Valahalla Mock Draft: New York Giants On The Clock

SemperFeist

6 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

What are his maturity issues? That he's outspoken? I think that is totally overblown and shouldn't concern anyone.

Josh Allen might have more physical ability, but he is definitely not the most talented. He's not been able to harness and control that ability the way that Rosen has. I had this same argument with a friend not too long ago about Jay Cutler. He was arguing that he was so talented because of his arm strength. I liken arm strength to height in basketball. Some people have the physical trait of being tall. It does not make them a good basketball player. Troy Williamson had the physical trait of being really really fast. He was not a good football player. 

We have yet to see Josh Allen truly utilize his physical abilities the way Mayfield, Rosen, Darnold, and Jackson have.

His maturity issues go far beyond being outspoken.  In fact, I don't even care about him being outspoken.  I care about his work ethic, and a sense of him coming off as entitled, which may not wear well in a locker room.  Hey, I may be wrong, because I have paid as close attention to him, but I always worry when things like that surround a player even before he gets in the NFL.  

8 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

If the Giants were interested in trading back, why didn’t they make the trade with the Jets? 

Because they're taking a QB. That's all I can come up with. Or they just want to wait it out and see how much they can squeeze out of somebody once it gets closer.

14 minutes ago, disaacs said:

His maturity issues go far beyond being outspoken.  In fact, I don't even care about him being outspoken.  I care about his work ethic, and a sense of him coming off as entitled, which may not wear well in a locker room.  Hey, I may be wrong, because I have paid as close attention to him, but I always worry when things like that surround a player even before he gets in the NFL.  

I don't know where that comes from. I feel like there is a smear campaign out there against Rosen. He's a bit different, sure - But that doesn't mean he doesn't work hard or that he isn't giving maximum effort. The rumors about his teammates not liking him aren't credible. I don't think you can find one instance of a teammate on social media or elsewhere saying that they don't like him or that he isn't a good leader.

14 minutes ago, vikestyle said:

Because they're taking a QB. That's all I can come up with. Or they just want to wait it out and see how much they can squeeze out of somebody once it gets closer.

Or they just hate the Jets...

This is a huge pick in the draft that could really shift how much of the 1st round turns out

17 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

12, 22, 53

Even using the very basic draft value chart, your offer is 300 points short. With just this year’s picks. Not to mention the quality of player you’re likely to get at 6 compared to 12. 

If the Giants aren’t interested in a QB at 2, there are 3 blue chip prospects on the board (Nelson, Barkley, and Chubb) all of whom fill a very big need for the Giants. 

Trading back to 6 would have very likely put them in position to draft one of those three. Plus, they’d get two more 2nd round picks in the top 5 of the second round. 

9 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Even using the very basic draft value chart, your offer is 300 points short. With just this year’s picks. Not to mention the quality of player you’re likely to get at 6 compared to 12. 

Depends on the value of player and what they are looking for. Of course it’s probably short. I’d be guessing they would be getting more than just that. 

The value increased by the Jets moving on up because of the assumption of the Jets taking a QB. If someone wants their guy and thinks the Jets will move up and take it, the anty is upped. Going to have to give more than what the Jets gave up. 

11 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I went with Rosen because I think he perfectly fits with Shurmur. 

I’m not buying the rumors about Barkley or Chubb. The Jets don’t make their trade offer to the Colts without first making that offer to the Giants. Meaning that the Giants turned that mega deal down. 

For a team with a new GM, new head coach, the fewest number of draft picks, and the beginning of a rebuild, you don’t turn that deal down if you’re not planning on taking a QB. 

This except I took Mayfield who I still view as the best QB in the draft

Archived