Duck's Mock Draft 8.0

Da_Ducktator

Wondering what’s the logic behind Miami picking an OT in the first round. They have Tunsil at LT and they just picked up Ja’wuan James’ option at 9M$ to be the RT. They signed Sitton to play LG so that takes Tunsil moving back to G out of the mix. 

Pick just doesn’t make sense.

11 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

I agree. He’s a fringe 1st round talent at best. Probably was a 3rd round prospect till the combine. 

We will be going BPA or Center 

13 hours ago, Jason_Bengal_Fl said:

Have you watched his tape?  He's very inconsistent.

That's literally not the point at all. I am personally not a big Miller fan, but the guy is as elite as they come at the position (second-best RAS ever) and flashes enough on tape. Do you really not realize how the NFL works when it comes to drafting? They take chances on guys at premium position with elite athleticism.

12 hours ago, Hopper15 said:

Landry is not a top 10 pick. Awful

I guess his amazing workout or superb 2016 didn't happen. I'll make sure to erase those from my memory now.

7 hours ago, Emerica said:

Wondering what’s the logic behind Miami picking an OT in the first round. They have Tunsil at LT and they just picked up Ja’wuan James’ option at 9M$ to be the RT. They signed Sitton to play LG so that takes Tunsil moving back to G out of the mix. 

Pick just doesn’t make sense.

James is not sticking around past this season (he barely got kept for this year). It's clear that marriage isn't working so the Dolphins will consider adding a future T piece as Tunsil also struggled mightily last year and you cannot put faith in him being a franchise guy at this point.

2 hours ago, Da_Ducktator said:

James is not sticking around past this season (he barely got kept for this year). It's clear that marriage isn't working so the Dolphins will consider adding a future T piece as Tunsil also struggled mightily last year and you cannot put faith in him being a franchise guy at this point.

That’s bogus. For the first time in a decade, OL isn’t a primary need for the Dolphins. So forget Miami going OL in the first unless Nelson slides.

To say Tunsil struggled mightily is hyperbole. It was his first full season at T and he did get beat on a number of occasions but his play was adequate. Not at one point in the season did I think we needed to upgrade. Its ridiculous to think there no room for growth.  I have complete faith in him, I’m sure the staff feels the same. And we’ll see about James, either way I’m not picking a backup RT in the first round. If James leaves next summer we can deal with that when the time comes. 

2 hours ago, Da_Ducktator said:

That's literally not the point at all. I am personally not a big Miller fan, but the guy is as elite as they come at the position (second-best RAS ever) and flashes enough on tape. Do you really not realize how the NFL works when it comes to drafting? They take chances on guys at premium position with elite athleticism.

Yeah the Bengals tried that approach once before with Cedric Ogbeuhi. Don’t think they will be doing that again. The tape has to match the athleticism. 

3 hours ago, Da_Ducktator said:

He MIGHT be the best tackle to come out of this draft in 3 years. But we don’t have 3 years to wait for him. Whoever we take at 21, or at RT needs to make an impact THIS SEASON. 

19 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

I'm good with this trade and pick up of Mayfield. Still leaves us with 4 day 2 picks 

I am too but don't think Bills will target Allen. Only Staford has become a standout NFL QB with a sub 60% passing rating. According to Chris Brown JP Lossman had better college numbers than Allen.

Peace

11 hours ago, BigBillsFan13 said:

Don't think we need to move up from 12 to get him tbh.

Not that I want him lol, but I think we could get him at 12

My fear would be the Dolphins pulling the trigger or trading with Arizona to prevent Buffalo from getting him (or any QB in this situation really).

Archived