Mock Drafts

imani

https://first-pick.com/NFL/DraftGame.aspx

posted this site way back when. Fun to play around with, trade downs are unrealistic lol

more of a list of prospect and guys I like for Seattle on the list below. This is operating under the assumption that we trade Earl for the reported amount and I tried to orchestrate trade downs that reflected that with some bonuses

Your Picks:
Round 2 Pick 26 (ATL):  Corbett, Austin, OG, Nevada (A-)
Round 2 Pick 28 (PITT):  Chubb, Nick, RB, Georgia (A)
Round 3 Pick 14 (K.C.):  Miller, Kolton, OT, UCLA (A)
Round 3 Pick 22 (K.C.):  Bates III, Jessie, FS, Wake Forest (B+)
Round 3 Pick 26 (ATL):  Holmes, Jalyn, DE, Ohio State (A)
Round 3 Pick 28 (PITT):  Speaks, Breeland, DE, Mississippi (A+)
Round 3 Pick 30 (MINN):  Freeman, Royce, RB, Oregon (A)
Round 4 Pick 20:  Toliver II, Kevin, CB, LSU (A+)
Round 5 Pick 4:  Hamilton, DaeSean, WR, Penn State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 9:  Dickson, Michael, P, Texas (A+)
Round 5 Pick 31:  Burnett, Deontay, WR, Southern California (A+)
Round 5 Pick 32:  Norton, Kendrick, DT, Miami (FL) (A+)
Round 7 Pick 8:  Carlson, Daniel, K, Auburn (A+)
Round 7 Pick 30:  Carrington II, Darren, WR, Utah (A+)
Round 7 Pick 32:  Facyson, Brandon, CB, Virginia Tech (A+)

no no way that Seattle Drafts all these guys. 

Your Picks:
Round 2 Pick 2 (NYG):  Wynn, Isaiah, OG, Georgia (A)
Round 2 Pick 23 (CAR):  Hughes, Mike, CB, Central Florida (A+)
Round 2 Pick 28 (PITT):  Chubb, Nick, RB, Georgia (A)
Round 3 Pick 5 (NYG):  Andrews, Mark, TE, Oklahoma (A+)
Round 3 Pick 21 (CAR):  Holmes, Jalyn, DE, Ohio State (A)
Round 3 Pick 24 (CAR):  Settle, Tim, DT, Virginia Tech (A)
Round 4 Pick 20:  Gallup, Michael, WR, Colorado State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 4:  Igwebuike, Godwin, FS, Northwestern (A)
Round 5 Pick 9:  Schultz, Dalton, TE, Stanford (A+)
Round 5 Pick 31:  Dickson, Michael, P, Texas (A+)
Round 5 Pick 32:  Carlson, Daniel, K, Auburn (A+)
Round 7 Pick 8:  Tate, Auden, WR, Florida State (A+)
Round 7 Pick 30:  Stinnie, Aaron, OT, James Madison (A+)
Round 7 Pick 32:  Ferguson, Riley, QB, Memphis (A+)

• 2 weeks later...

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 29 (JAX):  Goedert, Dallas, TE, South Dakota State (B+)

Round 2 Pick 31 (N.E.):  Jones II, Ronald, RB, Southern California (A)

Round 3 Pick 13 (CINN):  Cain, Deon, WR, Clemson (A)

Round 3 Pick 25 (TENN):  Settle, Tim, DT, Virginia Tech (A)

Round 3 Pick 27 (N.O.):  Miller, Kolton, OT, UCLA (A+)

Round 3 Pick 29 (JAX):  Armstrong Jr, Dorance, DE/OLB, Kansas (A+)

Round 4 Pick 12 (CINN):  Carter, Lorenzo, OLB, Georgia (A+)

Round 4 Pick 20:  Toliver II, Kevin, CB, LSU (A+)

Round 4 Pick 25 (TENN):  Griffin, Shaquem, OLB, Central Florida (A)

Round 4 Pick 29 (JAX):  Falk, Luke, QB, Washington State (A)

Round 5 Pick 4:  Phillips, Skyler, OG, Idaho State (A+)

Round 5 Pick 9:  Brown, Andrew, DT, Virginia (A+)

Round 5 Pick 31:  Ateman, Marcell, WR, Oklahoma State (A)

Round 5 Pick 32:  Jones, Justin, DT, North Carolina State (A-)

Round 7 Pick 8:  Carlson, Daniel, K, Auburn (A+)

Round 7 Pick 30:  Dickson, Michael, P, Texas (A)

@imani That's a nice draft board. I'd love to see us take a running back, wide receiver and a safety with our earlier picks, I feel like we are a bit thin there at the moment (McDougald is a stud, we'll see what happens with Kam, and holding out hope for Carson at RB and Darboh at WR, so we should add more bodies there, for sure).

Shaquem would be a cool pick, and playing with his brother could only make the two mentally tougher. He'll be available for sure, it's only a question if our FO is willing to take the risk with him. He could be an impact player on special teams, at the very least, I think.

Here's my shot.  I made one trade with Cleveland, 18 for 33 and 35.

Your Picks:
Round 2 Pick 1 (CLE):  Guice, Derrius, RB, LSU (A-)
Round 2 Pick 3 (CLE):  Oliver, Isaiah, CB, Colorado (B)
Round 4 Pick 20:  Jones, Jamarco, OT, Ohio State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 4:  Fumagalli, Troy, TE, Wisconsin (A+)
Round 5 Pick 9:  J Hall, P, DT, Sam Houston State (B+)
Round 5 Pick 31:  Scott, Jaleel, WR, New Mexico State (A)
Round 5 Pick 32:  Madison, Cole, OG, Washington State (A)
Round 7 Pick 8:  ODaniel, Dorian, OLB, Clemson (A+)
Round 7 Pick 30:  Allen, Kyle, QB, Houston (A-)

Guice is my favorite RB in this draft, hands down.  Would take him over Barkley, no question.  Getting him at 33 would be robbery.

