Suh signs with Rams 1 year 14 million

49erurtaza

5 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I don’t think that. I’ve said numerous of times if I had my wish the Rams vs Eagles in the NFCG every year. I think both teams future is bright. Goff vs Wentz is the new Peyton vs Brady in terms of QB rivalry. I think highly of both Goff and Wentz and the more success both organizations/QBs have the more pumped I am about seeing these two teams go at it for the next decade plus. So I just want to say I’m not in the conversation of what you are talking about. I can’t wait to see Goff vs Wentz round 2 this upcoming season. Hopefully all parties stay healthy and remain healthy after the game so round 3 will be for the right to go to the Superbowl.

Thanks for not taking my post all personal and flaming me. Seriously.

Anyway, I agree that our two teams right now appear to be 2 of the best teams in the NFC. And the fact that our QBs went 1 and 2 in the same draft and so far have both either lived up to their status or exceeded it, just makes the thought of an LA-Philly rivalry for the next 6-8 years that much more amazing and worthy of tons of jorts-ruining. 

Minnesota however makes it complicated, bc I see them as being huge threats for 2018 at least. However years from now, I dont know if they will be. Diggs, Hunter, Barr, and Kendricks are all due for huge paydays. And since none have been extended early (hey Spielman, try taking a page out of Rosemans book in that regard). With Cousins' deal, I see no way they keep more than 2 of those guys. And that's a big deal IMO

1 hour ago, BAConrad said:

Dumbest take yet?

Jesus. 

People here understand what "complete" means right? Do you?

Im not trying to hate. I really am not. I have legitimate concerns about this LAR team and I voiced them. I also think they're 100% one of a handful of NFC teams who have a real shot at getting to and winning the SB. 

But people are getting wayyy too caught up in the moment here. Suh is a great signing on paper. His play in Miami suggests that he is, believe it or not, either at or close to the top of his game still at 31. 

And Peters was a fantastic addition. Those two are great to elite players at their positions. However they both have legitimate character issues or histories of poor judgement while in games. Locker room chemistry isnt some myth. Its real. I know this firsthand from not one but two players currently playing (one of which happens to be on the Rams...my boy Sam Shields). And its plausible to think that this team might not have the most tight knit locker room. 

And back to their additions....I mentioned the big two. 

The other ones...arent good. Talib has been on a steady decline for a couple years now. People are acting like hes the same player as he was in 2015 (which reminds me how INSANELY STUPID anyone is to say that this defense is as good as that Denver unit. Because thats a farce). But he isnt what he was. Hes going to be a liability, IYAM. I like Roby a lot as a nickel. But hes not new. 

Sam Shields should stop being brought up when trying to hype up the secondary also. He is 31. Hasnt played in 2 years. I dont know if hell even get on the field before getting another concussion or injury. And this is coming from someone who is legitimate friends with him. Known him since i was 11. I wish him nothing but the best but as someone who cares about his health I am actually worried about him playing. 

Anyway, i guess i got off track somewhat. What im trying to get at is why I have no clue as to what makes this team more complete than either Minnesota or (omg yes Im gonna say it cause im just so insecure and stuff) Philly. The Rams have 2 WRs who are actual NFL caliber players. And neither are #1 guys. That worries me. McVay is one of the best offensive minds in the game along with Shannahan (Kyle) and Pederson. But i dont see how he can hide that hole really. Watkins had weak stats sure, but he was used a ton to help get other guys open. 

They basically have those 3 big guys at DL and not much else. Sorry, but Dominique Easley isnt a real NFL player. If he wasnt a former first round pick, hed be on the street. And then there's the lack of much anyone at all at LB or any edge rush to speak of. (and yes @jrry32 I know there's a draft. But if u think that they will somehow address every single hole through it then youre elusional. 

I think that theres absolutely a chance that Im proven wrong. Personally, I view this team as a serious contender, but sorry if I just dont think that they're more of a complete, 53 man team, than any one else in the league. 

@jrry32 somebody come get they man.

And to this, the fact that you say Easley "isn't a real NFL player " is a joke. I don't know if you've ever watched him.

Talib, even if he was declining, is a very very good corner.

They had the #1 offense in the NFL. I think Watkins is an excellent player and was misused, and did draw coverage, but the Rams can add another receiver and guys can step up.

They can add a linebacker. They can add another edge rusher. They can add a receiver. That's not asking a lot.

The Eagles have a pretty average secondary. I mean no disrespect when I say that, but it would be a lot harder for the Eagles secondary to become near elite, than it would be for the Rams to find serviceable players at those positions.

5 hours ago, BAConrad said:

Thanks for not taking my post all personal and flaming me. Seriously.

Anyway, I agree that our two teams right now appear to be 2 of the best teams in the NFC. And the fact that our QBs went 1 and 2 in the same draft and so far have both either lived up to their status or exceeded it, just makes the thought of an LA-Philly rivalry for the next 6-8 years that much more amazing and worthy of tons of jorts-ruining. 

