Suh signs with Rams 1 year 14 million

49erurtaza

2 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Rams won the offseason. Eagles won the Super Bowl.

I'll take the Eagles win over the Rams everyday.

The Rams have added a lot of talent to an already talented roster though. On paper it looks pretty ridiculous, but football isn't played on paper. The NFC once again looks completely freaking stacked, will be a fun season of football.

Eagles won the Super Bowl last year. But yea, it's ridiculous how stacked the NFC is. Can't we trade the Vikings to the AFC for the Browns?

Rams, Vikes, Eagles fighting for best D and O in the NFC. The Falcons, Seahawks, Cam, and The Aaron Rodgers are now just an afterthought that the Eagles, Rams, Vikes, or Saints should beat in the wildcard/divisional round. I don't think that will necessarily be the case come playoff time, but that's the way it feels right now.

**** bruh the rams are insane. The Eagles will have a good DL, but the Rams on paper are the best defense in the NFL.

Their corner duo is arguably the best in the league. The combination of Suh and Donald is terrifying and unblockable. I think that Suh+Donald is scarier than Miller+Mack and that's saying something considering how good their back end is.

No one is running on that team. Good luck giving Suh or Donald a 1v1 every snap. Game over.

Well Rams have certainly won the offseason thus far. Added 2 all-pro caliber players in their prime... Does not happen often.

There's nothing bad about adding a player like Suh, so don't get the wrong idea here, but my one caveat would be that he has only ever played UT in a 4-3, and that role is what his traits make him the best fit for. Now in a 1 gap 3-4 that equates to the 3 tech DT, but that's where Donald resides and you just cannot move him. Suh will either have to primarily line up as the NT or DE/5-tech, both roles we haven't seen him often in. I question his value as a 5 tech... still a massive upgrade, but you're not really getting interior pressure from that spot, and you would become much easier for OLs to block. Odds are they have him play where Brockers was at NT, lined up on the center's outside shoulder (don't know what you do with Brockers, probably your best option at DE so he just moves over). Suh is not going to get the same 1 on 1 opportunities  there that he's accustomed to, and will have to be more of a space eater than normal. So it will require a slight adjustment to his game..... but yeah, odds are he'll be fine and teams will be forced to pick their poison between the two. We've seen what Donald could do without an all-pro lined up beside him, with one he will probably put up JJ Watt DPOY esque eye popping numbers. 

If you a fan of any other team you got to love want the Rams are doing .I heard they even made a call for Odell they really tryna go all out tryna get that ring.I know its just on paper but they looking pretty good

2 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Not from us Cowboys they sure as hell wont. Nor the Giants or the Redskins.

We'll take it from the Giants but not from the Redskins or the Cowboys. Only teams that have won in this century have trash talk weight.

7 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

Why are all the Eagles fans up in this thread talking smack for what seems to be no reason at all?

It's actually very funny to read. They're all acting like they haven't celebrated all the free agent signings they've made and their trade(s). Talk down on anybody who improves their team and at the same time act like only their trades were good. Rams fans know the year is just starting and the real work has to begin. Eagles fans are the only one who are acting like it isn't.

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

Eagles won the Super Bowl last year. But yea, it's ridiculous how stacked the NFC is. Can't we trade the Vikings to the AFC for the Browns?

Exactly. Let's not count them chickens already. NFC is no cakewalk. It can go many ways. Happy for Eagles fans but calm it down. 

Gonna be kind of great if (or when) this Rams team just completely flames out.

Im getting mad 2011 Dream Team deja vu. And the funny thing is, that before the season, that corner back trio of Samuel-Nnamdi-DRC was considered the best by far. Nnamdi was still in his prime and considered the best or 2nd best (depends who you ask)... And he ended up flaming out quickly. Talib is going to hit that same wall but even harder. Likely after seeing two consecutively worse seasons in 2016 and 2017, Talib very well could just nosedive (IMO he will). But Peters is like a better version of Asante though. I love me some Marcus Peters. 

(Note I was mostly comparing the CB/DB groups. Cant really compare the Suh addition at DL since he and Donald, atm, are the two most talented DTs ive ever witnessed be on one team)

8 minutes ago, BAConrad said:

Im getting mad 2011 Dream Team deja vu. And the funny thing is, that before the season, that corner back trio of Samuel-Nnamdi-DRC was considered the best by far. Nnamdi was still in his prime and considered the best or 2nd best (depends who you ask)... And he ended up flaming out quickly. Talib is going to hit that same wall but even harder. Likely after seeing two consecutively worse seasons in 2016 and 2017, Talib very well could just nosedive (IMO he will). But Peters is like a better version of Asante though. I love me some Marcus Peters. 

(Note I was mostly comparing the CB/DB groups. Cant really compare the Suh addition at DL since he and Donald, atm, are the two most talented DTs ive ever witnessed be on one team)

This seems like wishful thinking. 

Nnamdi didn't fit the Eagles system, that is why he flopped. Talib played well under Wade and has shown no signs of slippage. What the Rams are doing is what the Seahawks did in 2013. They are maximize the window they while Goff is on a cheap contract. This isn't like the Eagles in 2011, who were just signing players regardless of whether of fit. 

21 minutes ago, BAConrad said:

Why the Rams have to be the “dream team” and implode? Wade coached a talented 2015 Denver defense that had Ware, Miller, Talib, Harris Jr., Ward, Roby, Ray and nobody was calling them a dream team that will implode. Suh wanted to go to a team where he was next to greatness (Donald) and he wouldn’t get double teamed all the time. He wanted to win too. He took less money. Talib wanted to go to a reunite with Wade where he felt the most comfortable. Peters was traded because the Chiefs didn’t want to deal with his antics on the field like throwing the flag which he owned up too and his anthem protests which Kansas City fans and the owner didn’t like but LA fans and owner won’t care about that. McVay and Snead did their homework and wouldn’t have pursued these players if they thought it would be an epic fail culturally to the team. They believe in Wade that he can handle these guys plus guys like Donald, Brockers, and Joyner are hardworkers and leaders in the locker room and on the field. That’s on defense. On offense and special teams we know what we have. So I just don’t see the 2011 “dream team” Eagles as you or others are quick to point out. It stops and ends with the recognizable names but that’s it. This 2018 Rams team is no where near the 2011 Eagles outside of the recognizable names.

18 minutes ago, ACO said:

Exactly. Let's not count them chickens already. NFC is no cakewalk. It can go many ways. Happy for Eagles fans but calm it down. 

Yea, before this signing, I thought the Vikings were the team to beat. I still think they're the team to beat. It'll depend on what type of draft the Rams have.

17 minutes ago, BAConrad said:

Your Offensive Line Coach was your Defensive Coordinator. We have one of the greatest Defensive Coordinators of all time. Wishful thinking, young buck. 

Archived