OBJ will not step foot on the field without new deal

mattbags2313

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2766621-odell-beckham-jr-wont-play-without-new-contract-ian-rapoport-understands

This isnt good. The Mara's being as stubborn as they are, I think it is inevitable we all get a push notification sometime soon with terrible news that we shipped off the best offensive player in the history of the franchise

4 minutes ago, Acgott said:

Of course he wouldn’t. Not sure why it be surprising.

agreed, and i believe he deserves it. The question is do we pay him? I think all his off the field crap is completely overblown by the media and his play on the field is wayyyyy to valuable and arguably irreplaceable. Top 3 WRs arguably top 2 dont just fall off trees

Just now, mattbags2313 said:

agreed, and i believe he deserves it. The question is do we pay him? I think all his off the field crap is completely overblown by the media and his play on the field is wayyyyy to valuable and arguably irreplaceable. Top 3 WRs arguably top 2 dont just fall off trees

He keeps putting himself in poor situations. Its not the media’s fault. He’s a wide receiver, not an important position. I don’t want to trade him at all, but when these things keeping happening, the Giants can’t give him $20M/year 

2 hours ago, Acgott said:

He keeps putting himself in poor situations. Its not the media’s fault. He’s a wide receiver, not an important position. I don’t want to trade him at all, but when these things keeping happening, the Giants can’t give him $20M/year 

I absolutely blame the media. Because they nitpick every little thing he does. Tell me you’d want to live under that microscope where every little thing you do. The video recently I somewhat understand the criticism and the Norman thing which in my opinion is where I think he was justly criticised. Everything else I blame the media entirely. If we trade them then seriously F this organisation. 

29 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

I absolutely blame the media. Because they nitpick every little thing he does. Tell me you’d want to live under that microscope where every little thing you do. The video recently I somewhat understand the criticism and the Norman thing which in my opinion is where I think he was justly criticised. Everything else I blame the media entirely. If we trade them then seriously F this organisation. 

couldnt agree more. 

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

Lmao 4 for a broken ankle smoking WR

we both know that would never happen 

Jarvin Landry just went for a 4th

33 I think is fair

how could yous seriously come on this thread and compare landry to OBJ. The only thing in common about them is they both went to LSU. Saying they both have the same value is actually clinically insane

2 minutes ago, mattbags2313 said:

how could yous seriously come on this thread and compare landry to OBJ. The only thing in common about them is they both went to LSU. Saying they both have the same value is actually clinically insane

To be fair he's clearly using Landry as a reference point to say if he's worth a 4th then it's fair to grade OBJ as a high 2nd + Coleman.

@brownie man I actually agree with you in regards to market trade value. But it's one of those instances where OBJ is more valuable to his team than his market value. The Giants would prob have to get at least a 1st rounder in return to make that trade. UNLESS, they are just completely fed up with him and are desperate to move him. Then I could see them accepting the offer you proposed or even LESS. I don't see that being the case, though.

4 minutes ago, mattbags2313 said:

I'm actually not opposed to it. This is coming from someone who is a huge OBJ fan and supporter. I want him to be a lifelong Giant. But it seems like constantly making headlines for boneheaded behavior is just something that will always be part of the deal with him - combine that with the outrageous price tag he's going to demand and I can see it being a sound business decision to move him. As great of a player as he is, it's hard to justify paying a WR 16-18m/year, especially with the constant shenanigans.

3 minutes ago, w4rrior723 said:

I'm actually not opposed to it. This is coming from someone who is a huge OBJ fan and supporter. I want him to be a lifelong Giant. But it seems like constantly making headlines for boneheaded behavior is just something that will always be part of the deal with him - combine that with the outrageous price tag he's going to demand and I can see it being a sound business decision to move him. As great of a player as he is, it's hard to justify paying a WR 16-18m/year, especially with the constant shenanigans.

Other than the video and the Norman thing, tell me of these shenanigans? Also tell me how these shenanigans are hurting the teams ability to win?

Archived