What would you give up for OBJ?

zelbell

2 hours ago, mistakey said:

Your premise is that nyg is acting rational now

NYG is.

"Mara and co-owner Steve Tisch, general manager Dave Gettleman and coach Pat Shurmur wouldn’t guarantee Beckham will be on their roster this season, despite more than a few opportunities to do so."

Shurmur is not exactly at the point on this, as he is the lowest man on that totem pole.

So I've thought long and hard, envisioned what it would be like to have Odell Beckham JR  & Jarvis Landry back together. From an excitement standpoint, it'd be like we have an iconic duo, potentially legendary. We're talking Marvin Harrison & Reggie Wayne in their prime or even sky's the limit. Fan interest around the NFL would be piqued at the Cleveland Browns for once, which would be cool.

I also reflected on what some others in the thread are saying about just how good Beckham really is, and I gotta agree that he's easily worth a first, even with the contract. Now if he gets suspended for the video, that could change things, but I'll assume for now that he has plausible deniability. 

I'd give 35 & 64 for Beckham, then 6/$100 million with 50 guaranteed and an out after year three. Antonio got 4/68 so I could see it being around this, 16.7 per year with huge guarantees. Then he can say he's the first hundred million dollar receiver ever.

20 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

I with a new contract in place would give up 35 and 64.

Or if Darnold isn’t our QB I would try to swap picks 1 for 2 and OBJ 

I'm intrigued by the pick swap idea:

2. Baker Mayfield - learns behind Taylor with Stanton as a mentor.

OBJ, Gordon, Landry, Coco, Janis, possibly Ricardo or Hollywood. That's an elite group to take advantage of an accurate, quick timing quarterback. I could see everyone but Allen fitting this description well enough.

32 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

Trade down to #2 and give them the Texans 2nd rounder. 

Baker Mayfield

Odell Backham Junior

Bradley Chubb

Strong start

??

That's probably about realistic for value and could realistically happen. Man, that would be sweet. That's my ideal draft right there. Well, I'm split on trading down at 4 but understand staying or moving depending on the offer.

45 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

Trade down to #2 and give them the Texans 2nd rounder. 

Baker Mayfield

Odell Backham Junior

Bradley Chubb

Strong start

Unless Mayfield is your number one guy and you’re CERTAIN they won’t take him, this is stupid imo.

Getting your number one QB is priority 1, 2 and 3.

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Unless Mayfield is your number one guy and you’re CERTAIN they won’t take him, this is stupid imo.

Getting your number one QB is priority 1, 2 and 3.

I believe that would be the assumption we would be making. The only way it would make sense to trade down to number 2 from number 1 is if our number one guy is not the consensus number one guy. This would make a lot of sense if it was Baker Mayfield because he is so polarizing. I could see him as the number one quarterback on several teams' draft boards, though I'm guessing that Sam darnold will be the number one quarterback on the majority of draft boards. That said, it just matters who Dorsey likes and who seems to fit our offensive system best to be successful. If all things were equal with the quarterbacks, I would look at our quarterback room and believe they were setting things up for Baker Mayfield, having a mature quarterback in front of him who plays somewhat similarly and also someone brought in just to mentor him & make sure that he keeps his head on straight. The talent is all there.

1 minute ago, NudeTayne said:

I believe that would be the assumption we would be making. The only way it would make sense to trade down to number 2 from number 1 is if our number one guy is not the consensus number one guy. This would make a lot of sense if it was Baker Mayfield because he is so polarizing. I could see him as the number one quarterback on several teams' draft boards, though I'm guessing that Sam darnold will be the number one quarterback on the majority of draft boards. That said, it just matters who Dorsey likes and who seems to fit our offensive system best to be successful. If all things were equal with the quarterbacks, I would look at our quarterback room and believe they were setting things up for Baker Mayfield, having a mature quarterback in front of him who plays somewhat similarly and also someone brought in just to mentor him & make sure that he keeps his head on straight. The talent is all there.

It’s certainly possible.

Our number one QB and OBJ is a helluva start.

Archived