Suh signs with Rams 1 year 14 million

49erurtaza

30 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

To be fair, until proven otherwise the Eagles are the better team. Just like the Patriots going into last season. It's part of being defending champs. Until knocked off the thrown, it's fact.

No, it's not. It's the 2018 season now, not 2017. If the Eagles had a fire-sale, you're essentially claiming that we'd have to pretend they were still the best team until they lost in Week 1. There are no presumptions. We're going to evaluate the teams based on the talent they have. If you believe the Eagles are the most talented, that's fine. But don't try and tell me that they're the best because of what they did last season.

18 minutes ago, jrry32 said:
51 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

To be fair, until proven otherwise the Eagles are the better team. Just like the Patriots going into last season. It's part of being defending champs. Until knocked off the thrown, it's fact.

No, it's not. It's the 2018 season now, not 2017. If the Eagles had a fire-sale, you're essentially claiming that we'd have to pretend they were still the best team until they lost in Week 1. There are no presumptions. We're going to evaluate the teams based on the talent they have. If you believe the Eagles are the most talented, that's fine. But don't try and tell me that they're the best because of what they did last season.

You mean like the assumptions made about the Patriots heading into the 2017 season? Broncos in 16'? Patriots of 15'? Seahawks of 14? It does matter.

The Eagles didn't have a fire sale in fact one could argue they might be even better given the players coming back off injury. Peters, Wentz, Sproles, Hicks, Maragos, Jones. So yes until the games are played We are better then the Rams. So are the Vikings and Patriots.

Believe me I fully aware of what Paper Champs look like. The Eagles have had their fair share over the years. It's why it's called "on paper". (NOT CALLING THEM PAPER CHAMPS) To be clear!

Just like the Giants last year coming off the 2016 season "as favorites". Every year teams take a step back and Teams come out of nowhere. Proven just last year by both of our clubs. So to assume anything at this point is futile including how good teams A, B, and C are.

Rams could whined up the 17' Giants

Eagles the Broncos 2016' 

No one knows until games are played. Right now "on paper" the Rams are scary. Doesn't mean Favorites. There isn't one in the current NFC including my Eagles, period!

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

You mean like the assumptions made about the Patriots heading into the 2017 season? Broncos in 16'? Patriots of 15'? Seahawks of 14? It does matter.

How many of those teams won the Super Bowl the next year?

The Eagles didn't have a fire sale in fact one could argue they might be even better given the players coming back off injury. Peters, Wentz, Sproles, Hicks, Maragos, Jones. So yes until the games are played We are better then the Rams. So are the Vikings and Patriots.

No, you're not. You may think they are. But it's not a fact, and you're not entitled to any sort of presumption. Like anyone else, you are capable of assessing the talent on the teams and projecting how they will do. We all have that ability. But nobody owes you anything. The Eagles, Rams, Patriots, and Vikings are all 0-0.

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

Believe me I fully aware of what Paper Champs look like. The Eagles have had their fair share over the years. It's why it's called "on paper". (NOT CALLING THEM PAPER CHAMPS) To be clear!

Just like the Giants last year coming off the 2016 season "as favorites". Every year teams take a step back and Teams come out of nowhere. Proven just last year by both of our clubs. So to assume anything at this point is futile including how good teams A, B, and C are.

Rams could whined up the 17' Giants

Eagles the Broncos 2016' 

No one knows until games are played. Right now "on paper" the Rams are scary. Doesn't mean Favorites. There isn't one in the current NFC including my Eagles, period!

No they can't.

Their OL is fine.

They don't have questions at qb.

They don't rely on one dynamic talent (Gurley is great but that offense is more than just him) to make things go.

They have a GREAT head coach.

They have an undisputed top 5 corner duo.

They have one of the best defensive minds in the NFL.

They have the best interior pass rush duo in the NFL.

Did the Giants have those things?

The Rams are the most complete team in the NFL, bar none. I don't care what anyone says.

13 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

How many of those teams won the Super Bowl the next year?

No, you're not. You may think they are. But it's not a fact, and you're not entitled to any sort of presumption. Like anyone else, you are capable of assessing the talent on the teams and projecting how they will do. We all have that ability. But nobody owes you anything. The Eagles, Rams, Patriots, and Vikings are all 0-0.

