Leisher's long time no mock, mock.

jleisher

40 minutes ago, SpeightTheVillain said:

He is just smallish. But whatever, we have King to match up with the tall and powerful WRs

Ya size never bothered me as long as they were good players. Look at Chris Harris Jr., he's only 5'10, he's actually a decent comp for Ward.

6 hours ago, Gopackgonerd said:

What about North Texas? He whooped North Texas.. 

Watch the video cut-up. He looks stiff and upright practically the entire time. He gets washed out of plays frequently. Some of his issues with hand placement are correctable, but the agility was....Ooof marone!

http://draftbreakdown.com/2017/12/07/marcus-davenport-vs-north-texas-2017/

Just now, Joe said:

Watch the video cut-up. He looks stiff and upright practically the entire time. He gets washed out of plays frequently. Some of his issues with hand placement are correctable, but the agility was....Ooof marone!

http://draftbreakdown.com/2017/12/07/marcus-davenport-vs-north-texas-2017/

I've watched that film before, he does have a few iffy plays I won't disagree there, but I thought he also had a lot of great plays. He had 2 and a half sacks, 4 TFL, and a FF in that game. That play on the goalline where he just destroys that line and makes the tackle for a loss was beautiful. That closeline on the QB like a wrestler was fun to watch lol. I get it he's not Clay Matthews athletic, but the things he does well he does very well, he's powerful. He'll def need to be coached up coming from a smaller school, but I think he'll be a good player. 

Don't believe what you read on NFL.com, some of that stuff is written by interns (who would be thrashed on this board).

You should evaluate Davenport by his factual numbers, then take into consideration his level of coaching so far.  Are his shortcomings correctable?  I think this kids ceiling is incredibly high.  He has all the tools and seems (through his interviews) to be coachable.

We could do a lot worse.

Archived