s draft looks abysmal.  That’s the only fly in the ointment I see.   If we aren’t going QB it’s a solid draft.  I’d hope we could get Gallup at 99-109 instead of Lazard though.   Can’t argue Oliver and Smith as other day 2 values.   

I’ve said it elsewhere I believe from the way Elway has hedged complete non-commital answers about CJ we are going RB with 1 of those Rd3-4 picks at latest.   Other than those 2 though the value is there.  Hopefully Elway takes players rather than raw athletes Day 2. 

Awesome take here dude

13 hours ago, germ-x said:

PLENTY have succeeded with that type of accuracy.  The whole spread system has led people to significantly overrate completion %.

That is actually not a true statement. Allen's completion percentage as a whole would point to a low likelihood of success measured against his peers. IIRC, it would be fairly unprecedented for him to succeed given where his accuracy numbers lie.

Counselor, I like this draft a lot. I also can see us leaning Barkley if there. Denver needs an identity. A strong running game can be that identity. Anderson/Booker are placeholders. Anderson was healthy for one year once, Booker is a plodder. Barkley would change our offensive system for the better, IMO. I love Isaiah Oliver. He's going to be a stud in this league. I also love Allen Lazard. He's an underrated WR who should be a solid contributor in the league. Griffin would help tremendously. All in all, I'm a big fan.

1 hour ago, broncos67 said:

That is actually not a true statement. Allen's completion percentage as a whole would point to a low likelihood of success measured against his peers. IIRC, it would be fairly unprecedented for him to succeed given where his accuracy numbers lie.

Again, this is a myth conjured up by the current college spread. Plenty of NFL QBs have had low college completion percentages and went on to be successful long term NFL starters.

Over the last 20 years:  Jake Plummer, Charlie Batch, Brian Griese, Matt Hasselbeck, Donovan McNabb, Michael Vick, Carson Palmer, Jay Cutler, Matt Ryan,  Matthew Stafford, and Tyrod Taylor all had career completion percentages under 60%.  Then there are guys like Eli Manning, Drew Brees, and Andy Dalton that were between 60-61%.  Interestingly as well, when Russell Wilson was on those awful N.C. State teams his completion percentage was 57%.

This isn’t even getting into the fact that there were plenty of QBs that are or were successful over the past 20 years whose college completion percentages were jacked up because of the spread.  Cam Newton and Blake Bortles come to mind just off of the top of my head and there are definitely more.  

18 hours ago, paul-mac said:

Josh Allen is going to be a major bust, everyone can see it. No one THAT inaccurate has ever succeeded in the NFL.

FWIW, Allen has been working with Jordan Palmer on his footwork and at his pro day his accuracy was greatly improved. He blew everyone away last Friday in Larimie. 

58 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

FWIW, Allen has been working with Jordan Palmer on his footwork and at his pro day his accuracy was greatly improved. He blew everyone away last Friday in Larimie. 

He also torched the Senior Bowl with better talent around him.

Who knows if Allen ends up working out.  I’d take that chance though.  He’s never going to be Peyton Manning accurate, but if he can keep his career completion mark right around 60% (which is entirely possible, IMO) he’ll be just fine.  His arm talent/big play ability will make up for a below average completion percent.

1 minute ago, bMiller031 said:

-the final words of a swath of ex-GMs. 

Many of the greatest QBs of all time made their careers off of the above scenario.  Denver VP of football Operations happens to be one of them.

11 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Many of the greatest QBs of all time made their careers off of the above scenario.  Denver VP of football Operations happens to be one of them.

Lol. Conflating Allen with Elway is sure to age well. 

Archived