What would you give up for OBJ?

zelbell

4 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I heard that too with the Darnold/Allen positioning thing, and please god dont let that be true. Get Allen as far away from this team as humanly possible.

Well, Haslam went to Allen's pro day and Haslam forced his GM to draft Manziel, so I would not put anything past him this time around. He is a complete idiot and he owns our team, ugh!!!

3 hours ago, FEARtheELF said:

I would start at

33, Coleman, Pats 2019 3rd

Yes this. And also make it conditional....No more than a 2nd. Love the rumors, and I would love to have him, but dude needs to shut up and play. Yeah likes that's going to happen, that's why I make this conditional.

9 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I thought that this was his last season with us before he becomes a RFA

Best I can tell this is the case. But we could put a first round tender on him next year, franchise him for a year, or just transition tag him and let the market determine his price. Unless he's giving us a SERIOUS discount, I say let's make sure he stays clean for a year here.

1 minute ago, zelbell said:

He's not a free agent for two more seasons.

make him prove he can stay on the field and plays well and then sign him

Of course that is probably what is going to happen. I am more just wishful thinking that we could sign him at a reasonable right now instead of losing him when he's going to make 15 million per year. If we extended him now, I could see you the extension being 10 mil per year for 3 years or something like that. There would be a clear out for if he gets suspended again, including the possibility of taking back bonus money paid etc.

Picks 35 and 64 make sense.  It's the value of the "1st rounder plus".

I would personally deal pick 1 for pick 2 and OBJ, but that's cause I have no idea which QB I want and no idea which QBs each team wants.  Would be sweet to get OBJ for "free" if we still got our top QB at #2.  

Coleman and a 2nd works for me also if the Giants demand a playable WR in return, though Coleman as a #4 would be nice.  

Yes, I would absolutely love to have that bonehead here, and sign him and Landry long term

I wouldn’t give up anything to get this head case cancer! There is no way he is worth the trouble. Have we not learned our lesson with Gordon being out for nearly three years for substance abuse. Throw in massive locker room cancer and bad attitude and you have this diva. Don’t even think he’d make our team much better.  

2 minutes ago, Fofsadness said:

I wouldn’t give up anything to get this head case cancer! There is no way he is worth the trouble. Have we not learned our lesson with Gordon being out for nearly three years for substance abuse. Throw in massive locker room cancer and bad attitude and you have this diva. Don’t even think he’d make our team much better.  

Good lord.  He has never been suspended, and yes, he would make our team better.

Why don't people want to win?  Seems a lot of Browns fans would rather lose with choir boys than win with Divas

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I thought that this was his last season with us before he becomes a RFA

He's an ERFA this year then we can tender him as an RFA with a 1st round tender at like $3M then he'd be an UFA but we can always franchise/transition tag him after that

Honestly not that much because I think there's a kind of ceiling that a team approaches at how much WRs help the team.  They are only as good as how many balls are going to get thrown their way.  OBJ would get a large share of targets obviously but that would come at the expense of Gordon and Landry, it's not like all those guys are going to be able to post 70+ receptions, 1,000 yards; especially with Tyrod Taylor distributing the ball.  After this season we're probably going to have a lot of trouble keeping those 3 guys together, and then even if you want to do that, dumping a giant portion of your salary at WR seems pretty illogical long term.

A 2nd and a 3rd, probably not better than what other teams would offer.

Archived