You mean how everyone assessed the talent for the Rams and Eagles last season and assumed both teams finish last? Not win 5 games?

How the Cowboys , Giants and Raiders would run rough shot over the NFL on their way to the SB given "their rosters"? Paper means nothing. Zero, Zip Nada. You want to get caught up in the hype, cool. As a fan I get it, I'd be excited too.

But with the current Parity in the NFL the Rams are no more Guaranteed a Divsion/SB Title in 2018 then say the Bucs, Lions or Chargers. That's how the past two decades of proven Parity works. Never know until games are played.

To be clear nor are the Eagles!

18 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

You mean how everyone assessed the talent for the Rams and Eagles last season and assumed both teams finish last? Not win 5 games?

How the Cowboys , Giants and Raiders would run rough shot over the NFL on their way to the SB given "their rosters"? Paper means nothing. Zero, Zip Nada. You want to get caught up in the hype, cool. As a fan I get it, I'd be excited too.

But with the current Parity in the NFL the Rams are no more Guaranteed a Divsion/SB Title in 2018 then say the Bucs, Lions or Chargers. That's how the past two decades of proven Parity works. Never know until games are played.

To be clear nor are the Eagles!

Yet, here you are posting on a football forum. Speculation is the name of the game.

20 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

No they can't.

Their OL is fine.

They don't have questions at qb.

They don't rely on one dynamic talent (Gurley is great but that offense is more than just him) to make things go.

They have a GREAT head coach.

They have an undisputed top 5 corner duo.

They have one of the best defensive minds in the NFL.

They have the best interior pass rush duo in the NFL.

Did the Giants have those things?

The Rams are the most complete team in the NFL, bar none. I don't care what anyone says.

Dumbest take yet?

Jesus. 

People here understand what "complete" means right? Do you?

Im not trying to hate. I really am not. I have legitimate concerns about this LAR team and I voiced them. I also think they're 100% one of a handful of NFC teams who have a real shot at getting to and winning the SB. 

But people are getting wayyy too caught up in the moment here. Suh is a great signing on paper. His play in Miami suggests that he is, believe it or not, either at or close to the top of his game still at 31. 

And Peters was a fantastic addition. Those two are great to elite players at their positions. However they both have legitimate character issues or histories of poor judgement while in games. Locker room chemistry isnt some myth. Its real. I know this firsthand from not one but two players currently playing (one of which happens to be on the Rams...my boy Sam Shields). And its plausible to think that this team might not have the most tight knit locker room. 

And back to their additions....I mentioned the big two. 

The other ones...arent good. Talib has been on a steady decline for a couple years now. People are acting like hes the same player as he was in 2015 (which reminds me how INSANELY STUPID anyone is to say that this defense is as good as that Denver unit. Because thats a farce). But he isnt what he was. Hes going to be a liability, IYAM. I like Roby a lot as a nickel. But hes not new. 

Sam Shields should stop being brought up when trying to hype up the secondary also. He is 31. Hasnt played in 2 years. I dont know if hell even get on the field before getting another concussion or injury. And this is coming from someone who is legitimate friends with him. Known him since i was 11. I wish him nothing but the best but as someone who cares about his health I am actually worried about him playing. 

Anyway, i guess i got off track somewhat. What im trying to get at is why I have no clue as to what makes this team more complete than either Minnesota or (omg yes Im gonna say it cause im just so insecure and stuff) Philly. The Rams have 2 WRs who are actual NFL caliber players. And neither are #1 guys. That worries me. McVay is one of the best offensive minds in the game along with Shannahan (Kyle) and Pederson. But i dont see how he can hide that hole really. Watkins had weak stats sure, but he was used a ton to help get other guys open. 

They basically have those 3 big guys at DL and not much else. Sorry, but Dominique Easley isnt a real NFL player. If he wasnt a former first round pick, hed be on the street. And then there's the lack of much anyone at all at LB or any edge rush to speak of. (and yes @jrry32 I know there's a draft. But if u think that they will somehow address every single hole through it then youre elusional. 

I think that theres absolutely a chance that Im proven wrong. Personally, I view this team as a serious contender, but sorry if I just dont think that they're more of a complete, 53 man team, than any one else in the league. 

