Rams Sign DT Ndamukong Suh

chris00cm

16 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I'm telling you, Harold Landry or Jeff Holland are perfect after the Suh signing. Both guys will be absolute nightmares with an interior DL that can collapse the pocket.

I don’t think anyone is telling you that you’re wrong?

i would also think we are looking at plent of other edge rushers as well.

Just saw a few recent mocks that have Marcus Davenport falling to us. Oh boy would that be fun

2 hours ago, chris00cm said:

If my calculations are correct, this puts the Rams at about 5mil free. More moves to come.

Spotrac had us at $30m before this, NRC's deal, Sullivan's deal, and Shield's deal.  So i think we'll have a shade more than that.  Not much, but probably closer to $7m.

I find this an interesting hedging of bets too.  If Peters doesn't work out but Suh does, you've got money freed up you can shift from one to the other.  Or vice-versa.  And if both work out then we've got a problem many teams would kill to have... and a worse case scenario of another high comp pick.

15 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I don’t think anyone is telling you that you’re wrong?

i would also think we are looking at plent of other edge rushers as well.

Just saw a few recent mocks that have Marcus Davenport falling to us. Oh boy would that be fun

I didn't say anyone is telling me I'm wrong. I'm simply making the point that after this signing, those guys are glorious fits because of their ability to consistently win while running the arc.

19 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I didn't say anyone is telling me I'm wrong. I'm simply making the point that after this signing, those guys are glorious fits because of their ability to consistently win while running the arc.

You just come off as quite defiant with the “I’m telling you” seemingly directed at the entire forum. 

I would also say, the Suh signing really shouldn’t have much impact on our draft picks, as he will be around for at most 20 games where we are hoping the guys we draft are producing for 100+

14 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

You just come off as quite defiant with the “I’m telling you” seemingly directed at the entire forum. 

I would also say, the Suh signing really shouldn’t have much impact on our draft picks, as he will be around for at most 20 games where we are hoping the guys we draft are producing for 100+

Well, they didn't sign Suh because they're conceding the year. And it certainly indicates that we highly value our interior pass rush.

Do you not say "I'm telling you" when you're reiterating a point? Ex. "I'm telling you guys, we're going to win it all this year. Trust me."

We are in it to win it THIS YEAR! But wait.... we position ourselves well enough to be SB contenders for many years to come. I don’t expect Snead/McVay to stop being aggressive after this season. No more of that 5yr plan crap Fisher was preaching. It’s win right now. I’m loving it lol.

On a side note, next month the schedules will be released. I wonder how many primetime games the Rams will have? We haven’t had a SNF game since 2010 when it was flexed with the Rams traveling to Seattle to face the Seahawks Week 17 with the division title on the line. So I’m thinking we get at least one SNF and at least one MNF games to go with obviously a TNF game. 

35 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

On a side note, next month the schedules will be released. I wonder how many primetime games the Rams will have? We haven’t had a SNF game since 2010 when it was flexed with the Rams traveling to Seattle to face the Seahawks Week 17 with the division title on the line. So I’m thinking we get at least one SNF and at least one MNF games to go with obviously a TNF game. 

Yeah.  They'll probably be road games (definitely in the case of an MNF game), but we should get multiple primetime games.  The issue we're always going to run up against though (and even Seattle ran into this) is that the league typically hates doing primetime games, especially on work days, on the West Coast (PST) because kickoff ends up at 5:30pm in order for it to be over early enough that they're not keeping East Coast viewers up past midnight.

I won't be surprised if we end up the late/second MNF game on opening weekend though, since they typically do one of the west coast teams in there (it's been the Chargers the last two years I believe) and we offer them some enticing divisional matchups (us against the Niners, us against the Hawks), which they also like to do Week 1.  I'd say that second MNF game on Week 1 is likely either us/Niners, us/Hawks, Niners/Hawks, or Chargers/Chiefs.

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

Well, they didn't sign Suh because they're conceding the year. And it certainly indicates that we highly value our interior pass rush.

Do you not say "I'm telling you" when you're reiterating a point? Ex. "I'm telling you guys, we're going to win it all this year. Trust me."

I’m still not trying to call you out. I like both of those guys. It’s just with some of the banter going on in here the past few weeks, thought I missed something 

22 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Yeah.  They'll probably be road games (definitely in the case of an MNF game), but we should get multiple primetime games.  The issue we're always going to run up against though (and even Seattle ran into this) is that the league typically hates doing primetime games, especially on work days, on the West Coast (PST) because kickoff ends up at 5:30pm in order for it to be over early enough that they're not keeping East Coast viewers up past midnight.

I won't be surprised if we end up the late/second MNF game on opening weekend though, since they typically do one of the west coast teams in there (it's been the Chargers the last two years I believe) and we offer them some enticing divisional matchups (us against the Niners, us against the Hawks), which they also like to do Week 1.  I'd say that second MNF game on Week 1 is likely either us/Niners, us/Hawks, Niners/Hawks, or Chargers/Chiefs.

Give us SNF games then.

13 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I got what you meant...people need to stop looking so deep into these texts

18 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

I can see the Saints-Rams game getting the NBC slot.

Other games I can see are:

@SF 
KC
@OAK (MNF)
@DET (Thanksgiving)

Archived