Oliver should be the top CB on the board.  He checks every box for the Seahawks corner prototype.

Not sure why Jones would slide to the mid 4th, but this is where I see the value for OT.  The top of the class is barely better than what you'll find here.

Fumagalli doesn't get separation, but he's always open. 

PJ Hall is a dynamic athlete for a big man, and could provide the pass rushing 3T that was lost when Richardson left.

Scott is a big bodied deep threat with speed; something the offense could use.

Madison is a very solid lineman, and could provide depth and a future at OT or OG.

O'Daniel could be an immediate special teams monster, and could provide backup as a coverage backer.

Allen is a long shot to make any NFL roster, but he has the most upside of all the late round QBs.  He may go earlier than late 7th, since he good athleticism.  

I just want Guice. There's going to (IMO) be a HUGE run on RBs (no pun intended) in the early 2nd frame. The Browns are almost a lock to take Barkley so that's whatever, but the Colts (2 2nd rounders early), Bucs, and Giants ALL need runningbacks and they all pick super early. 

IMO just trade back into the late 20s and take Guice. You're taking him a LITTLE early (if it was a slow RB demand class he'd be early-mid 2nd) but we need a player like him. Stop ***** footing around with all these trade downs to get lesser talent in the late 2nd, etc. Guice also has about half a season less carries and is declaring earlier, so he's got fresher legs. Duane Brown, the return of Fant, and another year of experience for Britt/Ifedi will hopefully help.... and Fluker was a former top 15 pick. With Cable gone maybe the OL can improve. Ed Dickson also provides a HUGE boost blocking and is a LIGHT year upgrade (in blocking) over Graham. 

Jones/Johnson have smaller frames and are shifty/explosive. We already have that in Prosise (who coincidentally can't stay healthy but have to stick with him for now, we're just too thin). 

If for whatever reason we can't get Guice, we need to get Michel. Michel is also fairly fresh in legs thanks to Chubb and I just like him as a prospect better than Chubb (who has more wear/tear). He's got better receiving skills to boot.

Various GMs/Analysts actually believe both Guice/Michel could fall into the 1st round, and with all the teams drafting early in the 2nd that need RB, I wouldn't be shocked if both do.

On 4/11/2018 at 10:21 AM, NFL_Announcer said:

I just want Guice. There's going to (IMO) be a HUGE run on RBs (no pun intended) in the early 2nd frame. The Browns are almost a lock to take Barkley so that's whatever, but the Colts (2 2nd rounders early), Bucs, and Giants ALL need runningbacks and they all pick super early. 

IMO just trade back into the late 20s and take Guice. You're taking him a LITTLE early (if it was a slow RB demand class he'd be early-mid 2nd) but we need a player like him. Stop ***** footing around with all these trade downs to get lesser talent in the late 2nd, etc. Guice also has about half a season less carries and is declaring earlier, so he's got fresher legs. Duane Brown, the return of Fant, and another year of experience for Britt/Ifedi will hopefully help.... and Fluker was a former top 15 pick. With Cable gone maybe the OL can improve. Ed Dickson also provides a HUGE boost blocking and is a LIGHT year upgrade (in blocking) over Graham. 

Jones/Johnson have smaller frames and are shifty/explosive. We already have that in Prosise (who coincidentally can't stay healthy but have to stick with him for now, we're just too thin). 

If for whatever reason we can't get Guice, we need to get Michel. Michel is also fairly fresh in legs thanks to Chubb and I just like him as a prospect better than Chubb (who has more wear/tear). He's got better receiving skills to boot.

Various GMs/Analysts actually believe both Guice/Michel could fall into the 1st round, and with all the teams drafting early in the 2nd that need RB, I wouldn't be shocked if both do.

Royce Freeman is another guy I like if there is a trade down, and I think Chubb may be better for the Seahawks than Michel.    

11 hours ago, showtime said:

How do you guys feel about Derwin James?  He's a guy who would probably be drafted really highly (and still might be) if it weren't for durability concerns.

Other than those concerns, I really like him. We need a safety and he's athletic and could potentially thrive in our system.

I do, however, feel that his name isn't really highlighted on our draft board, but would love to see him here. Only if he slips to the later rounds, though.

Your Picks: Round 2 Pick 1 (CLE):  Kirk, Christian, WR, Texas AM (A-)

Round 2 Pick 31 (N.E.):  Corbett, Austin, OG, Nevada (A-)

Round 2 Pick 32 (CLE):  Johnson, Kerryon, RB, Auburn (A+)

Round 4 Pick 20:  Aruna, Ade, DE, Tulane (A)

Round 5 Pick 4:  Harris, Davontae, CB, Illinois State (A+)

Round 5 Pick 13 (CLE):  Falk, Luke, QB, Washington State (A+)

Round 5 Pick 29 (BUF):  Lazard, Allen, WR, Iowa State (A+)

Round 5 Pick 31:  Jones, Justin, DT, North Carolina State (A)

Round 6 Pick 19 (DAL):  Sam, Christian, ILB, Arizona State (A+)

Round 6 Pick 24 (N.E.):  Apke, Troy, SS, Penn State (A+)

Round 6 Pick 36 (N.E.):  Joseph, Michael, CB, Dubuque (A)

Round 7 Pick 8:  Atkins, John, DT, Georgia (A+)

On 4/12/2018 at 10:55 AM, ditchdigger said:

Royce Freeman is another guy I like if there is a trade down, and I think Chubb may be better for the Seahawks than Michel.    

You’re dead on with Chubb. Two words: Pass Protection

Archived