The Rams have made smart football moves. They weren’t just getting every star name out there. Wade needed to transition the Rams to the type of defense he wants. Thus they traded away Quinn and Tree because they didn’t fit the scheme. They brought in Talib and Peters who fit what Wade wants to do which is have his corners play man to man, lockdown defense. Suh fills a need at NT. He is a great run stopper and we know the Rams weakness was stopping the run. So in general the Rams defense is better. They have improved the run by getting a rub stopper in Suh which will help mak life easy for whomever the linebackers will be. Tru gave up the 4th most yards passing. Talib and Peters were ranked amongst the fewest passing yards given up. So now the passing game have few holes for QBs to attack. If you can’t pass or run then offenses can’t score much. The Rams defense can resemble the 2015 Broncos defense which was also coached by Wade. 

On offense the Rams bring everyone back except for Watkins. Maybe they trade for Beckham Jr. but they don’t need him. Guys like Reynolds, Everett, and Kupp naturally will take a step up in their second season. If Everett does then it helps the offense even more as McVay system depends on the tight ends being very productive. So I’m looking to see if Everett, Higbee, and a returning Hemmingway can boost the production from the tight end position in year two with McVay. I haven’t even mentioned Goff being in year two with McVay in the system. It’s been reported McVay is going to spend more time with Goff this offseason working with him more. That should help.

I don’t need to talk about special teams. Zeurlein did what he did in 2017 (on pace to break the record for points scored in a single season) with a bad back for all of the season before being shutdown later in the season. He will be healthy and ready to go. Hekker is obviously a beast and Cooper will have a full season as the PR/KR which he didn’t have full PR duties until like a month or so into the season.

The Rams should win 12 games. It’s fair to say that. They won 11 games in 2017 despite being a dropped td catch by Kupp away from sweeping the Seahawks and not playing the starters in Week 17 against the Niners. Both games were at home in LA. The Rams are a better team now so 12 wins is doable which makes them at worst the 2nd best team in the NFC unless we see two teams win 13+ games again like we saw in 2017 with the Eagles and Vikings.

And I want to address this whole BS notion someone started that we Eagles fans have some sort of vendetta against the Rams. Or that we are "insecure". 

Because its so stupid. So now we just have to nod and agree with everything every sheep bahs out there because why? Our team are the champs? How do the two things connect?

Anyone who actually takes time to look at our forum would know that we are far from a bunch of cocky SOBs who think our team can do no wrong.

Frankly, sure, Im definitely more afraid of LA after this signing. But I never thought they deserved to be in the same class as Minnesota or my Eagles. Not until they prove they are. Im still not sold that Goff is as good as he looked in 2017. And I think they will be worse on offense in 2018. But better on defense. I just think their floor is much lower than the other few NFC heavy hitters are.

BUT their ceiling is as high as any.  I think they're a boom or bust team. Either they win 13 and make it at least to the NFCCG, or they collapse and win like 5 games. 

4 minutes ago, BAConrad said:

And I want to address this whole BS notion someone started that we Eagles fans have some sort of vendetta against the Rams. Or that we are "insecure". 

Because its so stupid. So now we just have to nod and agree with everything every sheep bahs out there because why? Our team are the champs? How do the two things connect?

Anyone who actually takes time to look at our forum would know that we are far from a bunch of cocky SOBs who think our team can do no wrong.

Frankly, sure, Im definitely more afraid of LA after this signing. But I never thought they deserved to be in the same class as Minnesota or my Eagles. Not until they prove they are. Im still not sold that Goff is as good as he looked in 2017. And I think they will be worse on offense in 2018. But better on defense. I just think their floor is much lower than the other few NFC heavy hitters are.

BUT their ceiling is as high as any.  I think they're a boom or bust team. Either they win 13 and make it at least to the NFCCG, or they collapse and win like 5 games. 

I don’t think that. I’ve said numerous of times if I had my wish the Rams vs Eagles in the NFCG every year. I think both teams future is bright. Goff vs Wentz is the new Peyton vs Brady in terms of QB rivalry. I think highly of both Goff and Wentz and the more success both organizations/QBs have the more pumped I am about seeing these two teams go at it for the next decade plus. So I just want to say I’m not in the conversation of what you are talking about. I can’t wait to see Goff vs Wentz round 2 this upcoming season. Hopefully all parties stay healthy and remain healthy after the game so round 3 will be for the right to go to the Superbowl.

Archived