OWNERS MEETINGS

Karnage84

The Lions are in Orlando this week for the Owners Meetings. These are a few tidbits that have come out in the news that are Lions specific.

These are courtesy of the Bleacher Report news app. If someone else wants to verify by Twitter or whatever else, go for it.

Defensive Play Calling: Paul Pasqualoni is going to do the majority of the defensive play calling. Patricia has said that he'll weigh in when necessary

Ebron: Bob Quinn has acknowledged that his salary was essentially untradeable which is why he was released.

Draft Picks: Bob Quinn has said that he is open to adding more picks in the upcoming draft (we currently have 6, one of the lowest)

Hankins: We aren't currently in the running to bring in Hankins (so we can let that dream die for now)

Golden Tate: There's an awesome video of Tate snagging a beer in the air. He chugs it while wearing an American Flag onesie as he is vacationing in Whistler, BC.

Draft: Ron Wood is unhappy to have missed out on the draft and hopes Detroit can host it sometime soon

Ed Sheeran: The Lions are one of eight teams that will have to play on the road due to an Ed Sheeran concert

Also said Ameer has a role in our offense. Big year for JRM and Killebrew. Supposedly, Diggs and Wilson will be moved around. And the obvious, Quinn wants to add picks.

This is actually a deep draft at key positions of need for the Lions. RB, TE, LB, DT, DE, OL. I could see them double up on a couple of these.

14 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

Also said Ameer has a role in our offense. Big year for JRM and Killebrew. Supposedly, Diggs and Wilson will be moved around. And the obvious, Quinn wants to add picks.

This is actually a deep draft at key positions of need for the Lions. RB, TE, LB, DT, DE, OL. I could see them double up on a couple of these.

That's what I want them to do rds 4 and 5 just dbl up on rbs 

What is ameers role? St.. 

2 hours ago, Rockcity2 said:

That's what I want them to do rds 4 and 5 just dbl up on rbs 

What is ameers role? St.. 

Blount isn't going to be here forever and Ameer isn't the worst player in the league. He's just not a guy that we can rely on as a primary ball carrier. His $1M salary isn't the worst. A rookie back will be brought in. It's a pretty crowded room already with Ameer, Blount and Riddick. The Lions problems in the past have been 1) poor OL play and 2) Relying on Ameer to be a lead back. He could be a very good TJ Yeldon/Chris guy. Someone that can be productive when needed but is not a primary ball carrying type.

I expect that we'll add an extra 2nd or 3rd and likely some extra picks in rounds 5-7.

2 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Blount isn't going to be here forever and Ameer isn't the worst player in the league. He's just not a guy that we can rely on as a primary ball carrier. His $1M salary isn't the worst. A rookie back will be brought in. It's a pretty crowded room already with Ameer, Blount and Riddick. The Lions problems in the past have been 1) poor OL play and 2) Relying on Ameer to be a lead back. He could be a very good TJ Yeldon/Chris guy. Someone that can be productive when needed but is not a primary ball carrying type.

I expect that we'll add an extra 2nd or 3rd and likely some extra picks in rounds 5-7.

I've seen enough ameer.. highly doubt he blows up this yr and we resign him. I'd rather look for the next guy

11 minutes ago, Rockcity2 said:

I've seen enough ameer.. highly doubt he blows up this yr and we resign him. I'd rather look for the next guy

Agreed but he's fairly cheap and they probably won't get too much for him in a trade. He's a guy that could be traded if the Lions are looking to add some extra picks and have a RB they've drafted that they really like. I think Quinn is using this language to a) keep Ameer in a positive mindset if they can't trade him for value and choose to keep him on the roster and b) prop up his value a bit so they can actually get something for him instead of Team X waiting for him to be cut. It makes sense that they're not making final decisions on him without knowing what the next steps are going to be. None of us can predict how the draft will play out.

34 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Agreed but he's fairly cheap and they probably won't get too much for him in a trade. He's a guy that could be traded if the Lions are looking to add some extra picks and have a RB they've drafted that they really like. I think Quinn is using this language to a) keep Ameer in a positive mindset if they can't trade him for value and choose to keep him on the roster and b) prop up his value a bit so they can actually get something for him instead of Team X waiting for him to be cut. It makes sense that they're not making final decisions on him without knowing what the next steps are going to be. None of us can predict how the draft will play out.

I'm actually with you.. think it needs to be some kind of package deal but think you can get something..be a late rd pick but I'd take it

I got stuff rolling around in my brain just to get something out of him..

I think we should trade for someone and kinda throw him in on the deal

You say he's only a million late rd rbs are cheap also

Archived