Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
mattbags2313

OBJ will not step foot on the field without new deal

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, mattbags2313 said:

no way. Moving up 1 pick does not even come close to Odell's value. The only way Id even consider this is if we keep out 2nd pick. That trade is highway robbery. its basically 2nd round picks for OBJ. Absolutely not. It seems the Browns are going to take Darnold, and the Giants dont seem to be interested in taking any QB at all. im not willing to move up for a guy we could still get at 2.

It would cost at the very least a 2nd rounder to move from 2 to 1. So that essentially is 3 second rounders for Odell. 

We have no idea what the Giants want to pick... Or even the Browns for that matter. What we do know is Darnold is the clear cut #1 QB in this draft and the Browns would be idiots to pass him up. If the Giants have an opportunity to leap them and take their franchise guy for the next 15 years they do it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, w4rrior723 said:

It would cost at the very least a 2nd rounder to move from 2 to 1. So that essentially is 3 second rounders for Odell. 

We have no idea what the Giants want to pick... Or even the Browns for that matter. What we do know is Darnold is the clear cut #1 QB in this draft and the Browns would be idiots to pass him up. If the Giants have an opportunity to leap them and take their franchise guy for the next 15 years they do it. 

And Barkley is the clear cut best player overall and best back to come out since AP. I don’t think moving up one spot is worth OBJ for a player that could still very well be there at 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we can get an early/mid 1st this year and a 1st next year or 2nd this year for him, get rid of him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GmenSeattle said:

If we can get an early/mid 1st this year and a 1st next year or 2nd this year for him, get rid of him.

Because we have done so well drafting and retaining our picks. I don’t understand this thought process. He is more than we could of ever hoped when we drafted him. We finally hit on a pick. Build a freakin offense around him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow people.  I said there's no reason to pay him as in, he's under contract.  No reason to change his pay just because he wants us to.  Why do people want to cave to him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mattbags2313 said:

Because we have done so well drafting and retaining our picks. I don’t understand this thought process. He is more than we could of ever hoped when we drafted him. We finally hit on a pick. Build a freakin offense around him

You don't build an offense around a WR.  There's a new GM and coaching staff.  You can't make statements about prior drafts.  C'mon now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mattbags2313 said:

And Barkley is the clear cut best player overall and best back to come out since AP. I don’t think moving up one spot is worth OBJ for a player that could still very well be there at 2

Ok, fine then how about this trade? :P

NYG receives:
CLE 1st round pick (#4 overall)
CLE 2nd round pick (#33 overall)
CLE 2nd round pick (2018)

CLE receives:
Odell Beckham Jr.
NYG 3rd round pick (#66)

Then we can grab Barkley and a QB :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just FWIW, if OBJ stayed on the pace he was on (even including the injury shortened season). And he played another 13 (17 in total) seasons (which with injuries it would be highly unlikely cause he'd be 38), he would not only be the NFL's 2nd (only 700 yards behind Rice in three and three-fourths less seasons) leading receiver in yardage, he would be the all time leader in receptions, and touchdowns as well. Even if he only played 13 seasons total (which is more likely) he would be firmly in second in yardage, third in receptions, and tied with Moss for 2nd TD's. 

 

This is not including spikes in production that most players have around years 5-8 in the league (just on an average). I'm no analytics guru, but we are literally talking about trading, "potentially" one of the GOATs. How are we even entertaining this discussion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NYG receives:

CLE 1st round pick (#4 overall)
CLE 2nd round pick (#33 overall)
Coleman 

CLE receives:

OBJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, YogiBiz said:

Just FWIW, if OBJ stayed on the pace he was on (even including the injury shortened season). And he played another 13 (17 in total) seasons (which with injuries it would be highly unlikely cause he'd be 38), he would not only be the NFL's 2nd (only 700 yards behind Rice in three and three-fourths less seasons) leading receiver in yardage, he would be the all time leader in receptions, and touchdowns as well. Even if he only played 13 seasons total (which is more likely) he would be firmly in second in yardage, third in receptions, and tied with Moss for 2nd TD's. 

 

This is not including spikes in production that most players have around years 5-8 in the league (just on an average). I'm no analytics guru, but we are literally talking about trading, "potentially" one of the GOATs. How are we even entertaining this discussion. 

