Rams Sign DT Ndamukong Suh

chris00cm

Talked about a week or two ago about a one-year deal being the best for both parties. He will cash out next season, and Rams fans don't have to answer the question of how they will pay Donald in the future. Oh and the future comp pick is cool too.

Short term deal for the money he lost this season by getting cut. Basically what I thought he would get. 

Thought we might have to a sweeten the pot with an option for ‘19 to close the deal. Glad we didnt have to. 

Most are saying Donald+Suh. But the reality is Donald+Sub+ Brockers... now that’s Ian scary

3 minutes ago, chris00cm said:

If my calculations are correct, this puts the Rams at about 5mil free. More moves to come.

I think we’ve got a bit more free cap space than that. 

Not to mention easy cuts we still have (Barron/Webster/Westbrooks) and even some logical extension/restructures (Joyner/Saffold)

16 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I think we’ve got a bit more free cap space than that. 

Not to mention easy cuts we still have (Barron/Webster/Westbrooks) and even some logical extension/restructures (Joyner/Saffold)

Was at 29mil before the Suh, Robey-Coleman, Sullivan, and Easley signings.

5 minutes ago, chris00cm said:

Was at 29mil before the Suh, Robey-Coleman, Sullivan, and Easley signings.

This puts us at around $12 million when you count him, NRC and Sully, $11 if you add the two to get from top 51 they coun now to the 53 man roster.

Certainly a really exciting move. I was a big opposer of the move when it was brought up a couple weeks ago but I eventually really warmed up to it, and now I'm actually excited for it. What a dominant D Line that's going to be. The part I like most, however, is that it's only a one year deal and won't affect our ability to extend Donald long term. If it wasn't already blatantly obvious, this team is going for it all this year. I can't f-ing wait. 

56 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

This puts us at around $12 million when you count him, NRC and Sully, $11 if you add the two to get from top 51 they coun now to the 53 man roster.

If we're counting top 51, then yes you are correct.

Didn't know spotrac offered this service. Pretty neat.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tools/roster/los-angeles-rams/2018/e3dcdbd9984eab9829705d2f6efd3c79/

8 minutes ago, chris00cm said:

If we're counting top 51, then yes you are correct.

Didn't know spotrac offered this service. Pretty neat.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tools/roster/los-angeles-rams/2018/e3dcdbd9984eab9829705d2f6efd3c79/

Yea but I highly doubt NRC and Sullivan are going to be getting even breakdowns of money for the life of their contracts. This isn’t the NBA. 

Id bet those two are counting less than $7m against the 2018 Cap

Archived