Valahalla Mock Draft: New York Giants On The Clock

SemperFeist

I could easily see Dorsey taking Allen. In fact, I do think it’s between Darnold and Allen for the 1st pick. 

No QB that Cleveland drafts is going to play next year. Dorsey is going to make sure that his QB sits and learns for a year. With Jackson likely being a lame duck coach, I doubt Dorsey is going to let his QB  see much action without his coach doing the teaching. 

54 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I could easily see Dorsey taking Allen. In fact, I do think it’s between Darnold and Allen for the 1st pick. 

No QB that Cleveland drafts is going to play next year. Dorsey is going to make sure that his QB sits and learns for a year. With Jackson likely being a lame duck coach, I doubt Dorsey is going to let his QB  see much action without his coach doing the teaching. 

I picked Rosen.  I think he is currently the best passer in the draft even though Darnold has a lot of potential.  Rosen seemed to take a step back on the comments he made about playing for the Browns so I think they may have put him back into consideration.

I went with Baker Mayfield who I view as the best QB in this class or atleast 1A to Rosen's 1B.  After taking Mayfield ideally take Barkley 4th and spend both of their every early 2nd round picks to help fix the Defense.  I think a Mayfield/Barkley/Landry/Gordon/Colemen/Njoku offense is too good to pass up, teams would have a hard time matching up with that defensively atleast IMO

9 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Over the last 12 years (interesting cutoff) how many teams that have taken a QB in the 1st round have had the benefit to do so? How many were drafted with a lame duck coaching staff?

The Aaron Rodgers cut off?

I went with Rosen because I think he perfectly fits with Shurmur. 

I’m not buying the rumors about Barkley or Chubb. The Jets don’t make their trade offer to the Colts without first making that offer to the Giants. Meaning that the Giants turned that mega deal down. 

For a team with a new GM, new head coach, the fewest number of draft picks, and the beginning of a rebuild, you don’t turn that deal down if you’re not planning on taking a QB. 

Archived