turtle28

Redskins offered to trade for Sheldon Richardson

6 posts in this topic

turtle28    17

Redskins offered to trade for Sheldon Richardson

https://riggosrag.com/2017/08/03/redskins-sheldon-richardson-trade/

Recently, reports have surfaced that the Redskins were indeed attempting to acquire more talent for their defensive line. According to Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News, Sheldon Richardson was targeted by the Redskins in a trade. The rumor was confirmed by Richardson himself, who, per Mehta, said the following:

“It’s a business, bro,” Richardson told the Daily News during a lengthy and open discussion about his future. “There was one team that asked me to take a pay cut … and it was Seattle. And Washington too. There were a lot of offers. A lot of good offers. You’d be surprised.”

Woz    37

I wonder what we were offering. If we were trying to get Richardson's price down, that means that whatever we offered was fine by the Jets.

Assuming it wasn't our 1st round pick, I would have totally been on board with this. Heck, if the Jets are letting two teams sniff around for him, let's go sign him next year.

turtle28    17
4 hours ago, Woz said:

I wonder what we were offering. If we were trying to get Richardson's price down, that means that whatever we offered was fine by the Jets.

Assuming it wasn't our 1st round pick, I would have totally been on board with this. Heck, if the Jets are letting two teams sniff around for him, let's go sign him next year.

I wondered what we offered also. I assume it was probably our 3rd, but who knows.  I'd love to sign him next year to play opposite Allen. Adding him to go with Allen would make our interior pass rush great. 

Woz    37

Third or fourth if we're trying to negotiate down his salary ... still, I don't get what the Jets' organization is thinking here. Why would you sell cheap?

Jlash    27
18 minutes ago, Woz said:

Third or fourth if we're trying to negotiate down his salary ... still, I don't get what the Jets' organization is thinking here. Why would you sell cheap?

Because he's gone after this season anyway. Maybe rather than waiting a couple years to recoup a potential compensatory pick they would take the sure thing now.

turtle28    17
2 hours ago, Woz said:

I really don't understand it either because they've been trading and cutting players all season long. On top of that they already have Leonard Williams and Wilkerson at DE so Richardson is often played at ROLB on 1st downs and rotated with them at DE for most of the game.

He likely won't re-sign with them so it just makes sense that they would make a deal now to move him.