Minnesota however makes it complicated, bc I see them as being huge threats for 2018 at least. However years from now, I dont know if they will be. Diggs, Hunter, Barr, and Kendricks are all due for huge paydays. And since none have been extended early (hey Spielman, try taking a page out of Rosemans book in that regard). With Cousins' deal, I see no way they keep more than 2 of those guys. And that's a big deal IMO

?! Yeah I agree with you on Minnesota. They went all in too for 2018. To me it’s Super Bowl or bust for them. I think just like you that after 2018 it will be interesting to see who they keep and let walk in FA. They certainly have to draft well which they have done but this year they have the ammo to make a serious push. Is just do you believe Cousins will finally show up when the spotlight is shining the brightest? He is certainly going to have now. 

On 3/26/2018 at 5:21 PM, Duluther said:

Ok. .... Now I'm definitely worried about the Rams (as a Vikings fan). What the league's allowed LA to do this offseason is flabbergasting. Be more aggressive, you 31 other teams!

Can you elaborate as to what the league has allowed the rams to do?  It sounds like an accusation is in there somewhere.

Just now, valkrei said:

Can you elaborate as to what the league has allowed the rams to do?  It sounds like an accusation is in there somewhere.

Sounds like your taking things way too literal here. The league isn't necessarily "allowing" them to do anything.....they're just more aggressive.

2 minutes ago, valkrei said:

I believe he means why havent other teams done more in the offseason. For example why didnt another team sign suh.

2 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Sounds like your taking things way too literal here. The league isn't necessarily "allowing" them to do anything.....they're just more aggressive.

2 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Perhaps I am but this is why I am asking for clarification.

15 hours ago, Danger said:

maxresdefault.jpg

The Eagles fanbase isn't a bandwagon fan base. At least it's not built off of a bandwagon like the Seahawks for example. Philly is a football town above all else in sports and always has been. It's actually year of the Dog so does that mean the Browns are going to win the Super Bowl? Hmmmmmm

There was a game in early 2014 I believe against the Jags when they were down big in the first half and booing (I could very clearly hear the get him out of the game chant) the guy who went 27-2 td-int the year prior. People had be trashing him saying he should get out of the game and that he stunk. He then went on to get them the victory later that game. He's also the same guy who won them the super bowl. Very wishy washy fan base and very bandwagon-y. Sure, they think they're dedicated. But commiserating for years and constantly being pissy about something doesn't make you a good fan.

17 minutes ago, valkrei said:

Not at all. The other 31 teams (besides perhaps the Vikings with the Cousins deal) are being passive to the point of allowing LA to acquire all of the best available players this offseason. 

No other team was willing to give up a 5th for Talib... A player who can provide a top 10-CB type year on his 1-yr deal? 

No other team was willing to give up a 2nd and 4th for Peters (+ 6th)... A young, elite, and perhaps the most dangerous CB in the league who has multiple years left on his rookie contract?

no other team was willing to sign the best player in FA (Suh), who plays a very important position for $14m a year? Knowing you’re going to get a 3rd round compensatory pick afterward?

And now, a top 3ish receiver who’s still young is a possibility to be traded... but it seems only LA is willing to wheel and deal. Shocker.

I get every single one of these players has behavioral issues, but for most they are overblown in regards to how it will affect their team (Suh and OBJ specifically).

37 minutes ago, Duluther said:

Not at all. The other 31 teams (besides perhaps the Vikings with the Cousins deal) are being passive to the point of allowing LA to acquire all of the best available players this offseason. 

No other team was willing to give up a 5th for Talib... A player who can provide a top 10-CB type year on his 1-yr deal? 

No other team was willing to give up a 2nd and 4th for Peters (+ 6th)... A young, elite, and perhaps the most dangerous CB in the league who has multiple years left on his rookie contract?

no other team was willing to sign the best player in FA (Suh), who plays a very important position for $14m a year? Knowing you’re going to get a 3rd round compensatory pick afterward?

And now, a top 3ish receiver who’s still young is a possibility to be traded... but it seems only LA is willing to wheel and deal. Shocker.

I get every single one of these players has behavioral issues, but for most they are overblown in regards to how it will affect their team (Suh and OBJ specifically).

You do realize not everyone has the cap space to do that right? So not every team is sitting back because they want to. 

Getting two older defensive players isnt really moves of the century. It fits them and what they are going for but most teams dont have a this is our year situation. Signing suh to a one year deal fits them a lot more than say the browns. 

The peters one is a good move especially if what ever issues he has gets resolved. But talib and suh arnt dynasty building moves and arnt moves that are not smart by the majority of the league. 

49 minutes ago, LARams91 said:

There was a game in early 2014 I believe against the Jags when they were down big in the first half and booing (I could very clearly hear the get him out of the game chant) the guy who went 27-2 td-int the year prior. People had be trashing him saying he should get out of the game and that he stunk. He then went on to get them the victory later that game. He's also the same guy who won them the super bowl. Very wishy washy fan base and very bandwagon-y. Sure, they think they're dedicated. But commiserating for years and constantly being pissy about something doesn't make you a good fan.

