What would you give up for OBJ?

zelbell

1 hour ago, duke2056 said:

Good lord.  He has never been suspended, and yes, he would make our team better.

Why don't people want to win?  Seems a lot of Browns fans would rather lose with choir boys than win with Divas

Honestly I think it would be like when Randy Moss played for the Raiders that one year.  He’d put up pedestrian numbers on a team he doesn’t want to play for then we’d have to see him sign somewhere else where he puts up one of the best seasons in NFL history ala Moss with the Pats. He’s really not worth it, we have the makings of a really great WR Corp without him. No way I’m giving up #4, probably Barkley, to get a guy who has been injured for a year, clearly has drug issues, talks to kicking nets, gets into fights on the field, disrespects coaches and really hasn’t helped the Giants do anything special in the postseason but wants to get paid like a top QB. No way, I’ll go with drafting a WR at 33 or 35 or 64 over trading to get this guy. 

6 minutes ago, Fofsadness said:

Honestly I think it would be like when Randy Moss played for the Raiders that one year.  He’d put up pedestrian numbers on a team he doesn’t want to play for then we’d have to see him sign somewhere else where he puts up one of the best seasons in NFL history ala Moss with the Pats. He’s really not worth it, we have the makings of a really great WR Corp without him. No way I’m giving up #4, probably Barkley, to get a guy who has been injured for a year, clearly has drug issues, talks to kicking nets, gets into fights on the field, disrespects coaches and really hasn’t helped the Giants do anything special in the postseason but wants to get paid like a top QB. No way, I’ll go with drafting a WR at 33 or 35 or 64 over trading to get this guy. 

who said anything about giving up pick #4?  I dont care how many nets he talks to or wrestles with.  He is a stud.  He produces.  He would produce here. 

3 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

we are bafoons if we don't get the best QB in the draft. 

We are geniuses if we convince them we are taking a QB that we really arent.  Thing is, we'll never be able to know after the fact.  It's all lies

Also with OBJ's contract situation is value is relatively low. He wants a lot of cash, probably 100 million. He isn't going to play without it. We don't need OBJ either. We have Gordon and Landry, he would be an expensive cherry ob top. i would trade them CC and some seconds.  

1 minute ago, duke2056 said:

We are geniuses if we convince them we are taking a QB that we really arent.  Thing is, we'll never be able to know after the fact.  It's all lies

I don't think that the Giants are interested in a QB or the no overall pick. From what we know they are backing Eli. 

9 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

I don't think that the Giants are interested in a QB or the no overall pick. From what we know they are backing Eli. 

COmpletely disagree.  They don't turn down three 2nds to move back from 2 to 6 in THIS draft unless they are taking a QB at 2.  Not when 3 or 4 QBs are going top 5. 

The whole "the Jets never made us an offer" is garbage.  

11 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Also with OBJ's contract situation is value is relatively low. He wants a lot of cash, probably 100 million. He isn't going to play without it. We don't need OBJ either. We have Gordon and Landry, he would be an expensive cherry ob top. i would trade them CC and some seconds.  

I was thinking Coleman (Give us a tiny bit of cap space relief) and the #33 and #64. If they wanted more, I'd throw in a conditional pick 3rd rounder being the highest next season AND a conditional pick 4th being the highest in 2020. 

OBJ brings drama. This is true. He also bring circus catches and TDs. If Gmen are will to trade and (BIGGEST PART) we can come to an agreement with the contract, then make the trade. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

27 minutes ago, Mastercheddaar said:

I was thinking Coleman (Give us a tiny bit of cap space relief) and the #33 and #64. If they wanted more, I'd throw in a conditional pick 3rd rounder being the highest next season AND a conditional pick 4th being the highest in 2020. 

OBJ brings drama. This is true. He also bring circus catches and TDs. If Gmen are will to trade and (BIGGEST PART) we can come to an agreement with the contract, then make the trade. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

This is absolutely the most salient point.  The contract OBJ wants would end up paralyzing the team in a few years, perhaps when they are on the doorstep of contention.  Virtually every huge contract turns into an albatross a few years down the road.  It is why you see players like Suh, Sherman, etc. released every year - and those STILL come with a residual cap hit.  You sign a big-time missing piece to a big-time contract when there is a glaring hole on a contending team.  This is called going all-in.  Is anyone here arguing that this is situation the Brown's find themselves in?

10 minutes ago, Trots said:

This is absolutely the most salient point.  The contract OBJ wants would end up paralyzing the team in a few years, perhaps when they are on the doorstep of contention.  Virtually every huge contract turns into an albatross a few years down the road.  It is why you see players like Suh, Sherman, etc. released every year - and those STILL come with a residual cap hit.  You sign a big-time missing piece to a big-time contract when there is a glaring hole on a contending team.  This is called going all-in.  Is anyone here arguing that this is situation the Brown's find themselves in?

We still have what 60ish million in cap space. We will have a lot of resignings coming up. Get creative and make the contract front heavy?

That is all

mastercheddaar

1 hour ago, Mastercheddaar said:

That is all

Mastercheddaar

I don’t want to give up 4 or swap 1&2 to do it. 

They don’t have much leverage as he wants lots of money and isn’t under contract. 

Archived