OBJ holding out for new contract

RaidersAreOne

Just now, PFM18 said:

I agree a lot of teams would and could use him, but yeah there's too many factors involved.

I'll say this - Chicago should put in a call. They signed Allen Robinson, but popping up Odell next to him would arm Mitch Trubisky with probably the best 1/2 combo in the league.

3 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I'll say this - Chicago should put in a call. They signed Allen Robinson, but popping up Odell next to him would arm Mitch Trubisky with probably the best 1/2 combo in the league.

That would be a very interesting landing spot for him.

5 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Eh - there is video of him that would indicate he might have some issues the league would take issue with. In addition, he's had some public flare-ups on the sidelines and on the field, things that could be construed as potential risk for a team. 

I'm with you in saying much of it is overblown, but it's not as cut and dry as saying it's due to him being a high profile guy. 

The kicking the net thing was overblown. Outside of the headshot years ago to Josh Norman there really hasn't been any issues. If that's a potential risk to a team then we need to shut down the entire NFL

5 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

How about Cleveland?  They have the cash.  You give Darnold Saquon, OBJ, and Landry and he will be a happy QB.  Plus, you know that OBJ and Landry work well together.

Just now, Ragnarok said:

How about Cleveland?  They have the cash.  You give Darnold Saquon, OBJ, and Landry and he will be a happy QB.  Plus, you know that OBJ and Landry work well together.

I think they're OK at WR (Gordon, Coleman and Landry have all been #1 WRs at some point in their careers) and Njoku has the makings of an elite receiving threat - but I wouldn't say no to this, not at all. You just have to figure which one of these names is left out of the target hierarchy (I'd say Coleman, but that's just me). 

4 minutes ago, Malik said:

The kicking the net thing was overblown. Outside of the headshot years ago to Josh Norman there really hasn't been any issues. If that's a potential risk to a team then we need to shut down the entire NFL

Which is why I'd say it's overblown, but still worthy of note. He has a tendency to get too hot headed at times - not a significant issue, but enough to keep an eye out for.

9 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

6 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I think they're OK at WR (Gordon, Coleman and Landry have all been #1 WRs at some point in their careers) and Njoku has the makings of an elite receiving threat - but I wouldn't say no to this, not at all. You just have to figure which one of these names is left out of the target hierarchy (I'd say Coleman, but that's just me). 

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Barkley, Colemen/Gordon, OBJ, Landry, Njoku is a great group for Darnold.  Plus, he'd have a very talented OL.

Then you just have to build up a defense.

In a CLE scenario, NYG probably targets getting Coleman back, and a high draft pick.   

Of course, it makes far too much sense to have any chance of happening.  :D

By the time you take into account the contract demands, some of the on-field antics, and potential off-field issues I think I'd be hard pressed to invest a ton of draft capital in him. I'd love to have him on the Redskins, but I'm not sure what price I'd be willing to pay (not that he'd ever get traded to DC anyway).

2 minutes ago, G said:

His contract demands and off field issues make him untradeable IMO

It's always depends on the asking price.  If you are past your prime and expensive and a headache, no thanks.  But OBJ is in his prime.  No one that good is untradeable. 

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

It's always depends on the asking price.  If you are past your prime and expensive and a headache, no thanks.  But OBJ is in his prime.  No one that good is untradeable. 

It's the trade plus the contract that makes it so difficult. Like if the Giants want a 1st + more more picks in addition to having to give him a huge contract that's going to be a no. If you can get him for like a 3rd or even a 2nd then that's an easy decision to be made.

Odell is the entire offense. If you trade him you may as well cut Eli too because the offense would need to start over. 

At the end of the day, this is just a holdout. Same as Leveon Bell does every year. He might miss the entire preseason (good), but he will play week 1 because he doesn't really have any leverage. What happens after that is pretty up in the air though. 

Archived