OBJ will not step foot on the field without new deal

mattbags2313

5 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

First things first, the dog peeing incident is very very minor. Do I like it? No because it cost us 15 yards. But it did not warrant a weeks long conversation. The kicking net, You’ve gotta be kidding me? That was one of the dumbest conversations ever. Who cares? That’s classic, “we’re only talking about it because it’s Odell”. The boat trip again, nothing. The only one you listed was the dog peeing thing, but he’s not first person to get a penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct. He’s immature, yes fair point. Does not mean we get to nitpick every little thing he does. The media is the problem because they feel entitled to nitpick his behaviour. Blame the media. He should not have to alter behaviour at the behest of the media. He should be able to go Miami without facing backlash, he should be able to throw tantrums on the sideline. He should be able to punch a wall because he played badly and we lost etc. what brings negative attention is when we lose. And if his actions aren’t helping or hurting the team then Why does his actions matter? Trading him would be dumbest move in franchise history, by far. He’s not a distraction because there is no such thing as one in football. It’s a buzzword people throw out with no factual information to back it. It’s only negative attention if you let it be negative attention. The aim is to win football games and you cannot tell me that losing Odell helps us win games. 

and just to go off this, OBJ is always backed by his teammates. They all love him and go to bat for him. So his "immaturity" clearly has no effect on the locker room. The media just blows it up. Good ol fashion click bait. He comes to game every single week and thats all that matters. 

9 minutes ago, mattbags2313 said:

he is living his life. Who cares? Players have done so much worse than him. its blown out of proportion to the absolute max. The giants are just a stubborn and stupid organization who haven't made the right decision regarding anything every since TC "left" They thought the eli backlash was bad when he was benched? Cant stand this moronic front office. Every freaking 1st round pick since like Eli doesnt make it past their rookie deal and im sick of it. Those are supposed to be the building blocks of a franchise. Ours disappear 

But Odell is the issue, he’s the reason we’re not winning games. One of the few things I like about the Patriots is that they don’t allow the media to have control. They don’t care about the little things nothing related to the field. They keep it strictly football with the media and don’t bow to public pressure. We should do the same. 

Just now, Kip Smithers said:

But Odell is the issue, he’s the reason we’re not winning games. One of the few things I like about the Patriots is that they don’t allow the media to have control. They don’t care about the little things nothing related to the field. They keep it strictly football with the media and don’t bow to public pressure. We should do the same. 

what do you mean Odell is the issue? cant tell if thats sarcasm.

8 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

First things first, the dog peeing incident is very very minor. Do I like it? No because it cost us 15 yards. But it did not warrant a weeks long conversation. The kicking net, You’ve gotta be kidding me? That was one of the dumbest conversations ever. Who cares? That’s classic, “we’re only talking about it because it’s Odell”. The boat trip again, nothing. The only one you listed was the dog peeing thing, but he’s not first person to get a penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct. He’s immature, yes fair point. Does not mean we get to nitpick every little thing he does. The media is the problem because they feel entitled to nitpick his behaviour. Blame the media. He should not have to alter behaviour at the behest of the media. He should be able to go Miami without facing backlash, he should be able to throw tantrums on the sideline. He should be able to punch a wall because he played badly and we lost etc. what brings negative attention is when we lose. And if his actions aren’t helping or hurting the team then Why does his actions matter? Trading him would be dumbest move in franchise history, by far. He’s not a distraction because there is no such thing as one in football. It’s a buzzword people throw out with no factual information to back it. It’s only negative attention if you let it be negative attention. The aim is to win football games and you cannot tell me that losing Odell helps us win games. 

You love OBJ, I get it. I do too. But you're coming at this from an emotional perpestive. The biggest question here is; is paying a WR 18m/year a good move? His immature behavior is the secondary concern.

Just now, mattbags2313 said:

and just to go off this, OBJ is always backed by his teammates. They all love him and go to bat for him. So his "immaturity" clearly has no effect on the locker room. The media just blows it up. Good ol fashion click bait. He comes to game every single week and thats all that matters. 

