Redskins to Meet with Richmond City Council to Determine Future of Training Camp

MKnight82

1 hour ago, Slappy Mc said:

I will argue all day long in favor of trading for Alex Smith. Kendall Fuller is a steep price, but I got over losing a slot CB for a Pro Bowl QB pretty quickly. 

Here's my concern: in twelve years, Alex Smith has made the Pro Bowl three times. All three of those times are with one of the best coaches of his generation not named Bill Belichick. A coach who is renowned for maximizing the QB's talent and minimizing their faults ... and watching the QBs go elsewhere and bomb.

Basically, the gamble is: is Alex Smith (at 35) now the guy who he was with the Chiefs? Or is that just another Andy Reid QB mirage? I don't know the answer to that. I can look at the stats (and they don't give me hope). I can look at his last year (and that could).

But I don't think the team as a whole is in position where going all in on a "Pro Bowl QB" made a lot of sense.

That all said, we're drifting away from the topic of Richmond and Redskins' training camp. Yes, I realize I'm guilty of doing this. That's why I writing this to everyone including myself.

Training camp in Richmond hasn’t gone as well as they’ve wanted it to, yeah, I’m not shocked. I never liked the idea. If it wasn’t for Bruce Allen’s connections, this never would have happened. When training camp was actually “training camp” they had it in Carlisle, PA or Frostburg, MD at Frostburg State University. I used to go to trips to both of those, it wasn’t a spectical and PR show, get this, they actually focused on football!

40 minutes ago, Woz said:

Here's my concern: in twelve years, Alex Smith has made the Pro Bowl three times. All three of those times are with one of the best coaches of his generation not named Bill Belichick. A coach who is renowned for maximizing the QB's talent and minimizing their faults ... and watching the QBs go elsewhere and bomb.

Basically, the gamble is: is Alex Smith (at 35) now the guy who he was with the Chiefs? Or is that just another Andy Reid QB mirage? I don't know the answer to that. I can look at the stats (and they don't give me hope). I can look at his last year (and that could).

But I don't think the team as a whole is in position where going all in on a "Pro Bowl QB" made a lot of sense.

It’s definitely a concern, but Alex Smith is more of a pro than Donovan McNabb and definitely Kevin Kolb. 

As for your last paragraph, if that’s the case then we shouldn’t have been paying Kirk Cousins $10 million more than Alex Smith to retain him as well. We should have just tanked. Perhaps that’s the case, but this owner isn’t going to tank and perhaps we should just come to grips with that even though I don’t think any of us agree with it.

31 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

It’s definitely a concern, but Alex Smith is more of a pro than Donovan McNabb

The guy who made the Pro Bowls six times (five straight years in his heyday) ... is less of a pro than Alex Smith? O.o

4 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

I get the privilege of reading people bash the team relentlessly and I can't make a comment in response each time? 

I have no desire to fight with anyone, but I will play devils advocate to help some "cave dwellers" see the light.

Except you weren't commenting in response to what someone said. No one said anything about Bruce Allen. You injected Bruce Allen into the conversation in order to passive-aggressively pick a fight and troll. 

I have no problem with you arguing your position on anything. Please do so. But as @Wozsaid, me good-naturedly chiding you for your troll attempt was a very light tap on the wrist.

1 hour ago, Woz said:

That all said, we're drifting away from the topic of Richmond and Redskins' training camp. Yes, I realize I'm guilty of doing this. That's why I writing this to everyone including myself.

Thank you!

Guys, let's get back to the training camp issue/deal, please. 

There's tons of room to open other threads to argue your other favorite issues

36 minutes ago, Woz said:

The guy who made the Pro Bowls six times (five straight years in his heyday) ... is less of a pro than Alex Smith? O.o

This is exhausting. I’m talking about Smith’s approach to the game and the shape he keeps himself in.

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

Except you weren't commenting in response to what someone said. No one said anything about Bruce Allen. You injected Bruce Allen into the conversation in order to passive-aggressively pick a fight and troll. 

I have no problem with you arguing your position on anything. Please do so. But as @Wozsaid, me good-naturedly chiding you for your troll attempt was a very light tap on the wrist.

Not going to argue that I injected Bruce Allen into this thread, but I was still buzzing from the other thread where I was debating our futile existence as Redskins fans with other posters. Was my post passive-aggressive? Sure. But it was more of a continuation of frustration for me than a “troll” or “an attempt to pick a fight”.

I accept the slap on the wrist but my comments remain. 

6 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Richmond needs to cut bait with the team. Honestly, I'm surprised that the whole name thing hasn't soured them on this already. Hopefully this will also negatively impact attempts to build a new stadium in Northern Virginia.

Archived