I like that you mentioned Moss.  He...was traded. Multiple times.  As was Harvin.  Just off the top of my head.

If we're rebuilding folks, we need to...you know...rebuild.  Not pay a diva WR $20 mil/year because he demands it.  If we can get a good deal for him he should be gone.  Period.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah as really the guy a great WR but stinks as a person and a locker room cancer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, GmenSeattle said:

NYG receives:

CLE 1st round pick (#4 overall)
CLE 2nd round pick (#33 overall)
Coleman 

CLE receives:

OBJ

That's good value, too. I'd rather another pick instead of Coleman, personally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mattbags2313 said:

couldnt agree more. 

I call BS on this. There 53 men on 32 teams. How are you going to play the persecution card when the rest are in the same fish bowl? The rest know they are being watched.

A lot of them know not to do that.

There is no doubt in my mind that there are a large number of them doing blow and sleeping around, but very few of them (I am looking at you Aldon Smith) are dumb enough to let themselves get caught getting recorded doing that crap.

I have a friend here who is an Instagram Model. Whenever pro athletes come through Toronto some of them hit her up to party in VIP rooms and Hotels. You know what the first thing they tell all of these girls to do? Give your phone to my security team. 

I dont care what he does in his private time. What I care about is that this shows a lack of maturity and lack of judgement in this guy. I genuinely expect another Josh Norman type BS incident from him again. I just dont think we need to excuse his crap. We need to own it and plan for it. Be realistic. Dont pull some "fake news" argument.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, GmenSeattle said:

I like that you mentioned Moss.  He...was traded. Multiple times.  As was Harvin.  Just off the top of my head.

If we're rebuilding folks, we need to...you know...rebuild.  Not pay a diva WR $20 mil/year because he demands it.  If we can get a good deal for him he should be gone.  Period.

Yes because making Solder the highest paid Tackle in the NFL, and signing Kareem Martin to around 7M Guaranteed screams of rebuilding. Getty thinks we are close to that 11-5 team a few years ago, and is making adjustments as he thinks we can get back. 

 

Yes I mentioned Moss as a trap. And you fell for it. OBJ is no where near the distraction that Moss was. Moss is the RARE case that you trade a HOF'er multiple times. OBJ is not even in the vicinity in terms of the circus that Moss had circulating him in MINNESOTA, yeah you guessed the Media Capital of the world, Minnesota </Sarcasm>. You don't pay him 20 Mil cause he demands. It you negotiate to a number around 18 Mill because he earned at least that much. 

 

Pat is furious right now, he thought he be getting to make an offense around OBJ, but Mara wants to get into a pissing contest. 

 

3 minutes ago, bagh said:

I call BS on this. There 53 men on 32 teams. How are you going to play the persecution card when the rest are in the same fish bowl? The rest know they are being watched.

A lot of them know not to do that.

There is no doubt in my mind that there are a large number of them doing blow and sleeping around, but very few of them (I am looking at you Aldon Smith) are dumb enough to let themselves get caught getting recorded doing that crap.

I have a friend here who is an Instagram Model. Whenever pro athletes come through Toronto some of them hit her up to party in VIP rooms and Hotels. You know what the first thing they tell all of these girls to do? Give your phone to my security team. 

I dont care what he does in his private time. What I care about is that this shows a lack of maturity and lack of judgement in this guy. I genuinely expect another Josh Norman type BS incident from him again. I just dont think we need to excuse his crap. We need to own it and plan for it. Be realistic. Dont pull some "fake news" argument.

I agree to some extent with you @bagh. I don't think OBJ has so media vendetta against him. I do believe he goes out a ton more than we have ever seen, and he does keep mostly a tight lip on his private life. I just hope it dawns on him one day soon, that an entire city's fanbase (half of hours is still fairly huge) puts their dreams in him. And what about his goals? Does he not want to win awards, and be lauded as the GOAT? I hope he does mature, but sadly I agree with you. I don't see him maturing, and another Josh Norman incident is likely at some point. I would've thought it would happen this year before he got injured.

Edited by YogiBiz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All the trusted beats are saying theres been no talk about a trade. Just owners talk for leverage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×