Leisher's long time no mock, mock.

jleisher

I suppose an argument can be made that Yiadom isn’t a top 100 pick (a bad one) but, 6th round!!! (Don’t listen to cbs)

What other CBs would you take round 2 if Hughes, Oliver, Davis, and Meeks are off the board?..  

I like and agree with your description for the pick

He was unofficially timed at 4.49-4.52 again at his pro day.  Just a really solid prospect that fits GBs mold.  Would love the value round 6, could live with it round 2.  I think he’ll go top 100

I dont mean to come off rude but why even post an individual thread for a fanspeak mock draft? All of us have probably simulated dozens of those by now and they almost never come out looking mildly realistic. This is no exception. Good work on the picks but we have a better chance of acquiring Odell Beckham than we do of coming out of this draft with this class.

15 hours ago, Packer_ESP said:

I'd argue it's too little. I don't think anyone is giving up 2.6 for 3.13 and a 2nd rounder for next year which is likely to be one of the last picks there.

No 1st or 2nd picks for next year is a BIG no-go for me.

I was referring to the whole lot of extra picks

What you gave up for the guard is a bit disturbing. We're good at guard IMO with Taylor, McCray, Patrick, Murphy and a 5-6th round pick. I absolutely hate that pick. If you were going to mortgage the future that way and got another top CB or EDGE rusher is would be SOMEWHAT palatable. A guard, yuck! 

12 hours ago, Gopackgonerd said:

If we somehow got Ward and Davenport, I would nut so much there would be no nut left to nut.

A small CB that'll get eaten up by bigger, physical receivers and a 4-3 DE who can't bend and who would be playing out of position. No thanks....

5 hours ago, Joe said:

A small CB that'll get eaten up by bigger, physical receivers and a 4-3 DE who can't bend and who would be playing out of position. No thanks....

Davenport litterally played 3-4 edge in college, probably the 3rd best pass rusher in the draft and youre getting getting him at 24, that would be really good value imo.

Ward is the best cover corner in the class, ran a 4.3, and the size thing is vastly overrated. Casey Hayward is pretty much the same size as him.  

Idk man, hard to argue about getting 2 top 15 talent here.

3 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Davenport litterally played 3-4 edge in college, probably the 3rd best pass rusher in the draft and youre getting getting him at 24, that would be really good value imo.

Ward is the best cover corner in the class, ran a 4.3, and the size thing is vastly overrated. Casey Hayward is pretty much the same size as him.  

Idk man, hard to argue about getting 2 top 15 talent here.

Go watch his North Texas tape. He's been overhyped due to his performance at the Senior Bowl and then the combine.

As for Ward:

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/denzel-ward?id=32462018-0002-5600-6141-7e124ecc121e

Read the weaknesses, especially the 3rd from the bottom and then tell me he's a good fit for us...

Davenport is polarizing.  Based on his tape, you are right, not worth it.  Based on his potential?  That's the grey area.  I like him.  I like the power/speed combo for the elephant end.  I actually like that better than the quickness and bend of Landry...and that is saying a lot because I dig Landry.  

Ward.  Keep in mind that King is on the other side and can presumably carry the other teams larger receiver.  Ward is a supremely gifted athlete.  If he were 2 inches taller, he'd be a lock for top 5.  But he isn't, and if he slips to GB at #14, that is a pretty easy call to make.  As far as the NFL.com write up goes...I'll take any corner with "supreme athletic ability and can mirror for a long time without opening hips".  Kid is a special athlete.  I think Whitt would love him and pairing him with King would be really something.

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

Davenport is polarizing.  Based on his tape, you are right, not worth it.  Based on his potential?  That's the grey area.  I like him.  I like the power/speed combo for the elephant end.  I actually like that better than the quickness and bend of Landry...and that is saying a lot because I dig Landry. 

There ya go (!) that encapsulates the issue clearly.......and THATS why you want Edmunds!  LOL

He's got the size.

He's got the power.

He's got the speed.

He's got what we want.

He's just what we need.

Pair him up with CM / NP/ BM jumping all around being that new DL?

Opposing offenses will run to their sidelines in fear!

:)

32 minutes ago, Joe said:

Go watch his North Texas tape. He's been overhyped due to his performance at the Senior Bowl and then the combine.

As for Ward:

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/denzel-ward?id=32462018-0002-5600-6141-7e124ecc121e

Read the weaknesses, especially the 3rd from the bottom and then tell me he's a good fit for us...

What about North Texas? He whooped North Texas.. 

"Appears to avoid route contact"? I dont see that when i watch him, he presses receivers well,  gets hands on guys and fights downfield with them. 

Guess we are just gonna agree to disagree on these guys.

56 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

What about North Texas? He whooped North Texas.. 

"Appears to avoid route contact"? I dont see that when i watch him, he presses receivers well,  gets hands on guys and fights downfield with them. 

Guess we are just gonna agree to disagree on these guys.

He is just smallish. But whatever, we have King to match up with the tall and powerful WRs

Archived