Mitchell Trubisky buzz growing

WindyCity

42 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I was a Watson guy too with Mitch my 1a. I’ve just been so impressed with Mitch since day 1 though. He’s done EVERYTHING right. Came in and didn’t ***** about being behind Glennon on the depth chart. Didn’t ***** about getting booed at the Bulls game (which was total BS btw). Worked his *** off from day 1. Clearly endeared himself to his teammates and leads by example, and EARNED their respect as a rookie QB which is no easy task. The guys on the team seem to legit like him to a man. Don’t know that I’ve heard a single player say anything bad about him at any point. He’s humble, hard working and poised on the field. We’ve been looking for a QB with the “it” factor forever and he so obviously has the “it” factor to go along with an abundance of obvious talent and now a HC who should be able to get every ounce of ability out of him. My expectations for this season are already irrationally high. I think this team has SO much potential heading into this year even in a loaded NFC. 

I loved when they entire team would stop and watch him when he came onto the field early on. Of course when the real season came on they had other things to do but it was awesome seeing how the team gravitated toward him so quickly. That was right there with him cussing at the OL for breaking the huddle without him. He is an alpha personality, but doesn't seem to have the abrasive god-complex some alphas do.

I have a friend who works in the organization and he said that MT is truly the hardest worker on the team. He said when he was drafted, he made a commitment to the team, FO, himself and his family that he would work 12 hours every day during the season with the exception of gameday and their mandatory day off (every Tuesday). MT made a public appearance for an autograph signing back in December and he did the signing on a Tuesday to not take anytime away from his growth as a player, and from my knowledge, he was cool as hell with the fans that showed up. In the offseason, they say he is working his *** off too. A few guys who cover the team have said that he has "totally committed himself to football, just like he did as soon as he was drafted." Sounds like they have a keeper, and if it doesn't work out, it won't be for a lack of effort.

Archived