Duck's Mock Draft 8.0

Da_Ducktator

Last Mock was before the big Jets trade, a move that was more than expected to happen. First update to the final updates coming to the Draft Central now that I am not traveling for the day job.

Projecting three trades for now:

• Broncos Receive:
  • #2, #130
  • Giants Receive:
  • #5, #40, #71, 2019 2nd
  • Summary: I strongly do not believe the Giants stay at two. Seems to be coming down to a race between the Broncos and Bills for Josh Allen. I lean towards the Broncos/Giants right now because it keeps NYG in position for Chubb.

• Bills Receive:
  • #7, #38
  • Buccaneers Receive:
  • #12, #22, #96
  • Summary: Bucs get to move down a bit while rising back into the late 1st and add two guys that fit needs while the Bills go after their Plan B for missing Allen.

• Dolphins Receive:
  • #29, #204
  • Jaguars Receive:
  • #42, #73, #203
  • Summary: Jags are staring at the addition of multiple solid pieces at 29, but not many of the "top players" on the board address glaring issues for them and they ultimately committed another two years to Bortles from the looks of it (at least) and would be better served dropping a picks and adding some capital while Miami moves up for a QB.

1. Cleveland Browns - QB Sam Darnold, USC
  2. Denver Broncos (from Giants) - QB Josh Allen, Wyoming
  3. New York Jets (from Colts) - QB Josh Rosen, UCLA
  4. Cleveland Browns (from Texans) - RB Saquon Barkley, Penn State
  5. New York Giants (from Broncos) - EDGE Bradley Chubb, North Carolina State
  6. Indianapolis Colts (from Jets) - OG Quenton Nelson, Notre Dame
  7. Buffalo Bills (from Buccaneers) - QB Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma
  8. Chicago Bears - LB Tremaine Edmunds, Virginia Tech
  9. San Francisco 49ers - EDGE Harold Landry, Boston College
  10. Oakland Raiders - SS/LB Derwin James, Florida State
  11. Miami Dolphins - OT Mike McGlinchey, Notre Dame
  12. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (from Bills from Bengals) - S/CB Minkah Fitzpatrick, Alabama
  13. Washington Redskins - CB Denzel Ward, Ohio State
  14. Green Bay Packers - LB Leighton Vander Esch, Boise State
  15. Arizona Cardinals - LB Roquan Smith, Georgia
  16. Baltimore Ravens - DT/DE Da'Ron Payne, Alabama
  17. Los Angeles Chargers - NT Vita Vea, Washington
  18. Seattle Seahawks - OG Will Hernandez, UTEP
  19. Dallas Cowboys - DT Taven Bryan, Florida
  20. Detroit Lions - EDGE Marcus Davenport, UTSA
  21. Cincinnati Bengals (from Bills) - OT Kolton Miller, UCLA
  22. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (from Bills from Chiefs) - RB Derrius Guice, LSU
  23. Los Angeles Rams - EDGE Josh Sweat, Florida State
  24. Carolina Panthers - WR Courtland Sutton, SMU
  25. Tennessee Titans - EDGE Sam Hubbard, Ohio State
  26. Atlanta Falcons - OG/OT Connor Williams, Texas
  27. New Orleans Saints - LB Lorenzo Carter, Georgia
  28. Pittsburgh Steelers - LB Rashaan Evans, Alabama
  29. Miami Dolphins (from Jaguars) - QB Lamar Jackson, Louisville
  30. Minnesota Vikings - OG Austin Corbett, Nevada
  31. New England Patriots - DT/DE B.J. Hill, North Carolina State 
  32. Philadelphia Eagles - CB Josh Jackson, Iowa

Atlanta Falcons - OG/OT Connor Williams, Texas

Not bad at all on the Falcons end we missed out on all the good DT's going a good bit earlier than us so we look at a position where we will have FA's coming up soon in OG/OT.

Both Andy Levitre 31 and Jake Matthews (big contract)   will be coming up to FA next year and if we let Levitre go Williams can slide in as a very good OG prospect and if we decide to let Matthews hit FA if he asks for way to much on a contract we can have Williams play OT although i would probably go with OG after Levitre leaves .   This gives him a year as elite depth and a year to learn the system which is the hardest thing to do for a lineman imo.    Was gonna ask if you are down on Isaiah Wynn as well i don't see him in your 1st round unless i missed him.  I think he might be a target for our OG spot as well and might actually be a better pure Og prospect than Connor but it's really close.

We can follow this up in round 2 and 3 with some good looking DT talent like Settle, Phillips, maurice Hurst etc...

Would also like to say im surprised about B.J. Hill sneaking into your 1st round at DT and i also myself wouldn't be mad if he was the Falcons 1st round pick i have him as a 1st round talent as well and we are known to reach a little for players who fit our scheme and needs.    Hill very well could be a Falcon come the real draft in the 1st round if all 3 guys of Vea, Payne, and Bryan are gone.

18 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

Would also like to say im surprised about B.J. Hill sneaking into your 1st round at DT and i also myself wouldn't be mad if he was the Falcons 1st round pick i have him as a 1st round talent as well and we are known to reach a little for players who fit our scheme and needs.    Hill very well could be a Falcon come the real draft in the 1st round if all 3 guys of Vea, Payne, and Bryan are gone.

I am not a 100% sold Hill will go 1st round, but I think the possibility of it has become very strong with the way he has dominated the post-season circuit. Belichick was at the NC State and up and close with that defensive line. He isn't getting Chubb, so there has to be another reason why he wanted to see that group (unless he was there just to appreciate Chubb's greatness).

2 minutes ago, Da_Ducktator said:

I am not a 100% sold Hill will go 1st round, but I think the possibility of it has become very strong with the way he has dominated the post-season circuit. Belichick was at the NC State and up and close with that defensive line. He isn't getting Chubb, so there has to be another reason why he wanted to see that group (unless he was there just to appreciate Chubb's greatness).

I think alot of teams do due diligence on players even if their not in their selection range or what they 100% need incase somehow they drop for some unknown reason.  The Falcons just went and checked out a early round QB knowing good and damn well we aren't taking a QB in rounds 1 and 2 it was almost a wasted trip XD.    but if he were to somehow by miracle fall to round 3 and 4 then you might take him as a BPA and great backup while saving cap space.

Also think sometimes HC's and teams do other friends and teams a solid by getting a 2nd set of eyes from a friend they trust or respect to check them out for them while they are already there for other players that are later picks like Hill and such.    All i know is the Falcons have been linked to Hill a good bit at DT and were raving about him and the other guy we have been slobbering all over it seems to be Vea.   So don't be surprised if Dimitroff makes a move to go get Vea if he falls to 15 or so thats something else he is known to do for the right person at a big need for the right guy.

1 hour ago, Jason_Bengal_Fl said:

NNNOOOOOOOooooooo!!!!!!

Major reach.  Daniels, Price, or Evans.

Major reach? You realize Kolton Miller had one of the greatest Combine workouts of all-time for an OT and that 21 is probably his floor? In a weak tackle class, I moreso expect him to go in the teens.

11 minutes ago, Da_Ducktator said:

Major reach? You realize Kolton Miller had one of the greatest Combine workouts of all-time for an OT and that 21 is probably his floor? In a weak tackle class, I moreso expect him to go in the teens.

Have you watched his tape?  He's very inconsistent.

Archived