1 round mock (no trades) - first attempt of 2018

Jets913

23 hours ago, Jets913 said:

4. Browns – Minkah Fitzpatrick – DB – Alabama

Gross. We don't really need a FS anymore. Especially at #4. When he's the 2nd best safety in the class.

Give us Denzel Ward or Derwin James. Those are both better picks if we aren't allowed to trade down.

On 3/28/2018 at 9:53 AM, Flatlyner said:

I can't see the Rams passing up the best EDGE on the board with their pick. I think they would be giddy if Landry dropped to them.

^^^ This.  Look, I love LVE as a prospect, but in Wade Phillips' defense edge rusher is prioritized in terms of draft capital investments made far more than ILB is.  So unless Les Snead and McVay utterly fall in love with LVE in interviews and visits and decide they can get a quality EDGE in the 3rd round or later (we also have to remember that EDGE is one of those positions where there's more often early runs on the position than other positions and guys will tend to be overvalued based on - untapped - potential), I can't see them passing on an ideal fit best EDGE on the board.  (Have to remember that Denver with Wade on the staff sunk a 1st into Shane Ray even when they already had Von and Ware.)

Archived