Drew Stanton sign 2 year deal with the Browns

49erurtaza

1 hour ago, Darth Pees said:

I will never understand how players like Stanton and other career backups continue to get contracts with teams.

I bet Stanton knows exactly why he was signed for and it is not to compete with TT for the starting job. His role will primarly be as a veteran who will help the rookie to understand things in film room and training field. You can't ask to Taylor to be the QB and lead the offense and at the same time being a tutor for his future replacement. Let Taylor focus on the playbook and Stanton play that role for Darnold/Allen. My opinion..

5 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

A) Nobody cares about your opinion

B) What purpose do you have on this forum besides being a crusty little troll?

C) What are you going to do with yourself when you can't troll us anymore? 

D) Not sure if you are capable of giving an informed, unbiased take

E) Be prepared 

Learn to distinguish between a joke and a troll post, I hope the browns do well this year because I actually like Hue Jackson as a coach and think he was the right hire.

23 hours ago, zappa13004 said:

I bet Stanton knows exactly why he was signed for and it is not to compete with TT for the starting job. His role will primarly be as a veteran who will help the rookie to understand things in film room and training field. You can't ask to Taylor to be the QB and lead the offense and at the same time being a tutor for his future replacement. Let Taylor focus on the playbook and Stanton play that role for Darnold/Allen. My opinion..

This.

He’s here to help Tyrod prepare for game day and help mentor the rookie.

No reason he can’t do those things.

On 3/26/2018 at 12:14 PM, Darth Pees said:

I will never understand how players like Stanton and other career backups continue to get contracts with teams.

They've all mastered the ability to "Not Rock the Boat". It's actually a skill some just don't have.

Archived