Yep. They love to point to distractions, which in reality do not exist. They just don’t. Don’t get me wrong I love Odell but he ain’t perfect. He’s done things I like. Dog peeing didn’t like because it cost us 15 yards. The Norman thing is something that should be the biggest and only black mark against him because he was selfish and mentally disengaged. And it HURT the team.

1 minute ago, w4rrior723 said:

You love OBJ, I get it. I do too. But you're coming at this from an emotional perpestive. The biggest question here is; is paying a WR 18m/year a good move? His immature behavior is the secondary concern.

usually id say no, but guys like Julio, Brown, and OBJ are exceptions. They change the dynamic of a team drastically. Stop paying our 37 year old rapidly declining QB and pay the 25 year old future hall of famer. How about we cut Brandon Marshall and his BS salary. There are moves to be made to get him locked up

1 minute ago, Kip Smithers said:

Yep. They love to point to distractions, which in reality do not exist. They just don’t. Don’t get me wrong I love Odell but he ain’t perfect. He’s done things I like. Dog peeing didn’t like because it cost us 15 yards. The Norman thing is something that should be the biggest and only black mark against him because he was selfish and mentally disengaged. And it HURT the team.

one of the funniest media blunders pertaining to OBJ was when he got hurt last pre-season against the browns and he was HAMMERED for crying and falling over in the tunnel. Give me a freaking break

3 minutes ago, w4rrior723 said:

Is paying an elite, game changing receiver 18 mil a year the right move? Heck yes. It’s not emotional, it’s rational and I’m tired of the media constantky nitpicking and exaggerating everything he does.

3 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Is paying an elite, game changing receiver 18 mil a year the right move? Heck yes. It’s not emotional, it’s rational and I’m tired of the media constantky nitpicking and exaggerating everything he does.

and again to go off this. You draft someone that high in the first round, what the hell do you expect to pay them? Isnt this the outcome you were praying for when he was drafted? He was drafted with expectations as is every player and he drastically exceeded them. So pay him. If that is the thought process just stop the draft all together and call it quits because as i said im sick of drafting players just to watch them play out their contract and leave

But we have no problem making 30 year old Nate Solder the top paid tackle in football. A guy who has never even seen a pro bowl.  

25 minutes ago, w4rrior723 said:

After doing some thinking, I would do this trade:

NYG receives:

1st round pick (#1 overall)

2nd round pick (#33 overall)

2nd round pick (for 2018)

CLE receives:

Odell Beckham Jr.

1st round pick (#2 overall)

I wouldn't 

There's no reason to pay him.  He signed his contract.  He can deal with it.  If he doesn't play, we fine him.  If he doesn't play all year?  That's fine.  Fine him.  If someone wants to give up a boatload of picks (cost/quantity) then trade him.  

47 minutes ago, mattbags2313 said:

and again to go off this. You draft someone that high in the first round, what the hell do you expect to pay them? Isnt this the outcome you were praying for when he was drafted? He was drafted with expectations as is every player and he drastically exceeded them. So pay him. If that is the thought process just stop the draft all together and call it quits because as i said im sick of drafting players just to watch them play out their contract and leave

But we have no problem making 30 year old Nate Solder the top paid tackle in football. A guy who has never even seen a pro bowl.  

I hope this is less a shot at Solder the player, and more a shot at our team's brass. 

7 minutes ago, GmenSeattle said:

There's no reason to pay him.  He signed his contract.  He can deal with it.  If he doesn't play, we fine him.  If he doesn't play all year?  That's fine.  Fine him.  If someone wants to give up a boatload of picks (cost/quantity) then trade him.  

When players out play their contract, They get rewarded. When players underplay their contract they get cut. OBJ has by far outplayed his current deal and he is going to get a new contract. Not re-signing OBJ would be a mistake.

7 minutes ago, GmenSeattle said:

The list of receivers who have caught at least 90 passes, at least 1300 Receiving yards, and at least 10 TD's in their first three consecutive seasons is one name long. That should be reason enough to pay OBJ. If it isn't, it's sure a good enough reason to get a top 5 pick for him. 

21 minutes ago, GmenSeattle said:

No reason to pay him....I want what you smoking 

Archived