What receiver will you remember for these QB's?

Akomplice

17 hours ago, Akomplice said:

Who pops to mind as their go to receiver when looking back at these QB's? Catch is, you could only pick one. So the debate gets a little interesting for some of these QB's. It could be a running back, tight end or wide receiver.

Carson Palmer. Ocho Cinco

Joe Flacco. Torrey

Drew Brees. Colston

Eli Manning. Plaxico

Tom Brady. Welker

My answers in bold. Here's a good one, Alex Smith. Who's his receiver???

19 hours ago, Akomplice said:

Who pops to mind as their go to receiver when looking back at these QB's? Catch is, you could only pick one. So the debate gets a little interesting for some of these QB's. It could be a running back, tight end or wide receiver.

Carson Palmer.

Joe Flacco.

Drew Brees. 

Eli Manning.

Tom Brady.

Chad Johnson

Torrey Smith

Marques Colston

Plaxico Burress

Randy Moss

19 hours ago, Akomplice said:

Carson Palmer.

Joe Flacco.

Drew Brees. 

Eli Manning.

Tom Brady.

Carson Palmer --> Ochocinco

Joe Flacco --> Derrick Mason

Drew Brees --> Marques Colston

Eli Manning --> OBJ

Tom Brady --> Gronk

19 hours ago, Crickett said:

Chad Ochocinco

Torrey Smith

Marques Colston

Victor Cruz

Wes Welker

Yeah.  I think this is what i'd go with for each.

The Flacco one is funny, because Boldin is probably the better choice...but my mind immediately goes to the patented prayer/flag ball, and that takes me to Torrey Smith first.

Eli - Cruz is the only one that didn't immediately come to mind for me.  First association was David Tyree, but that hardly fits the "go to receiver" label overall xD.  Thought about Plax and Hakeem Nicks as well there, but i think Cruz might actually be a better one.  Eli is tougher in general, because he's had a handful of different "go to" guys over the years...and some fairly different styles to them as well.

29 minutes ago, Danger said:

Donovan McNabb
Peyton Manning
Phillip Rivers
Ben Roethlisberger
Aaron Rodgers

Thought about it a little more this time:

McNabb - Brian Westbrook

Manning - Marvin Harrison

Rivers - Antonio Gates

Roethlisberger - Between Holmes and Brown. I'd go Santonio for the Super Bowl.

Rodgers - Jordy Nelson.

28 minutes ago, Danger said:

Donovan McNabb
Peyton Manning
Phillip Rivers
Ben Roethlisberger
Aaron Rodgers

McNabb - I honestly don't know.  I don't really strongly associate him with anyone in particular.  Maybe Westbrook if we're not talking purely WRs?

Peyton - Dallas Clark...or Reggie Wayne if it has to be an actual WR.  But always think of TEs first with Peyton.

Rivers - Vincent Jackson.

Roethlisberger - Hard to ignore Antonio Brown, even though i pretty strongly associate him with Hines Ward.

Rodgers - Jordy Nelson.

13 minutes ago, Acgott said:

Interesting that there is more Plaxico with Eli here. He played 4 seasons with him. OBJ will begin his 5th season if it happens, although Plax has a 10 game lead to due to injuries.

I think the bias against OBJ + Eli is that people are tending to "remember" Eli more at his peak.  Whereas his time with OBJ has been seen as largely on his career downswing.

Archived