Raiders cut Clive Walford; claimed by Jets

49erurtaza

14 hours ago, heafstaag said:

Why was he released? Anyone know?

12 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

He asked to be released apparently. Knew he was stuck behind Cook and quite frankly isn't a very good TE. 

So basically the Raiders threw him a bone.  

He probably dropped it.  

13 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

So basically the Raiders threw him a bone.  

He probably dropped it.  

He couldn’t make it on the field to drop the bone.  The guys ceiling is an average TE at this point.  Might be worth a cheap depth option for a team, but he had plenty of chances to prove himself and he didn’t do anything.

2 hours ago, daineraider said:

He couldn’t make it on the field to drop the bone.  The guys ceiling is an average TE at this point.  Might be worth a cheap depth option for a team, but he had plenty of chances to prove himself and he didn’t do anything.

Before you think I'm just having fun with the Raiders here....there's probably a 1 in 3 chance he ends up in DEN.  So I'm also lol'ing at us if we sign him.   Such bad hands, and such underwhelming performance when he had his shot.  Still, he's young, cheap, and physically talented - too bad TE needs so much more than that, the jump from college to NFL is like going from the stone age to modern day in terms of position complexity.  Probably the hardest position to predict which of the "physical-tools-but-needs-time" projects succeed, or flat out busts.   It's no coincidence so few TE's go Rd1, given the 1-2 year fermentation time  teams often need.

43 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Before you think I'm just having fun with the Raiders here....there's probably a 1 in 3 chance he ends up in DEN.  So I'm also lol'ing at us if we sign him.   Such bad hands, and such underwhelming performance when he had his shot.  Still, he's young, cheap, and physically talented - too bad TE needs so much more than that, the jump from college to NFL is like going from the stone age to modern day in terms of position complexity.  Probably the hardest position to predict which of the "physical-tools-but-needs-time" projects succeed, or flat out busts.   It's no coincidence so few TE's go Rd1, given the 1-2 year fermentation time  teams often need.

Yeah, I was actually agreeing with you and I just added a bit more to it.  Your posts(even if a bit sarcastic) seem to be quite rational even if discussing your rival.

Archived