I agree that eagles fans generally are complete garbage when it comes to respecting there players. They love the team and are dedicated but absolutely trash to there players. But that is not bandwagoning. That passion to talk crap about players is because there dedicated to the team as opposed to a bandwagon who jumps ship. 

13 minutes ago, eagles101 said:

You do realize not everyone has the cap space to do that right? So not every team is sitting back because they want to. 

Getting two older defensive players isnt really moves of the century. It fits them and what they are going for but most teams dont have a this is our year situation. Signing suh to a one year deal fits them a lot more than say the browns. 

The peters one is a good move especially if what ever issues he has gets resolved. But talib and suh arnt dynasty building moves and arnt moves that are not smart by the majority of the league. 

All teams have the cap to add Peters who is on a cheap rookie deal with multiple years left. I can see a few teams bowing out because of character concerns, but he’s a cheap, young elite player at a premium position. There should have been enough market to make the Rams pay more than just a 2nd/4th (- 6th). No excuses there.

And any playoff team - plus any teams who believe they can be competitive - should have inquired about Talib and Suh as long as they fit their defensive system. Their salaries are 11m and 14m respectively, which is a bit rich, but not enough to desaturated Talib’s value to mere peanuts (there was a good market for Suh, admittedly).

There’s no excuse for the Rams getting all of these players with as little resistance as they got from the market. I’m not sure I’ve seen a team acquire so many elite-near elite players in a FA period before, especially if they get OBJ.

1 hour ago, Duluther said:

The Niners had the best offer for Talib but he said he wouldn’t show up if he was traded there. He only wanted to play for Belichick (Pats) or Wade (Rams). The Pats and Broncos deal stalled and when the Rams heard Talib wanted to reunite with Wade, they swooped in and got him.

There weren’t many teams trying to go after Peters. The Chiefs made it known to some degree they were tired of his antics on the field. Plus he came into the league with character issues. The Rams were one of the few teams that was interested and again they had the best offer out of the teams interested.

Suh choose to go to the Rams. He visited three contenders and he went to the team that had the best opportunity for business (Kroenke), success (Rams 2017 11-5 division winners), and he gets to play with Donald (DPOY) where he isn’t going to get double teamed all the time.

I don’t see what your point is about 31 teams letting the Rams do what they have done. Plus if you did your research, since Les Snead became the GM of the Rams in 2012, he has always been aggressive making big trades/moves. Remember the RG3 trade in 2012? Remember trading with Dallas that same draft to move down again to get Brockers? Remember in 2013 trading up for Tavon? Remember using the other 1st round pick trading down to get Olegtree? Remember in 2014 the Rams tried hard to trade back into the 1st round targeting OG/OC Zach Martin after already picking Robinson and Donald? The Rams were calling Baltimore but Martin went to Dallas before Baltimore was on the clock. Remember in 2015 the Rams drafted Gurley top 10 when nobody was taking a RB in the 1st round? Gurley was still coming back from knee injury. Remember in 2016 trading up to get Goff? Remember in 2017 taking a big swing in getting the youngest HC in NFL history in McVay then right after camp started trading for Watkins?

Ill say it again, the only reason why people are making a big deal about what the Rams are doing now is because they are relevant. They weren’t relevant 5 of the 6 seasons with Snead as the GM. They were mediocre at best with Fisher as the coach. Now they are relevant under McVay, all the aggressiveness Snead has been doing since day one is being noticed times 100. This isn’t something new to Rams fans, it’s just new to others who are finally starting to pay attention to the team and the moves they are making.

10 minutes ago, Duluther said:

All teams have the cap to add Peters who is on a cheap rookie deal with multiple years left. I can see a few teams bowing out because of character concerns, but he’s a cheap, young elite player at a premium position. There should have been enough market to make the Rams pay more than just a 2nd/4th (- 6th). No excuses there.

And any playoff team - plus any teams who believe they can be competitive - should have inquired about Talib and Suh as long as they fit their defensive system. Their salaries are 11m and 14m respectively, which is a bit rich, but not enough to desaturated Talib’s value to mere peanuts (there was a good market for Suh, admittedly).

There’s no excuse for the Rams getting all of these players with as little resistance as they got from the market. I’m not sure I’ve seen a team acquire so many elite-near elite players in a FA period before, especially if they get OBJ.

Not everyone had the money for peters. A few teams didnt have any money at the time or they had just enough for there draft. And most trades seem to be considered steals when players are involved. But the peters one seems like the only move that seems that great.

Not every playoff team is either in need for those two positions or have the cap space. Talib is a 32 year old cb on a one year deal that has his head firmly screwed on to his butt. His trade value is peanuts for a reason. 

Obj hasnt even happened and is just he rumor mill turning. If they get him for cheap then we can talk.

Archived