Teams that would need a player like Eric Reid

BroncoSojia

So yesterday, I was having a discussion with another FF'er about Eric Reid and the teams that could (and probably should) sign him. We got to discussing fit, money, need, etc. 

He ultimately came down to the Bears, Panthers, Cowboys. Bears, because of Vic Fangio and the need for a safety, Cowboys because of the need, and the Panthers, because of the void left by Kurt Coleman.

My list is a bit more expansive lol. IMO, the Chiefs, Chargers, Colts, Dolphins, Rams, Bears, Panthers Bucs, Redskins, and Cowboys could all use a safety of his caliber. Some more than others, but still. 

My list doesn't account for money or how teams value safeties as a whole. (like the Chargers apparently) I would like to read thought from the fans of teams that have a need at that position.

I'd like to say that I'm surprised the Chargers haven't gone after him... and at least offered him the same contract they were to Tre Boston.  But then Spanos gonna Spanos... and with the son in sitting as VP of Player Personnel, he's not going to do anything to cross the old man.  And Dean is most likely one of those owners who is vehemently anti-Reid for non-football reasons.

2 minutes ago, Duluther said:

Sure. Not that it means much as their writers are not good, but nfl.com ranks Vaccarro higher as a FA than Reid. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000917412/article/top-101-nfl-free-agents-of-2018-kirk-cousins-tops-the-board

Yeah, I wouldn't put that as my gauge, but I'm more of the mind of @Shady Slim. There's not much of a difference at this point - Vaccaro definitely had the better peak a few years ago, but I think Reid's most recent play was superior to Vaccaro's. 

7 minutes ago, BroncoSojia said:

I know you guys have Malik Hooker, but it seems you have a need at the other spot.

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Who's your starting strong safety? I would think he'd be a great fit with a rangy free safety in Hooker.

Clayton Geathers.  He's not well known obviously but he's actually a pretty damn good SS when healthy.  Then we have Matthias Farley as a serviceable backup to both spots.

No it's not an amazing group but its not to the point where we need to sign a bigger name.   Fitzpatrick or James could be possible in the draft as pure BPA picks but it isnt a pressing need.  We have plenty of those elsewhere.

1 hour ago, BroncoSojia said:

So yesterday, I was having a discussion with another FF'er about Eric Reid and the teams that could (and probably should) sign him. We got to discussing fit, money, need, etc. 

He ultimately came down to the Bears, Panthers, Cowboys. Bears, because of Vic Fangio and the need for a safety, Cowboys because of the need, and the Panthers, because of the void left by Kurt Coleman.

My list is a bit more expansive lol. IMO, the Chiefs, Chargers, Colts, Dolphins, Rams, Bears, Panthers Bucs, Redskins, and Cowboys could all use a safety of his caliber. Some more than others, but still. 

My list doesn't account for money or how teams value safeties as a whole. (like the Chargers apparently) I would like to read thought from the fans of teams that have a need at that position.

The Bears don't really need help at safety. Depth yes,  but not as a starter. Amos is a bit of a question mark going forward because he only has 1 good season to his name but he played well enough last season to earn another shot. Besides, I'm not sure Reid would be willing to play SS and Pace and Fangio are not replacing Jackson at FS.

Archived